Preview Sydney Swans vs Melbourne Demons, Saturday May 8 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Is. Huge.

Win, we're officially a top 4 side. Lose? No worries. Expected to.

I've been saying for the last week I was more worried about home game v Geelong then dees on the g. I've seen how we play on the mcg and I honestly think it suits us better. Dees basically copied our blueprint into beating Richmond. Their loss is going to come at some point and I can't see them being 10-0 and I can't see North, Adelaide, Carlton beating them. So 9-1 it is with us being the 1.

Rampe,McDonald in. Melican, Sinclair out. Slight chance they get Bud up for a run around his favourite ground too.

Say what! Why are you dropping Gulden? His last goal assist was a big reason we won the game and he kicked 2 himself!

Like I said, just as much for rest as performance reasons. I assume the plan is to give all the young guys a rest at some point during the season. He only kicked one last night with 7 touches so now is a good time for a rest as any.

Say what! Why are you dropping Gulden? His last goal assist was a big reason we won the game and he kicked 2 himself!
Some of his errors killed off a few chances as well, he might benefit from a rest, whether this week or next week he needs one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gawn vs Hickey. Its going to be epic

Winner will be the undisputed favourite for AA ruckman.

EDIT: Realistically, even if Hickey has a great game against Melbourne, Gawn is probably still AA ruckman. He's been incredible this year - even beyond Hickey. Playing at a remarkably high level.

Last edited:
I thought Blakey might only be dropped for a week - but he didn’t star in the 2’s.

Stephens does add composure that contrasts with Blakey’s chaos.

Still - they both need to be long-term best XII

Last edited:
I thought Blakey might only be dropped for a week - but he didn’t star in the 2’s.

Stephens does add composure that contracts with Blakey’s chaos.

Still - they both need to be long-term best XII
Best 12? Thats a stretch for Blakey. Maybe revisit your roman numerals..

Maybe I'm a bit harsh, and he did deliver the winning inside 50, but I was pretty disappointed with Cunningham's game last night.
Felt most of his disposals were suspect or plain didn't work.

Would bring in Ling for Cunningham and see if he can do the same job.

Or as I said, maybe I'm being harsh.

Maybe I'm a bit harsh, and he did deliver the winning inside 50, but I was pretty disappointed with Cunningham's game last night.

Harsh, I think. I've been very happy with Cunningham's year to date.

Live I thought Cunningham was poor myself too. Who knows

Sinclair is all heart. I love him and I think he’s great depth. But I’d like to see McDonald back.
McDonald was pretty underwhelming in the reserves yesterday. Sinclair wasn't great for the first three quarters last night, but not sure McDonald would have had enough polish to set-up 2 of those last 3 goals like Sinclair did.

Last week BigFooty demanded the sacking of Lloyd - despite being consistently one of our finest players for several years.

This week, looks like it’s Harry.

Redeemed himself with that run and kick to Paps advantage. Genuinely thought every one of our players had shining moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back