Review Sydney Swans vs Port Adelaide Power - Adelaide Oval - Match Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really disagree regarding Shaw, thought he was one of our most composed / best users tonight. Would hardly call 19 possies coming off half back unsighted.

Re Dwayne constantly heralding us as the best team (despite sitting in second), couldn't stop thinking about Dunstall sitting next to him biting his tongue :p

Dwayne is a noob, but.
Its ok... they were winking at each other ss they were saying it so it was ok...

Was out for dinner tonight. No mobile phones on the table. Yes, we're old school. Thrilled we got the points. Just finished watching replay.

Felt that we forced Port wide all night, but still lucky they were wasteful in front. Dwayne called us a 'franchise'.. Ruddy sod off! Dwayne.:mad:

Was pleased with our pressure which I felt had dropped off a bit over the last few weeks. Happy with Hanners getting through first game. Our forward 50entries a bit frustrating. Harry & Mcglyn best for us.

We played well, but were lucky on a few calls tonight imo, final scores should have been closer.

Will need to play better to beat hawthorn/geelong/freo.

Just spoke to a mate who in between his lunatic rantings made the very astute observation that when Richards was being beaten on the lead it was after a stop play from a mark or free kick when the kicker had to kick over the mark and hit up a lead rather than quick slick ball movement to the lead which can be very hard to defend. Could be a concern going forward. Unless he is carrying something he Needs to think about his starting position and maybe start looking for front spot and leaning back on forwards with some body pressure. Having said that, as Punts continuously points out on here, we play 7 defenders so maybe our spare should be blocking the space better.

They were good kicks each time as the midfielders who we're filling the holes couldn't quite get there. But not great kicks - easiest time to hit a pass is when you are kicking with no pressure on the ball. Teddy almost always plays from behind so maybe your lunatic mate had a moment of clarity..

Spot on. It is a bad habit and was what produced his few sub par performances at the Hawks over the years. Plays his best when on his bike leading up at the kicker and swinging onto his left getting the opposition defence off the bit.

True but it is also a factor of our kicking. If you keep it in front of him he stays on the lead. The goodes kick to him is a classic example. Kick it to buddy's left and there is no body contact. Kick it straight at the lead and buddy has to push his man under the ball. Luckily he got away with that one but it will rarely happen.

Not the most attractive game but the boys got the job done. Macca and Mal did their usual good work from the backline. Mcglyn had another cracking game. Nice contribution from Cunningham. A few great plays from Goodes.

Shaw was a bit rusty and I'm having concerns with Reid after a few clangers. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt due to the conditions.

Rant though: I was in general admission so I stood directly behind the seats in front of the hill. Loads of people in same area and we weren't blocking the walkway. 10 minutes before the game, security tells us all to move. Why didn't they move people away well before game time?? Hundreds of people had to move and inconvenience others as the game started. Very, very poor!

Anyways, go swans! Should finish top 2 now (no jinx!)

One week the win will be because we were just a good side

Port were at home and threw everything at us pressure wise

I think we showed what a class side we are

So footy show going down the malceski off and sky fallint post buddy crap

Barrett is a weasel

Nathan Brown points out 3 years of 500k for a 30 year old would be stupid

Barrett lets that go
I
I love mal but no way we should match that contract

Our ball use going forward was AGAIN a little off ( yes it was wet ) but we have this million dollar forward line and rarely use them to our advantage , we hit the opposition spare man on the chest far to much and we still kick it to Tippett/Franklin when they are out numbered ( needs fixing before September ).
Still think the forward line is a little out if sink.
Credit to the coaches on the calls made on Harry and Benny at the start of the year and there new roles , add Rohan in there to.
McVeigh was very good in close with his hands and stood up in later stages in the game.
Not sold on Reids role ( back/forward/ruck ), going forward next year I think Tippett has to 2nd ruck ( if knee is right of course ) as he is actually a good ruckman.
Geez does benny want a Premiership
It looks like they are going to manage Tippett to the end of the year and just play him forward ( then maybe surgery if needed in off season ).
I know we are 2nd on the ladder but I still think our weakness could be that 3rd tall defender , if we play Hawks in the finals we might have to put Reid in defence with Hale/Roughy/Gunston/Shoe probably likely playing forward.
Thought Pyke was good and getting in some form at the right time.

