Preview Sydney Swans vs St Kilda, Saturday August 7th 7:40 pm @ Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
so you're acknowledging reid takes three games to find form but you'll drop him again after two ...?
why?
he's part of a winning team ... and apparently on the trajectory you say he's always on in terms of finding form after a break, not to mention he's older so he does probably take even a little longer to get right ...
he plays his role ...
amartey has shown he has a big future but reid is still a key part of our present, part of our best 22 ... to me, that would be an unnecessary change, and the way we're going, surely we only make necessary changes ...
i can see it might soon be time for bell (not best 22, although he has played his role) to make way for warner or rowbottom

It probably does toll for he....

Although there isn't much in the way of exposed form to replace him, it might be that that form needs to be found in the seniors.

Would be good to have Warner back but he really does need a VFL match first IMO. Not worth playing him underdone when we've seen how that turns out.

Stephens in for Bell.

Amartey in for Heeney if his hand is a problem
Might be worth it just to get some game time into him before the finals... give him low minutes and trust the team to carry him... at least then he'll be available and ready come finals... just a thought

Might be worth it just to get some game time into him before the finals... give him low minutes and trust the team to carry him... at least then he'll be available and ready come finals... just a thought
Pretty logical thought in my opinion Kirky, they bought Gulden straight back after six weeks out and he's gone okay.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Pretty logical thought in my opinion Kirky, they bought Gulden straight back after six weeks out and he's gone okay.
I think they need to structure up the way they intend to during finals. Or experiment to make that decision. Some biggies:
Two or three talls? So far it's looking like two. Plus Heeney and Hayward.
CB structure? Experimented vs Bombers. More to come?
Who needs a run just in case? Stephens, Amartey, Warner, Rowbottom, McDonald, McLean all come to mind.
Does anyone need a rest? Hickey's wife is due soon and that might work well if COVID allows).
All within the frame of wanting/needing to WIN all three games. Easy for us but plenty of headaches (good ones) for 🐴

Must not Must not Must not talk about who is carried.

Completely agree. Bring The Chad in.

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
Think Warner comes in for Bell. Even if he runs at 60% game time. Rowbottom sure did.

Not concerned in the slightest about this game. Saints have been going backwards the last few weeks. Think they have an eye on the off season. Reckon we got this by 6 goals. Time to bridge the %.

Think Warner comes in for Bell. Even if he runs at 60% game time. Rowbottom sure did.

Not concerned in the slightest about this game. Saints have been going backwards the last few weeks. Think they have an eye on the off season. Reckon we got this by 6 goals. Time to bridge the %.

Yep Warner in. JPK to be the med sub (gives him a rest, gets him one closer to the 300)

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Yep Warner in. JPK to be the med sub (gives him a rest, gets him one closer to the 300)

What is it with you and Kennedy ? Okay you are only suggesting a rest here but most of the time you put Ted’s take on Buddy to shame when it comes to Kennedy.He can frustrate me no end with his worm burner kicks at times and his plough like leg speed but what can’t be denied is influence he is still having on games especially winning close ones and his ability to hold back the tide of the opposition at stoppages. Man is a competitive beast who takes pride in his and the teams performance the likes I have not seen in many players his equal. He and Longmire will know when it is time but his performances this year is a driving force behind our young and mid range players efforts.

the hypnotoad

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
What is it with you and Kennedy ? Okay you are only suggesting a rest here but most of the time you put Ted’s take on Buddy to shame when it comes to Kennedy.He can frustrate me no end with his worm burner kicks at times and his plough like leg speed but what can’t be denied is influence he is still having on games especially winning close ones and his ability to hold back the tide of the opposition at stoppages. Man is a competitive beast who takes pride in his and the teams performance the likes I have not seen in many players his equal. He and Longmire will know when it is time but his performances this year is a driving force behind our young and mid range players efforts.

kennedy also has a knack for kicking goals at crucial times in games, just seems to be in the right place when needed ... and he rarely misses

Parky79

All Australian
Jul 9, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Sydney
Would like to see Chad or Campbell in for Bell. Although it seems like Bell plays a role the coaches love. I think he is ground/hole filler, ie he runs up and down the ground clogging up space

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Far out our injury list is next to negligible compared to others.
Dare I compare this year to 2005? From memory, in something like the last two months leading up to the finals, we only had one personnel change (Luke Vogels out for Sean Dempster in, IIRC).

And that all turned out rather pleasingly.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
How does everyone see the matchups going?

Does McCartin get King whose finally found his radar. Don't think Rampes can go with him.

Midfield matchups?
Steele, Ryder (if in) King their best recently.

And we cannot allow Higgins to have forty million shots at goal, even is his radar was off that's not always going to be the case.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
How does everyone see the matchups going?

Does McCartin get King whose finally found his radar. Don't think Rampes can go with him.

Midfield matchups?
Steele, Ryder (if in) King their best recently.

And we cannot allow Higgins to have forty million shots at goal, even is his radar was off that's not always going to be the case.
McCartin on King
Rampe on Membrey
Cunningham on Higgins
Fox on Sharman

They wont get gifted the same amount of frees this match, shouldn't be as close as the last one. It'll be won in the midfield. If we come out early we'll belt them

McCartin on King
Rampe on Membrey
Cunningham on Higgins
Fox on Sharman

They wont get gifted the same amount of frees this match, shouldn't be as close as the last one. It'll be won in the midfield. If we come out early we'll belt them

Winning or even levelling the Mids and clearances would be nice for a change.

Hope Horse has finally twigged we cannot afford to have Oppo Alphas strolling from CBs. Was delighted to see JMac given a crack and he was bloody good. Hope he gets another go if The Chad is not ready yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back