Preview Sydney Swans vs North Melbourne Kangaroos, Saturday August 14 @ Marvel. 7:40PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be pumped if Campbell gets back in, however give up on the b experiment, play him in his natural position
When Campbell went back to the reserves, They played him in the midfield.. If hes playing there in the Reserves, can't see him moving back if hes in the seniors

Pretty sure in his presser today Horse mentioned that Campbell had played three reserves games (4 x 25 minutes) and Warner one and a half. So it sounds like they are still managing to get games into them despite the lack of official fixtures.

Pretty sure in his presser today Horse mentioned that Campbell had played three reserves games (4 x 25 minutes) and Warner one and a half. So it sounds like they are still managing to get games into them despite the lack of official fixtures.
Campbell has now had four outings at the lower level since recovering from shin soreness while Warner has played one and a half scratch matches.

When Campbell went back to the reserves, They played him in the midfield.. If hes playing there in the Reserves, can't see him moving back if hes in the seniors

When Fox was in reserves he played in the midfield too, so did Dawson and many others.

Isn’t indicative of any more than they want them around the ball I reckon.

Saying that I wouldn’t mind seeing him play more wing.

Mills to be managed through 2021 with Achilles tendonitis week to week proposition from Longmire.

:(

If he's had it all year then I'm not sure why we'd be worried just because we're finding out about it now? Been our best player this year so clearly hasn't hindered him too much!

They really shut down our midfield and swarmed them so that they had no time or space. This meant that when our backs got the ball and looked up, there were no Swans players to kick it to, so rather than kick it down the line and run the risk of turning it over, we would kick sideways. Usually we are pretty good at switching and have improved this year by adding the 45 degree kick into the middle, but on the weekend the saints were coached pretty well to counter that.
Whatever they did, we need to take steps immediately to prevent it happening again, because every oppo coach will be studying that tape and seven of them will be taking their findings into the finals.

When Fox was in reserves he played in the midfield too, so did Dawson and many others.

Isn’t indicative of any more than they want them around the ball I reckon.

Saying that I wouldn’t mind seeing him play more wing.

Spot on Mase. This is common practice pretty much across the board at all levels of footy and AFL although using a lot of different outlooks and footy philosophies are not a lot different in that respect. They want Senior side footballers who are playing reserves footy for whatever reason where the ball is. Not going to improve your match fitness and touch to AFL level playing in the back pocket in the reserves.

It is off topic but am posting here to remind ya'll to vote for our four Swans nominated for the 22Under22 team! We bitch and moan about AA snubs, media snubs etc, well here's an accolade that we as fans can help determine. And I reckon we're a red hot chance with 2 out of the 4 close to locks in McCartin & Errol. (McInerney I am less certain about as he is up against Lukosius and Bailey Smith... the good news is they are his only competition as he is up for a spot where only 3 players are eligible.)

Get voting people!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not entirely sold on Dawson in our fwd line. Feel like we become a bit too slow with him, reid and buddy up front. I really like him on the wing and when he sneaks/floats forward from our hb transition like v west coast.
Agreed. Best suited up the ground

They really shut down our midfield and swarmed them so that they had no time or space. This meant that when our backs got the ball and looked up, there were no Swans players to kick it to, so rather than kick it down the line and run the risk of turning it over, we would kick sideways. Usually we are pretty good at switching and have improved this year by adding the 45 degree kick into the middle, but on the weekend the saints were coached pretty well to counter that.

Yep, it was a very disciplined and impressive performance from saints. Probably their best game of the season, I wasn't expecting it from them tbh. I reckon that level of defensive discipline will be hard to achieve for other teams, especially kangas. We also had a ton of opportunities from centre clearances which our forwards didn't capitalise which will need to improve this week.

Not a lot of takeaways this next two weeks. I suspect we rest a lot over the next few. It could be good or bad, we may lose cohesion for the first final possibly with nothing to play for the next two weeks. Will only know the mental side of things at quarter time in week 1 of the finals.
I've given up on takeaways

Not a lot of takeaways this next two weeks. I suspect we rest a lot over the next few. It could be good or bad, we may lose cohesion for the first final possibly with nothing to play for the next two weeks. Will only know the mental side of things at quarter time in week 1 of the finals.

Horse has said if players are fit to play then they will play. They want that synergy of the best team playing together ahead of finals.

Playing the kids - you end up with Carlton
Resting players heading into finals - you end up with Port 2000-2003

Play the best team, keep playing with form.
agree, but do not play injured players, e.g. Rowbottom is he better rested?

agree, but do not play injured players, e.g. Rowbottom is he better rested?

From Longmire's press conference earlier in the week, it seems like Rowbottom has started to train more over recent weeks and it sounded that there was hope he'd do even more training this week. It might mean that he's becoming more ready to take on more playing time.

Plus if Mills is out, I suspect Rowbottom will be a certainty to play this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back