Unofficial Preview Sydney Swans vs Port Adelaide - Heeney's 100th game

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair enough maybe I’m just meh on farewell games. I’d rather see someone young get a game who might be better the following year having learnt from that game. 100% expect very few to agree though and that’s totally fine.

It's a round 23 dead rubber. Stoddart is clearly not ready and would gain nothing from being put through another few weeks of senior footy.

Now Pink and Amartey I think should've got their chances, they've earned it IMO, but there'd be not much point now with 2 weeks of the year to go. Might as well take a trip down memory lane and celebrate two champs of our club.

As for the two I mentioned, they won't get their chances now, but I hope their form in the reserves has convinced the club they are worth persisting with. Both could play a part next year I believe.

Fair enough maybe I’m just meh on farewell games. I’d rather see someone young get a game who might be better the following year having learnt from that game. 100% expect very few to agree though and that’s totally fine.
Not sure 1 game is going to dictate there future

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Well tell me what the point of last week was?

I’m all for a farewell game but last week spells a very mixed message. We aren’t seriously saying Jack was picked on form last week are we?
Was that an opportunity to play in front of the SCG crowd...NO!

You said Pink needed to find form before he was selected now he just gets a game?

In the last home game I’d rather see someone that may not be ready but can learn from it heading into the pre season

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
As I said I know others won’t agree- but I’d rather see a few others like Pink, etc get a game
Agree totally. A farewell game when a player is so obviously out of form/no longer able disrespects both their contribution, and the jersey IMHO.
FAR better to see them off with a lap at half time, so we can heartily thank them for their great play over many years, and not cringe at what they are doing on the last.
That said McV if fit warrants a game, as his form was solid prior to going down - and it's not a charity game by any means.

Was that an opportunity to play in front of the SCG crowd...NO!

As I said I know many won’t agree. My stance hasn’t changed, I don’t like farewell games. Some of you do that’s okay. I fully expect Jack to play that game and I’m realistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree totally. A farewell game when a player is so obviously out of form/no longer able disrespects both their contribution, and the jersey IMHO.
FAR better to see them off with a lap at half time, so we can heartily thank them for their great play over many years, and not cringe at what they are doing on the last.
That said McV if fit warrants a game, as his form was solid prior to going down - and it's not a charity game by any means.

This. Give them a lap of honour.

Kinda feel for Rose. I think he will make a heck of a SANFL player, hes better than NEAFL

Me too. I hope he gets a crack on another list and if he does he will probably do well. For whatever reason he completely dropped his bundle last week. I expect the coaches have little confidence in him and that is how he played.

Dear Sydney,
You have a gazillion Adelaide fans behind you this week.
You will win.......and stay well above Carlolton on the ladder.......giving us pick 3 not 4........and keep port well out of the top 8.
BELIEVE!!! We are Sydney!! :p
Cheers guys

I wouldn’t be relying on us...and how about you actually win a game for once?

As I said I know many won’t agree. My stance hasn’t changed, I don’t like farewell games. Some of you do that’s okay. I fully expect Jack to play that game and I’m realistic.

its a dead rubber, its a chance for the afl community to send off some warriors

id be throwing jack mcveigh , smith on crutches, grundy if he wants to unretire, heck even Tippett out for round 23

id rather wait for buddys 300th though

id like to see old stars chaired off and get a guard of honour etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back