Preview Sydney Swans vs Port Adelaide Power, Rd 15, Saturday June 26 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was working in a car dealership in sydney a few years ago and sam reid came in one day and bought a brand new nissan cube with all the features. everything was fine till like a week later and he rocks up at the dealership in a taxi and is complaining about his car. said he took it to a game at the SCG during the day and after the night game tried to drive back home and nothing would happen. he said the car drove perfectly fine in day mode but did nothing in night mode. took a while to figure out what he was on about but turns out he thought D (drive) on the shifter was for day driving and N (neutral) was for night mode.

sam reid has been a thorn in your side for a long time ... nuthin but trouble

Fair enough just wish they'd be upfront and not say it's just a week or so, it's closer to a month!
Where did the Swans ever say it would be a one week injury though? Any injury list I’ve seen said he was a test. Assume he failed the test and then they will reassess. No update since then. Hopefully he’s not out for too long.

Well to be fair Horse was asked two weeks ago if Warner would be right to go after the bye and he said something along the lines of "we'll see". So he never told us anything. Same as the Rowbottom injury earlier in the year when they never actually gave us a deadline of when he'd return and we all just assumed it would happen each week. Not the club's fault us fans are presumptuous lunatics!

That is sort of the point though surely in this age you know how many weeks, the Rowbottom one was silly, it dragged on and on lol. Yes injuries can heal at different rates, but you owe it to the fans to be upfront and give them a timeframe, it is them that buy the memberships.

That is sort of the point though surely in this age you know how many weeks, the Rowbottom one was silly, it dragged on and on lol. Yes injuries can heal at different rates, but you owe it to the fans to be upfront and give them a timeframe, it is them that buy the memberships.
I'm been shocked with the recovery efforts this year. Exceeded my expectations.
Buddy included.

But if they don't know how can they give the fans a timeframe?

But if they don't know how can they give the fans a timeframe?

See I don't buy that. The old "I don't know isn't enough". If you don't know and you actually don't know, explain why. You owe it to the fans.

See I don't buy that. The old "I don't know isn't enough". If you don't know and you actually don't know, explain why. You owe it to the fans.

See I had Pneumonia in the middle of 2018, quite badly as it turned out. But when I went to my doctor he told me it might be Pneumonia but he wanted to run some X-Rays to make sure. Those came back 2 days later and he starts me on some medication and kept me off work for a week. But I don't start recovering as expected and in the end 4 weeks later and 5 sets of X-rays and blood test later I'm finally able to return to work and still not fully able to breathe as I did before.

The short story is they might know what they think it is but things can change quickly. It's not so black and white as you seem to make it and we as fans and members don't have a right to know everything.

See I had Pneumonia in the middle of 2018, quite badly as it turned out. But when I went to my doctor he told me it might be Pneumonia but he wanted to run some X-Rays to make sure. Those came back 2 days later and he starts me on some medication and kept me off work for a week. But I don't start recovering as expected and in the end 4 weeks later and 5 sets of X-rays and blood test later I'm finally able to return to work and still not fully able to breathe as I did before.

The short story is they might know what they think it is but things can change quickly. It's not so black and white as you seem to make it and we as fans and members don't have a right to know everything.

How did you get that moral out of that story?

And how do you know that Warner has pneumonia?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each to their own, I get that side of it, I do. However without members you aren't lasting long. You need to be as upfront as humanely possible. I'll just leave it at that, not going to clog up a preview thread on the game about this. My personal view is they should be a little more upfront. You are free to disagree, that's fine.

I said before how badly we've handled our 18 & 19 year olds. We have a serious issue with our player strength & conditioning if the 3 blokes that were nominated for the rising star consecutively in rounds 1, 2 & 3 will have all missed 5 to 8 weeks with stress related injuries to their legs.
It plays out badly when looking to attract young talent to our club going forward.
It's no coincidence IMO.

SA govt officially retarted.

Border to re-open Friday to greater melbourne. BUT. must get tested on arrival and self isolate till result, and are BANNED from major events including Adelaide Oval.

This makes no sense at all. Anyone from Melbourne can travel, jump onto a packed plane, trains, tram, go to a busy Woolies and to a busy cafe, but in the outside Adelaide Oval, nope. How stupid.

SA govt officially retarted.

Border to re-open Friday to greater melbourne. BUT. must get tested on arrival and self isolate till result, and are BANNED from major events including Adelaide Oval.

This makes no sense at all. Anyone from Melbourne can travel, jump onto a packed plane, trains, tram, go to a busy Woolies and to a busy cafe, but in the outside Adelaide Oval, nope. How stupid.
Opposition coaches are able to walk through the crowd at the end of quarters at Adelaide oval. However get in the change room with only the players and they would need to put on a face mask.

Some posters on here think our medical team practices are questionable. Medical experts (other than those on this board) all make curious calls.

He was touch and go to play against the hawks and they said it was gonnna come down to how he feels amd now a month on the sidelines

So maybe he just doesn't feel better yet? Let's face it he's not a key player like say Buddy, Rampe, Heeney, JPK etc. so if he's not at 100% what's the harm in just taking a conservative approach and getting him absolutely right for when he is ready to return?

Each to their own, I get that side of it, I do. However without members you aren't lasting long. You need to be as upfront as humanely possible. I'll just leave it at that, not going to clog up a preview thread on the game about this. My personal view is they should be a little more upfront. You are free to disagree, that's fine.
Why? Why do the Swans “need to be as upfront as humanely possible”? I don’t have any problem not knowing the details of a player’s ongoing injury and I honestly don’t understand why some fans think the club as any obligation to fans in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back