Preview Sydney Swans vs St Kilda, Saturday August 7th 7:40 pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

the whole thing is crap. nobody actually gives a sh*t about any of these causes or groups as long as they can make a dollar off it.

the swans website shop has a whole bunch of overpriced pride merchandise you can buy, including the pride game guernsey. lets just not mention the fact its made by a company that uses sweatshop labour in asia where some people work 70-80 hour weeks for as little as 20 cents an hour.

this is the kind of thinking that comes from your mum locking you in the linen cupboard as a kid ...

no he hasn't.. think he's had a couple of games, the first on limited minutes - not 100% sure?
maybe Stephens gets the gig?

Still cant see what the Swans see in Bell?
Bell has the physical attributes to play the game but even in an open free flowing game like Sunday’s has just the 1 kick. Can’t find the ball enough.
I think Stephens could be called up based on the fact that he’s been playing in the reserves when able to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the whole thing is crap. nobody actually gives a sh*t about any of these causes or groups as long as they can make a dollar off it.

the swans website shop has a whole bunch of overpriced pride merchandise you can buy, including the pride game guernsey. lets just not mention the fact its made by a company that uses sweatshop labour in asia where some people work 70-80 hour weeks for as little as 20 cents an hour.
Well said

I hope we give it to Jones
Jones, Membrey & Hanners (if he plays) will be the reason the Saints win if they should because ex players always seem to elevate their effort against us.It won't get them there in the long run because the first two will go back to what they are & Hanners' body won't get up again for another good game the following week.

OK so which Saints turn up? The inept ones who leave huge defensive gaps or the ones who are switched on?

Our blokes don't even know where this will be played. Probably at Docklands. Our blokes have been under huge pressure and at a massive disadvantage having not played at home since just after the bye when we played 3 games.

I was very worried last week that we were not going to be able to come home over the Bombers because of the energy needed to maintain life on the road. I thought we looked tired in the first half. Our blokes just dig in though. I thought our pressure acts down but we proved we could win a shoot out which so called experts said we could not.

I hope we can maintain the rage and run onto September instead of limp. I think we have the most dedicated and close group in the league.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

OK so which Saints turn up? The inept ones who leave huge defensive gaps or the ones who are switched on?

Our blokes don't even know where this will be played. Probably at Docklands. Our blokes have been under huge pressure and at a massive disadvantage having not played at home since just after the bye when we played 3 games.

I was very worried last week that we were not going to be able to come home over the Bombers because of the energy needed to maintain life on the road. I thought we looked tired in the first half. Our blokes just dig in though. I thought our pressure acts down but we proved we could win a shoot out which so called experts said we could not.

I hope we can maintain the rage and run onto September instead of limp. I think we have the most dedicated and close group in the league.

Its been confirmed at Marvel for a while. Just the time changed.

Some have been saying on other forums that Bell was poor. Well I think he was poor last week. Little pressure, missed tackles and only 4 disposals. The replacement they seem to think should be Rowie. I am not sure he is at peak fitness yet after his last outing, which he had not been able to follow up. But Campbell, Amartey, McLean, Corruthers, Mcdonald, Sheather & Stephens are all ready. Warner probably needs a game or two. I also think Reid was poor again but that is par for the course. He always take 3 games to get form. I would bring Amartey back to replace Reid.

I would probably bring in McDonald for Bell. I think Logan has the agility to play any role. His pressure is really good so we lose nothing there. In fact he sticks tackles which is something James has failed to do the last two weeks.

So for me:

Out: Bell & Reid

In: Amartey & Mcdonald

Heeney is listed as Thumb & Test in the injury list just put out on AFL website. Its on the same hand he broke earlier this year.

Far out our injury list is next to negligible compared to others.

Some have been saying on other forums that Bell was poor. Well I think he was poor last week. Little pressure, missed tackles and only 4 disposals. The replacement they seem to think should be Rowie. I am not sure he is at peak fitness yet after his last outing, which he had not been able to follow up. But Campbell, Amartey, McLean, Corruthers, Mcdonald, Sheather & Stephens are all ready. Warner probably needs a game or two. I also think Reid was poor again but that is par for the course. He always take 3 games to get form. I would bring Amartey back to replace Reid.

I would probably bring in McDonald for Bell. I think Logan has the agility to play any role. His pressure is really good so we lose nothing there. In fact he sticks tackles which is something James has failed to do the last two weeks.

So for me:

Out: Bell & Reid

In: Amartey & Mcdonald

so you're acknowledging reid takes three games to find form but you'll drop him again after two ...?
why?
he's part of a winning team ... and apparently on the trajectory you say he's always on in terms of finding form after a break, not to mention he's older so he does probably take even a little longer to get right ...
he plays his role ...
amartey has shown he has a big future but reid is still a key part of our present, part of our best 22 ... to me, that would be an unnecessary change, and the way we're going, surely we only make necessary changes ...
i can see it might soon be time for bell (not best 22, although he has played his role) to make way for warner or rowbottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back