Review Sydney Swans vs Port Adelaide Power - Adelaide Oval - Match Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty good win in the end. Port were coming back but we did what we needed to do.

We definitely got the rub of the green tonight.

If we can build a good percentage over the next two weeks and if Carlton can somehow beat Geelong and the Dawks lose to Freo and Geelong then we can afford to rest players in the last round without worrying about losing top spot.

Thought the umpiring was fairly even with some shocking calls both ways, last week we definately got the rub of the green no dispute :p

You are on your way to a flag, just not 2014

With experiences like tonight those young guns will learn

Thanks, I hope so it would make up for all the pain of 2007 - 2012. For what it's worth I couldn't stand the commentary either and turned the volume down and put on some music.

Loved Cunningham's game.

Can still improve around clearances.

Was not popular on public transport in swans colours.

Good win, but improvement for sure.

Pretty good win in the end. Port were coming back but we did what we needed to do.

We definitely got the rub of the green tonight.

If we can build a good percentage over the next two weeks and if Carlton can somehow beat Geelong and the Dawks lose to Freo and Geelong then we can afford to rest players in the last round without worrying about losing top spot.

I don't think we 'definitely' got the rub of the green.....Frees were 23-14 and we got a couple of late ones I think. Sure, Buddy should have been called, but the free on Bird was a joke and the highs that were repeatedly missed, pushes in the back, I think it evened out, regardless of the softness of McGlyns 50, it was there. I think we got stiffed on a number of occasions and some of the calls from Razor Ray...nuff said.....

Good game an love to see goodes burning off younger blokes, on a side note there was a pretty big swans contingent there, our support is shown everywhere nowadays.

Was at game and the worst thing was our I50 entries. Woeful. Hbf functioned well eith mal snd shaw sweeping up everything. Reid was playing a structural role in defense filling in the space and blocking opponents run.

Structurally we had a defensive set up and allowed them more of the clearances which werent penetrating and then smashing them on rebound. Not something I really liked to see but worked as shots were largely out wide due to this. Not ideal but could be keeping cards close to chest.

And seriously when kicking to franklin he needs to either lead or give the entry more depth for over the top.

Thought the umpiring was fairly even with some shocking calls both ways, last week we definately got the rub of the green no dispute :p

Three decisions come to mind with rub of green. McGlynns 50, Franklin non call and Franklin push in back which shouldve been holding. Asides was in Ports favour. Overall horrible night for the refs

Intense game. I think we got lucky, their goal kicking was pretty bad. Some of our guys still need to step it up

Hope Smith is OK with the late withdrawal. Missed him out there tonight. Need to work on our entries inside 50. Maybe the rain was the problem?

Intense game. I think we got lucky, their goal kicking was pretty bad. Some of our guys still need to step it up

Hope Smith is OK with the late withdrawal. Missed him out there tonight. Need to work on our entries inside 50. Maybe the rain was the problem?

Nah we just dont kick to our forwards advantage that well the problem magnifies when Tippo and Buddy don't lead.

Was at game and the worst thing was our I50 entries. Woeful. Hbf functioned well eith mal snd shaw sweeping up everything. Reid was playing a structural role in defense filling in the space and blocking opponents run.

Structurally we had a defensive set up and allowed them more of the clearances which werent penetrating and then smashing them on rebound. Not something I really liked to see but worked as shots were largely out wide due to this. Not ideal but could be keeping cards close to chest.

And seriously when kicking to franklin he needs to either lead or give the entry more depth for over the top.

Thought our in close work has another gear

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah we just dont kick to our forwards advantage that well the problem magnifies when Tippo and Buddy don't lead.
Yeah fair call. We do need to work on our forward half work to beat the other top sides imo

The best sides in the competition make you pay a heavy price when you turn the ball over, and your blokes punished our mistakes regularly tonight. I reckon you'll go deep into September, and you may well take part in the big one.

Oh: one more thing. There IS something more crooked than a Federal politician - Port's goal kicking :)

I don't think we can have Laidler playing on smalls , Neade and Boak got away from him tonight , other than that he ok
We really missed Smith on the smalls. It's the one role we don't seem to have a like for like replacement for, not that we've had a chance to test it with his run of (consecutive?) games.

Maybe Bird next time?

Lloyd seals a senior spot for sure.

The same Lloyd who every time changes for the next game come up on this board people want out of the side for a not match fit, slow Tom Mitchell. :rolleyes: Anybody can see Jake Lloyd is an important player to this side. Has the decision making and composure of a 100 game player and is still a baby.

Set up a lot of goal, good game overall
I think that was one of goodes better games this year, and he can't defend and he struggles to run out games and he always hopes the ball goes over the back when crumbling rather than going front and square.

But he was very very good tonight when he got hands to ball.

I think him agreeing to play next year is a mistake but good luck to him and I hope to be made to eat my words.

I think that was one of goodes better games this year, and he can't defend and he struggles to run out games and he always hopes the ball goes over the back when crumbling rather than going front and square.

But he was very very good tonight when he got hands to ball.

I think him agreeing to play next year is a mistake but good luck to him and I hope to be made to eat my words.

What do you mean? its official he is playing on in 2015?

How many times did he say we are the best team in the league and buddy is the best player in the league...vic media feeling threatened and trying to make an excuse of we win the flag?

Must say that whole bit of commentary was weird given the hawks position on the ladder as well as their percentage and the result match between the two sides

Must say that whole bit of commentary was weird given the hawks position on the ladder as well as their percentage and the result match between the two sides

All they were doing is trying convince the afl public that the hawks are the underdogs and give themselves something to hang their hat on if an "interstate" side wins the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back