Preview Sydney Swans vs St Kilda, Saturday August 7th 7:40 pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephens in for Bell. If Warner returns, do we continue to give Mcinerney opportunities at centre bounces?

Yes. JMac showed heaps. Mills and Hewett are crying out for more speed there.

Parker fwd and JGK less tog (maybe as sub to freshen him up)

Warner hopefully and Reid needs to do something
Just needs to kick better. 3 goals instead of 1.1 and a miss and suddenly he had a pretty good game

I think we need to get Stephens into the side after being sub a couple of times. But we also need to get warner into the side as well. If there IS a reserves game I'd give warner a run there and get Stephens in. Bell the obvious choice to make way.

Those calling for Reid to be replaced got a master class in why he is crucially important to our set-up.

Was able to slot back into playing the kick behind the play when needed, which slows the opposition’s ball movement as they look to go around him or shorter. That then gives us the opportunity to turn the ball over higher up the field.

Took a couple of telling marks in the last quarter and bought the ball to the ground to our advantage.

He could have 5 possession games and not kick a goal and he would be one of the first picked. His importance is to the team structure is crucial.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The players who did not play on Sunday (Amartey, Rowbottom, Stephens,...) have been mostly sitting in hotels, planes these last few weeks.
Do we play eg. Stephens for Bell just to get a game into him?

If fit Warner should come straight in. We only have a few matches left before finals start and who knows how many reserves games are actually going to get played at this point, so he needs to come in and be given the chance to get back up to speed before the pace of finals ramps up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players who did not play on Sunday (Amartey, Rowbottom, Stephens,...) have been mostly sitting in hotels, planes these last few weeks.
Do we play eg. Stephens for Bell just to get a game into him?
Stephens played in a GWS v Bris game last week, played half a scratch match + 2/3 vs Giants week before. Rowy has been playing in seniors until this week, as well as a full scratch match 2 weeks ago. Amartey has had a decent run of games, probably needed a small break. Don't think fitness is an issue.

Happy for Stephens to come in for Bell, though I'd also be ok with COR, or Warner if he can play about 70%, between mids and fwd line.

I don’t care if it’s pride round, retro round or the Humphrey B Bear appreciation round - I don’t want us to ditch the white with red V.
This is the only time I'll say it, because I imagine it will rub a few the wrong way.

I don't like introducing different colours to the jumper (even the black swan, although the black is a lot easier on the eyes). I especially find the pride colours on the jumper gaudy.
I would rather have a slogan in red and white, or something of that nature, because adding colours just feels trite for clubs atm.

Anyway, I hope it means a lot to the pride community because it'll make the eyesore more bearable if someone is encouraged by it.

Note: This opinion is purely about adding colours onto a teams jumper, nothing to do with the groups the colours represent.

This is the only time I'll say it, because I imagine it will rub a few the wrong way.

I don't like introducing different colours to the jumper (even the black swan, although the black is a lot easier on the eyes). I especially find the pride colours on the jumper gaudy.
I would rather have a slogan in red and white, or something of that nature, because adding colours just feels trite for clubs atm.

Anyway, I hope it means a lot to the pride community because it'll make the eyesore more bearable if someone is encouraged by it.

Note: This opinion is purely about adding colours onto a teams jumper, nothing to do with the groups the colours represent.

the whole thing is crap. nobody actually gives a s**t about any of these causes or groups as long as they can make a dollar off it.

the swans website shop has a whole bunch of overpriced pride merchandise you can buy, including the pride game guernsey. lets just not mention the fact its made by a company that uses sweatshop labour in asia where some people work 70-80 hour weeks for as little as 20 cents an hour.

I'd like to see Amartey in for Bell if possible. I feel like he'd help address a couple of weaknesses from Sunday - we really struggled to bring the ball to ground in the forward 50 in the first half and I think he's a much better option to chop out for Hickey in ruck, which might address some centre clearance issues.

the whole thing is crap. nobody actually gives a sh*t about any of these causes or groups as long as they can make a dollar off it.

the swans website shop has a whole bunch of overpriced pride merchandise you can buy, including the pride game guernsey. lets just not mention the fact its made by a company that uses sweatshop labour in asia where some people work 70-80 hour weeks for as little as 20 cents an hour.

I think the rainbows send a message and mean a lot to a large portion of fans so that’s a positive

But with all the guernseys causes yeah hard not be cynical that it’s a push for $$$

Maybe not nba level yet, think lebron has had about 50 different jerseys now

I think the rainbows send a message and mean a lot to a large portion of fans so that’s a positive

But with all the guernseys causes yeah hard not be cynical that it’s a push for $$$

Maybe not nba level yet, think lebron has had about 50 different jerseys now
Are we to take pride in Qatar Airways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back