Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Win by 4 goals, drop five players. Our inability to have a consistent line-up all year has managed to get us into the top 8 so hey, lets not mess with a winning formula!:tongueoutv1: Although in fairness to our selection committee the In's aren't too shabby.

It was a good win last week over Carlton who pressed us all game up until that final quarter when we managed to pull away. I'd very much like us to win via a good old thrashing now & again and while most of people might say tomorrow is that opportunity it's a pause to remember they beat the Giants and are only 1 win out of the 8. We can't afford to give the Saints even a sniff, because they need this win badly - so boot to throat lads (but not in a Toby Greene way) and lets get this one done and absolutely 100% ensure we give them no hope from the opening bounce. Games like these are the ones we must win and win well! After a pasting by the media & some upset fans this the Saints have a lot to play for. They'll want to win against the Swans knowing a game against Adelaide to follow and two wins would see them into the Bye very nicely thank you very much. That's why I'm expecting them to come out with all guns blazing tomorrow afternoon.

The key to a Swans win tomorrow is pressure, pressure, pressure and we know when we bring our best pressure we win games.

Hickey returns in time to joust with Paddy Ryder in the middle, which is going to be a fascinating battle and one we need to come out on top. I'm really keen to see Amartey's work when Hickey is off the ground, Joel needs to break even here at a minimum in the middle and a couple of goals.

The midfield itself will be an interesting battle and we need to assert our supremacy to ensure our forwards have every opportunity. We can expect Parker to get some attention as they'll think they're in with a chance to win the midfield as its probably the best area in which they feel they can match us.

Heeney was on fire last week so if someone wearing a Saint's guernsey isn't following Heeney like a 2nd shadow I'd be very surprised. This spells opportunity for our other forwards such as Hayward, McLean or Wicks and we need them to take full advantage of it. Buddy will chip in as he usually does and providing we keep our eyes lowered and are smart with our inside 50 kicks we should win this battle in the forward 50.

GO BLOODS:largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largeredcircle::mwcirlce:

INS: Joel Amartey,Logan McDonald,Robbie Fox,Tom Hickey
OUTS: Callum Sinclair (Omitted),Dylan Stephens (Omitted),Hayden McLean (Omitted),Kaiden Brand (Omitted),Lewis Taylor (Medi-Sub)

1622813723114.png

Sure they have a few injuries, but I look at this St Kilda team and I feel they should be much closer to last year's 6th place team with a % of 116 than the dismal team of 2021 that have had thrashings of 75 pts (Ess), 86 (Tigers), 54 (Port) and 111 pts (Bulldogs) for a woeful % of 76%.

I still think they have the talent but you would have to question their strength of character. Too often this season they've lacked resilience and spirit.

I'm with Ticky009 that pressure is the key.
We bring enough they fold.

It was a relatively 'skinny' win (22 pts) v Carlton last week, but I thought it was overall a decent performance.
Mentioned previously we ended up dominating the stats;
disposals 362-305
marks 108-72
tackles 82-51
I50s 58-44
broke even on contested possessions 135-138, but easily won the uncontested count 222-158 (going at close to 80% disposal efficiency).

We repeat that performance and on what they've shown this year (except arguably for their game v WCE) then I doubt St Kilda will stick with us.

We had a relatively understrength team but they gave us a walloping last season for our largest losing margin of the year (53 points). Our first loss against them after 10 consecutive wins.
Be nice to reciprocate by handing them a smashing of the same order.

Early scoreboard pressure is probably one of the most important areas for this game. A handy lead will break the mentally weak Saints so we can get a comfortable win.

However in saying that, against teams like Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton to an extent, we really do play at their level for the majority of the game. We aren’t at the level yet where we can bully the opposition from the get go.

It’ll probably look similar to the Collingwood/Carlton game where our classier players pull through later in thr game.

Swans by 25

I would love to see us monster these guys. But we seem incapable of doing this. I would love to see us tear them apart. They are down on personnel and we should be able to murder them.

But they seem to thrive on adversity. They love to make a game of a game they should lose. We need to pressure these guys from the first minute.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

liking our forward line up
Buddy, Heeney and Paps - all in good form
McDonald and Amartey - extra tall marking targets
then there's Hayward and Wicks
If we can get the ball into these guys, there'll be a lot of space
Swans to kick 20 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nervous about this one for some reason. I just picture their midfield being better and Max King taking 10 marks inside 50...

Am I alone in being slightly nervous about this one? Like the Saints are due for a good performance and being away for two weeks might galvanize them?

Thankfully the geniuses at St kilda said no to Max King having goal kicking practice with Lloyd during the week. They must prefer being s**t.

Thankfully the geniuses at St kilda said no to Max King having goal kicking practice with Lloyd during the week. They must prefer being sh*t.
Surely the only possible reason for this to happen is they are planning to move him to defence!!!

But hey, lets not look a gift horse in the mouth!!!

Am I alone in being slightly nervous about this one? Like the Saints are due for a good performance and being away for two weeks might galvanize them?
I dont buy into the belief that they are "due" for a good performance. They have been going backwards since round 1. Genuinely a horrible side playing with zero confidence and their only key forward cannot kick a goal to save his life.

We win this comfortably.

Wise move. Lloyd would spend the whole lesson teaching King how to fall over to milk frees.

Exactly. Can remember him getting 3 or 4 against Leo in the first Q in 2006.

Loathed him as a player and detest him as an all time w***er commentator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back