Well done guys on the win last night.I thought we threw everything we could at you lot, but shot ourselves in the foot with our goal kicking and lacked the poise, polish, maturity and expierience under pressure that you lot have that comes with a culture of constant success.Good luck the rest of the year, I'd like to face you lot in a final but shall see what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One week the win will be because we were just a good side

Port were at home and threw everything at us pressure wise

I think we showed what a class side we are

I agree, the amount of comment on us being lucky, got the frees...etc etc....you know what, they played as well as they can and we were better.
what if they kicked straight? our defence put them to the sword, didn't give them anything easy, forced them wide and pressured them inot kicking earlier than they needed to, thats why they didnt bloody kick straight

I agree, the amount of comment on us being lucky, got the frees...etc etc....you know what, they played as well as they can and we were better.
what if they kicked straight? our defence put them to the sword, didn't give them anything easy, forced them wide and pressured them inot kicking earlier than they needed to, thats why they didnt bloody kick straight

Even the media, ohh port are back!

Are they? Well they got done by 4 goals so we must be a crapload better to do them at home

Goodes was very good tonight. He still shows up players he has 10 years on. Playing very good football

Goodes showing some candy and making the Port player look like a witches hat was my favourite moment of the game, I actually laughed out loud I seen it coming a mile away.. Its moments like that I savour watching the champ I enjoy his every possession.

Goodes showing some candy and making the Port player look like a witches hat was my favourite moment of the game, I actually laughed out loud I seen it coming a mile away.. Its moments like that I savour watching the champ I enjoy his every possession.
I laughed as well at that one on the wing. One of my favourite things in footy.

Goodes body is definitely restricting him but the class is always going to be there.

I laughed as well at that one on the wing. One of my favourite things in footy.

Goodes body is definitely restricting him but the class is always going to be there.
I'll be surprised if Goodesy goes around again, his knees must be just about cripplig him now, turning circl of a freighter. But classy? Yep

Look getting frees or not getting frees doesn't matter if you can't win in any circumstance then the team were just not good enough on the day. The umpires pulled out some doozies and didn't pay some obvious ones. Two of the 50 metre penalties were a joke, one to us one to them. We got called on throws all night yet Travis Boak threw the ball all night and didn't get pinned once. his technique is really good though. He uses a fist on the hand nearest the umpire, the fact the fist never hits the ball and the other hand is still moving don't matter apparently. but all in all the umpiring was ordinary and there were clangers both to, against and not given to both sides. Got one thig for Goodsie; STOP PLAYING FOR FREES EVEN IF THEY ARE THERE!!!! EMBARRASSING!!!

Look getting frees or not getting frees doesn't matter if you can't win in any circumstance then the team were just not good enough on the day. The umpires pulled out some doozies and didn't pay some obvious ones. Two of the 50 metre penalties were a joke, one to us one to them. We got called on throws all night yet Travis Boak threw the ball all night and didn't get pinned once. his technique is really good though. He uses a fist on the hand nearest the umpire, the fact the fist never hits the ball and the other hand is still moving don't matter apparently. but all in all the umpiring was ordinary and there were clangers both to, against and not given to both sides. Got one thig for Goodsie; STOP PLAYING FOR FREES EVEN IF THEY ARE THERE!!!! EMBARRASSING!!!

Noticed a even bigger diver/campaigner than Monfries on the weekend Jack Neade christ you couldn't touch him or he would drop to the ground faster than anything you have seen, got gifted 2 goals from frees right infront.

Noticed a even bigger diver/campaigner than Monfries on the weekend Jack Neade christ you couldn't touch him or he would drop to the ground faster than anything you have seen, got gifted 2 goals from frees right infront.

Yes he definitely uses the Selwood family method of milking head highs. That is probably why they are an ugly bunch. Bend the knees and drop to the ground as soon as tackled/ soon get his nose broken a few times. when it hurts so much he can't stand it he might just stop. Selwoods don't seem to feel pain as I think they might just all be brain dead LOL. I think it should not be a free as they actually are the ones initiating the high contact by bending the knees and dropping. This is a method that can cause very bad injury, broken nose, frontal lobe injur, cauliflower ear etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back