Preview Sydney Swans vs St Kilda, Saturday August 7th 7:40 pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this game still going ahead? Can they play during lockdown in Melbourne?

Apologies if this has been answered earlier. I can’t be bothered trawling through the thread.

Is this game still going ahead? Can they play during lockdown in Melbourne?

Apologies if this has been answered earlier. I can’t be bothered trawling through the thread.

Yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Professional football is considered “essential”.

Unironically can see justification (outside of the financials).

Wearing rose tinted glasses, people need the routine of weekend sports, even if viewing. People look forward to it, subconsxious soothe as if the footy is on then everything is ok and not too bad.

May be grasping at straws but can be a psychological boost - especially right now for a lot of people.

Wearing rose tinted glasses, people need the routine of weekend sports, even if viewing. People look forward to it, subconsxious soothe as if the footy is on then everything is ok and not too bad.

May be grasping at straws but can be a psychological boost - especially right now for a lot of people.
Absolutely.

Oh so can I. It gives us something to be interested in.

The counter argument is that if you’re going to be so draconian on the general public….well…..

But I don’t want to derail the thread. I’m s**t scared of Ticky009 . She’s handy with a wooden spoon! 😳

Huge mental health boost for the population, keeps hundreds of people working (gotta look past just the players ffs) rather than effectively losing their jobs, and is not a risk to the population due to strict testing methods.

Some people are seriously sooking it up because they have to sit on their fat ass on their couch and are crying because footballers have to be shuttled from one state to the other at short notice, tested, kept away from their families, to provide them with entertainment? ******* pathetic.

Losing to both GC and Hawthorn by 40 points is insane. You could write off either one as an aberration, but both of them is just inexplicable. It seems weirder than ever now that we've shown we're one of the very best in the league.

We almost deserve to miss out on top 4 because of those 2 games. They were inexcusable performances.

Losing to both GC and Hawthorn by 40 points is insane. You could write off either one as an aberration, but both of them is just inexplicable. It seems weirder than ever now that we've shown we're one of the very best in the league.

We almost deserve to miss out on top 4 because of those 2 games. They were inexcusable performances.
Our Achilles heel those two - one for each foot :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back