Preview Sydney Swans vs Hawthorn, Friday June 11 @ the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does James Bell bring to the team?
Longmire - "fantastic high speed runner ... ability to run hard both ways .. a real asset ..."

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Right about now, if I were Taylor or Clarke, I'd be seriously questioning what Bell has done to earn selection ahead of me.

Eh, it’s likely none of them including Bell will be on our list in two years.

Taylor’s form in VFL has been very good but he has shown time and time again that he hasn’t been up to consistent AFL football. After 112 AFL games I doubt he will improve.

Clarke has played 54 games, again known quantity and not up to consistent weekly performances.

Bell at least is 22, had a late start to the sport and has only played 14 AFL games (some as sub this year that barely count). He can also play inside if needed (replacing Warner). Neither of the other two are inside.

I am no defender of Bell, in fact I’d probably have delisted him, but the other two aren’t exactly inspiring either.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Eh, it’s likely none of them including Bell will be on our list in two years.

Taylor’s form in VFL has been very good but he has shown time and time again that he hasn’t been up to consistent AFL football. After 112 AFL games I doubt he will improve.

Clarke has played 54 games, again known quantity and not up to consistent weekly performances.

Bell at least is 22, had a late start to the sport and has only played 14 AFL games (some as sub this year that barely count). He can also play inside if needed (replacing Warner). Neither of the other two are inside.

I am no defender of Bell, in fact I’d probably have delisted him, but the other two aren’t exactly inspiring either.
Disagree on the inside . My issue is that when he has a chance his man always seems to be able to get it out of our forward line. OK , Clarke , Bell and Blakey for pick 1

One off Topic post and You jump on it. Have been on This Board for I don't know how long and have read 100's of Threads where people take things sideways for pages on end and it slides.
It's been 12 years give or take a week or two... I did this little thing where I took away the year you joined from the current year, and Wallah!!! I have the answer... :D

On a serious note... DON'T DISRESPECT THE MODS!

You got a gripe, send them a PM... They do this for free and have to put up with all kinds of s**t... and still they do this for us. Please be nice and respectful to them...

What does James Bell bring to the team?
Longmire - "fantastic high speed runner ... ability to run hard both ways .. a real asset ..."

Averages 3 tackles a game and I've seen him avoid contests more often that that. Hope he proves me wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
as of
as of 12:01am nsw lifting all restrictions on anyone entering from victoria. you beauty.

what can anyone tell me about the food at the lord dudley? family booked dinner there pre game

Having lived virtually opposite the Lord Dudley for 12 years the food was always good. The favourite of locals though somewhat of a secret for locals is Cafe Nino walking distance from the Dudley in ocean St. That's where the locals go. Their Seafood Mornay was my favourite all time dining out meal. Small but awesome food.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Bell’s selection is just disappointing.

If form in the 2’s is the driver - Bell shouldn’t be playing.

If promoting our most talented kids is the driver - Bell shouldn’t be playing.

If giving a key player a chance to grow some confidence against a weaker side is the driver - Bell shouldn’t be playing.

I’m just scratching my head over this one.

Jun 29, 2010
Bombay
AFL Club
Sydney
Bell’s selection is just disappointing.

If form in the 2’s is the driver - Bell shouldn’t be playing.

If promoting our most talented kids is the driver - Bell shouldn’t be playing.

If giving a key player a chance to grow some confidence against a weaker side is the driver - Bell shouldn’t be playing.

I’m just scratching my head over this one.
Reckon horse is playing 4D chess with Clarko?

Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I have a bad feeling on this one...

O'Meara, Day and Newcombe in for them. Bell for us... i think we might be too short in defence. Its always scrappy vs Hawks...

A big 4 points on offer. Cats or Port will drop points and either WC or Richmond will too as they play each other. A win for us with a percentage booster would do wonders for our ladder position.

Reckon it'll be a horrible scrap, we'll get up but by under 10 points

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler

O'Meara, Day and Newcombe in for them. Bell for us... i think we might be too short in defence. Its always scrappy vs Hawks...

A big 4 points on offer. Cats or Port will drop points and either WC or Richmond will too as they play each other. A win for us with a percentage booster would do wonders for our ladder position.

It will be a kick in it either way.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United

Bell isn't going to decide the game. However Warner being out may do so, he's been so important. But JPK and Parker will drag us over the line.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
I tell ya, if Bell has a cracker, like Amartey last week, I’m going to tag every single person who’s slagged off his selection in a good old fashioned roast. Seriously, I think this is the worst I’ve seen.
Stick an apple in my mouth, bung me on the rotisserie & roast away Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back