Preview Sydney Swans vs Melbourne Demons, Saturday May 8 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blakey in, Stephens out??????

Unless the intention is to make Blakey sub, then very harsh on Stephens IMO.

If Heeney is injured why is he an emergency, unless we brought a limited number of players down.
Blakey is the sub. The app is wrong, has given us 23 players.

SYDNEY
In: D.Rampe, R.Fox, L.Franklin
Out: D.Stephens (omitted), R.Clarke (omitted), L.Melican (injured), I.Heeney (injured)

Out: Heeney (inj), Melican (inj), Stephens (omitted), Clarke (omitted)
In: Franklin, Rampe, Fox, Blakey

Hmmmmm. Heeney hurts but if hes 100% for our next 2 i'll take it.

When is he ever 100% ? What is the injury this time ? If it is still the hand they need to have a look at the medical staff and decision making.

weird when Heeney out injured

Isaac Heeney (ankle) and Lewis Melican (hamstring) will both miss the match due to injuries sustained against the Cats last week.
"Isaac jammed his ankle up a bit last week and it just hasn't recovered," Longmire said.
"He's obviously had the hand injury and been beaten up a little bit and we are hopeful of getting him back next week. He's a very important player for us.

Please do make an injured player the sub!
Do not want the Crows Lynch fiasco.

Heeney isn't listed as an emergency on the Swans site, though he is in Melbourne (presumably if we end up having an extended stay.)

I think Stephens can consider himself a bit stiff. I thought he had a better game than any of McInerney, Wicks, Warner or Gulden last week, though those guys have been solid contributors in most matches this year, which does still count for something. This is what having decent depth looks like I guess.

Literally don't get better inclusions than Buddy & Rampe. Pound for pound our two best players. And great to have Robbie Fox back! He and Rampe in will go a long way to making our defence less... wobbly. (Will still likely take some time.)

Blakey in, Stephens out??????

Unless the intention is to make Blakey sub, then very harsh on Stephens IMO.

If Heeney is injured why is he an emergency, unless we brought a limited number of players down.
Blakey can ruck!

When is he ever 100% ? What is the injury this time ? If it is still the hand they need to have a look at the medical staff and decision making.
Heeney - ankle .

Absolutely disgusted that Blakey has got a game this week ahead of Stephens. Blakey was not even the top 10 in the reserves last week. Stephens played a solid game. What must that selection do to morale. Here you go mate. You don’t need to perform and we will give you a game anyway. Can kiss goodbye to Stephens. He will be back home next year where he might get rewarded for performance.

According to the AFL website we have 5 players listed on the IC and only 3 emergencies, so I assume the med sub is comong from that 5.

View attachment 1120737
Yeah think it may have missed someone earlier, only displayed 4 for a bit I think. Panic over. Well, as long as COR or Warner aren't sub.

Absolutely disgusted that Blakey has got a game this week ahead of Stephens. Blakey was not even the top 10 in the reserves last week. Stephens played a solid game. What must that selection do to morale. Here you go mate. You don’t need to perform and we will give you a game anyway. Can kiss goodbye to Stephens. He will be back home next year where he might get rewarded for performance.

Settle down, Blakey is the sub. What a ridiculous overreaction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all we know Stephens wasn’t going to be selected in the 22 so they left him at home to spend time with mum and dad who were at the last game and therefore in Sydney.

No reserves anyway now (I’m sure they’ll train or something instead).

Edit. Apparently he is an emergency

AFL app has multiple mistakes there.

Our emergencies are Blakey, Hewett, Stephens and Brand.

Heeney is out of the squad with injury.
Yup

Sydney Swans vs Melbourne Demons

BacksDane RampeTom McCartinJordan Dawson
Half BacksJake LloydRobbie FoxJustin McInerney
CentrelineLuke ParkerOllie FlorentHarry Cunningham
Half ForwardsTom PapleyHayden McLeanCallum Sinclair
ForwardsSam WicksLance FranklinWill Hayward
FollowersTom HickeyJames RowbottomCallum Mills
InterchangeJosh KennedyChad WarnerColin O'Riordan
Errol Gulden
EmergenciesNick BlakeyDylan StephensKaiden Brand
George Hewett

For all we know Stephens wasn’t going to be selected in the 22 so they left him at home to spend time with mum and dad who were at the last game and therefore in Sydney.

No reserves anyway now (I’m sure they’ll train or something instead).
Stephens will be sub.

I think Sinclair in is probably for the dual purpose of supporting a still-strapped-up Hickey against the best ruckman of the last decade, enabling McLean to stay forward with Franklin. (As we are now without Heeney who would have likely been that third marking target.)

I'm not totally against the idea of stretching Melbourne's defence, especially when you consider Lever & May are so dominant aerially. But I think we could get killed on the rebound by those blonde headband twins the Dees have off HB. I think this is where Errol & Slick Wicks in particular will have to have strong performances to replicate that forward pressure of the first few weeks.

Definitely not playing it safe at selection as we're backing some of our more unheralded players to do roles that may end up too big for them, but if they pull it off, it will definitely be to our advantage. I'm officiating a wedding tomorrow so I won't be able to watch it live. Enjoy folks, and when we win, remember I called it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back