Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMU Mustangs, Matildas
The Swans hobble into the last game before the bye against Hawthorn - a team who have just enjoyed something we could really use... a rest.

Big Tom Hickey's playing on one leg.
Heeney's dodgy ankle has flared up again.
Bud's just happy to make it onto the paddock.
And the youthful crew of Campbell, McDonald, Gulden, Chad, JMac and Wicksy are either licking their wounds in the recovery rooms or buggered by 12 rounds of hard work.

The Swans just need four more quarters of big effort and they can take a break.

Now I know the Hawks have seen better seasons....
Their only wins were against Essendon (by a point in round 1)
and the crows (by 3 points in round 6)...

But I'm not writing them off.
(I wrote off the blues and saints and that didn't work too well.)

The Hawks have a good record against us.
Their coach is alright.
And as I said - they'll be well rested.

What's more, they still have big name players like O'Meara, Burgoyne, McEvoy and Wingard. And little name players like Tom Mitchell.

If the Swans read this blog - and I suspect a few of them do - my advice is to get ready for one more red hot go. 2 more hours of hard fought footy. 1 more night of effort.

Let's just grab the 4 points and get out of Dodge.

We're 8-4.

We've already had 3 more wins than last season.

And no matter what any of us think of the SCG, we're still undefeated against interstate teams there this season.

Make no mistake - we're a better team than Hawthorn in 2021.

The Swans are due for a really strong team performance. I'm backing the boys to give the hawks a touch up.

Swans by 35.

Last edited:

Apr 3, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
i can see the future and there will be 22 people looking like this next friday night

sad.jpg

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Even though the Hawks are well down compared to just 3 years ago, it doesn't get any bigger of a trap game than this IMO. It looks easy on paper, but just before the bye there might be some players who are looking forward to it after an exhausting slog. Some youngsters have played all the games thus far.

Quite easy to get switched off for this and I hope that they know even if you are 5% down bad things might happen as we saw in the GCS game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Losing this isn’t an option. Make no mistake, we won’t get a better chance to stomp on their faces than this. Well maybe next year when we’re premiers and they’re wooden spooners, but this is the best chance before then.

Losing to the Hawks by a point would still be worse than losing to the Suns by 7 goals. They’re s**t. They’re worse than s**t, they’re pee and poo.

Buddy will laugh all the way to a 7 goal haul. Swans by 44 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Personally getting a little nervous that on the telly it looks like Warner is spending more time up fwd as a pressure player of late. We looked to be hammered in clearances to the eye and he didnt seem to be around it as much as in previous weeks. He's our best clearance winner in my opinion, maybe shaded by Hickey.which is damn remarkable on 1 leg.

Rhysswans13

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Massive game in terms of ladder positioning.

Before the end of the bye period:
Eagles v Richmond
Port v Geelong (Geelong suck after the Bye)
Geelong v Bulldogs

We beat the Hawks and where a chance to make our move up the ladder.

Watched Hawks live against the Suns and based on that we should have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Swans by 42 points.

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Here we go.
Cue 10 pages of Blakey melts.
The difficult thing with Blakey is that he has more natural talent than most players in the team, but he uses that talent so badly. At this stage it has become a coaching issue. Someone needs to take him under their wing and teach him some smarts.

Can that be taught?

The difficult thing with Blakey is that he has more natural talent than most players in the team, but he uses that talent so badly. At this stage it has become a coaching issue. Someone needs to take him under their wing and teach him some smarts.

Can that be taught?
more so athletic ability imo

Isn’t smart amd awareness is shocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back