Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMU Mustangs, Matildas
After 5 wins on the trot, and a gutsy and exhilarating win against the Bombers, the Swans are the form team of the comp. And they finally got reward by jumping up to 5th on the ladder.

However, with Port hanging on against the Giants, that elusive top 4 spot remains just out of reach. So the team must keep winning ... this week against the Saints who have strung together a 3 game streak of their own (albeit losses ;) )

At one point of the season, the Saints were the darlings of the competition. A team of pace and youth who were ready to make a run toward a long awaited finals push. That dream seems a stretch now after the Blues toweled up the boys from Morrabin on Friday night.

Tonight, they sit a lowly 13th , and though still mathematically a chance, their lowly percentage and tricky run home might have them focussing on next year.

For Swans fans, 2021 must already look like a dream come true.

We've had 13 wins already, our injury list is tiny, and with 3 games left the only question is how high we'll climb.

The kids have been great, but late season form from guys like JPK, Parks, Millsy and Paps have fans of the red and white daring to imagine the impossible.

We're hitting form at the right time. And boy no amount of hardship or uncertainty seems to rock the boat. The team is a gutsy, fighting colossus.

I can't see the Saints troubling us too much,

Swans by 29.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Would be good to have Warner back but he really does need a VFL match first IMO. Not worth playing him underdone when we've seen how that turns out.

Stephens in for Bell.

Amartey in for Heeney if his hand is a problem

Agree with Stephens for Bell.

Heeney will be fine, looked like he broke a thumbnail but is touch enough to continue on.

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
After 5 wins on the trot, and a gutsy and exhilarating win against the Bombers, the Swans are the form team of the comp. And they finally got reward by jumping up to 5th on the ladder.

However, with Port hanging on against the Giants, that elusive top 4 spot remains just out of reach. So the team must keep winning ... this week against the Saints who have strung together a 3 game streak of their own (albeit losses ;) )

At one point of the season, the Saints were the darlings of the competition. A team of pace and youth who were ready to make a run toward a long awaited finals push. That dream seems a stretch now after the Blues toweled up the boys from Morrabin on Friday night.

Tonight, they sit a lowly 13th , and though still mathematically a chance, their lowly percentage and tricky run home might have them focussing on next year.

For Swans fans, 2021 must already look like a dream come true.

We've had 13 wins already, our injury list is tiny, and with 3 games left the only question is how high we'll climb.

The kids have been great, but late season form from guys like JPK, Parks and Paps have fans of the red and white daring to imagine the impossible.

We're hitting form at the right time. And boy no amount of hardship or uncertainty seems to rock the boat. The team is a gutsy, fighting colossus.

I can't see the Saints troubling us too much,

Swans by 29.

I thought the same about Essendon so lets not get to over confident.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Would be good to have Warner back but he really does need a VFL match first IMO. Not worth playing him underdone when we've seen how that turns out.

Stephens in for Bell.

Amartey in for Heeney if his hand is a problem
I'd like to see Stephens get a run and get let loose a bit to see what he can do.
Agree about Warner too, let him pick up some match fitness unless he's cherry ripe.
Is Amartey OK? He's not on the injury list but wasn't named before the game was moved. Odd.

I'd like to see Stephens get a run and get let loose a bit to see what he can do.
Agree about Warner too, let him pick up some match fitness unless he's cherry ripe.
Is Amartey OK? He's not on the injury list but wasn't named before the game was moved. Odd.

Maybe Amartey is just being managed? Young forward, probably don't wanna over-work him in case we need him for finals. One more poor showing from Reid though and I'd take Amartey.

Stephens deserves a proper go when the team is flying. He has only ever really been a part of a Swans team that has struggled to win the ball and move it well. Bell's had his turn and hasn't exactly grabbed the opportunity with both hands.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Maybe Amartey is just being managed? Young forward, probably don't wanna over-work him in case we need him for finals. One more poor showing from Reid though and I'd take Amartey.

Stephens deserves a proper go when the team is flying. He has only ever really been a part of a Swans team that has struggled to win the ball and move it well. Bell's had his turn and hasn't exactly grabbed the opportunity with both hands.
Someone (was it you?) suggested that Bell might be a good candidate as Harry's successor as a lock down on small forwards. Disciplined, hard, determined, NSW lad. Worth a thought.

Someone (was it you?) suggested that Bell might be a good candidate as Harry's successor as a lock down on small forwards. Disciplined, hard, determined, NSW lad. Worth a thought.

Definitely wasn't me KC. I don't think he is in our best 26 let alone best 22.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Not sure which Saints team is going to turn up. Seem to get smashed game before they play us, turn it around for our game only to slink off into the sunset for the rest of their draw. Could do with an easy one after today's game.

One thing though, Max King has finally found his kicking boots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Danger game?

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
Perhaps this is for another thread, but I am stoked that we're playing in the pride game and we are wearing our pride guernseys. What I'm not stoked about is having Qatar Airways on the jumper while doing it. It's a homophobic state, and beyond that - it's essentially a slave state. We need to put more pressure on the Swans to find a different sponsor tbh.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Stephens in for Bell. If Warner returns, do we continue to give Mcinerney opportunities at centre bounces?
If we make that change we will need a bit of a structure rejig. It isn't one for one. Warner is a better fit for Bell's role IMO than Stephens. Or perhaps Florent swaps in and Warner runs more in his space.
Stephens has been used more on the wing and could also push Florent into Bell's role.
Or they could restructure in ways that I can't imagine.

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
If we make that change we will need a bit of a structure rejig. It isn't one for one. Warner is a better fit for Bell's role IMO than Stephens. Or perhaps Florent swaps in and Warner runs more in his space.
Stephens has been used more on the wing and could also push Florent into Bell's role.
Or they could restructure in ways that I can't imagine.

Yep, if Warner is fit then he'll get in before Stephens. I never thought the coaches would put Jmac into the middle but they did, so who knows lol

Perhaps this is for another thread, but I am stoked that we're playing in the pride game and we are wearing our pride guernseys. What I'm not stoked about is having Qatar Airways on the jumper while doing it. It's a homophobic state, and beyond that - it's essentially a slave state. We need to put more pressure on the Swans to find a different sponsor tbh.

They have a nice airport though

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
I don’t care if it’s pride round, retro round or the Humphrey B Bear appreciation round - I don’t want us to ditch the white with red V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back