Preview Round 2, 2017: Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't lay some tackles in our forward 50 we're cooked.

I think we only managed 7 in total last week from 63 entries.

I think this is where we really missed Papley and Heeney.

Lift that pressure and we should have the talent to capitalise.

He's played his best games as that sole ruck.

It is sort of why I wouldn't mind going back to having Tippett rucking a lot of the game, only problem with that would be that Sinclair would have to play.

if cameron is fit again this week i would have tippett play 70-80% in the ruck and cameron 30-20%. if not i would include sinclair (even if he can't hold a mark at least he might bring it to ground) ahead of naismith as naismith has been poor for the last month. he was good in the second half of last year but he has had long enough to show he is back to that standard. he needs to find some confidence in the neafl.

i'd like to see hewett play more in the midfield this week. he's not quick enough to be that high pressure forward and i thought he did some good things when in the mids against port.

i'd like to see hewett play more in the midfield this week. he's not quick enough to be that high pressure forward and i thought he did some good things when in the mids against port.

Problem is he's one of the few that can sort of play forward. I agree with you, I'd rather him as a mid rotation but injuries may prevent this right now. We really miss Papley so much it isn't funny.

if cameron is fit again this week i would have tippett play 70-80% in the ruck and cameron 30-20%. if not i would include sinclair (even if he can't hold a mark at least he might bring it to ground) ahead of naismith as naismith has been poor for the last month. he was good in the second half of last year but he has had long enough to show he is back to that standard. he needs to find some confidence in the neafl.

If Cameron is fit that could be a good idea. Make Tippett responsible, it may be the thing he really needs.

Hopefully they watched Caleb Daniel fall to almost lying on the ground when the tackler was upon him against Collingwood. He picked up early frees then got pinged holding the ball later in the match when the Collingwood player didn’t go in recklessly and just sweated on him instead. They are a team well versed in playing to the rules provided by the AFL and exploiting them. It’s an ugly trait to watch but the game is so cut throat that they are only exploiting weaknesses that the game offers up. They are good at what they do and will take a smart approach to counter that.

Need to be quick to react. I predict the Swans will go out with a fierce intensity early and it may work to get the jump but if it doesn’t and they instead give away free kicks they need to adjust very quickly and play a little bit of possession footy unless in our back 50.

How do we see the ins and outs? At least Robbo is out for def.
I'd go
Robbo, Rampe and Foote out

In could be a mix of Rose, Hayward for Foote Aliir for a ramp , Heeney if available for Robbo. I'd also consider Cameron Newman depending on balance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Id like to see us shuffle players around, move Reid back at times, buddy drift around

Foote to full forward

Get Naismith and Tippett to similar spots forward, throw in Reid, just shower them in talls

Put our best kick behind the ball more than in the middle

Let the clearances go, they dont matter.

I would also suggest we just move it quick, look to handball, and just bomb high let the forwards do the rest

I'd go

In could be a mix of Rose, Hayward for Foote Aliir for a ramp , Heeney if available for Robbo. I'd also consider Cameron Newman depending on balance.

doubt Heeney is close :(

Id like to see us shuffle players around, move Reid back at times, buddy drift around

Foote to full forward

Get Naismith and Tippett to similar spots forward, throw in Reid, just shower them in talls

I would also suggest we just move it quick, look to handball, and just bomb high let the forwards do the rest
Imo The reason I think buddy goes up the ground is because he gets farking frustrated when we start loosing and ball never comes down there for a while

I like your take , hopefully it happens

Imo The reason I think buddy goes up the ground is because he gets farking frustrated when we start loosing and ball never comes down there for a while

Buddy looks around and thinks s**t better do it myself.

I'd go

We need some speed, we were turtle slow last week after being cement slow in the grand final. Edwards is a certainty for mine.

Changes:

Out- Foote (omit), Rampe (inj.), Robinson (inj.)

In: Edwards, Alir, Newman (Mills to play midfield)

Foote to full forward

Never knew Horse was on Bigfooty. Did he hack your account?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need some speed, we were turtle slow last week after being cement slow in the grand final. Edwards is a certainty for mine.

Changes:

Out- Foote (omit), Rampe (inj.), Robinson (inj.)

In: Edwards, Alir, Newman (Mills to play midfield)

pushing the ex Essendon player what a surprise :p

Seriously I'm not usually a pessimist but with the (lack of) players we have available we're 1000-1 this week. And that's probably still unders. I just want to see a dramatic lift in intensity and effort, and no more injuries. Anything else is a bonus.

pushing the ex Essendon player what a surprise :p

GWS player!

It's more that he brings something we lack- speed. Last week we looked very slow. Edwards was good in the pre season, reward form.

Can't really blame him. Still remember in the Grand final when he pushed up to the wing and kicked straight to Kennedy in the forward line. Same in the prelim. Needs to both jobs by the looks of it because no one from our midfield can find a target I50 ffs.

This will never happen but with Reid back, I'd be tempted to put Reid and Tippett in the forward line and have Buddy up the ground delivering to them at all times imo. Just to see what happens. Let's be honest our chances of winning this one are very low.

This will never happen but with Reid back, I'd be tempted to put Reid and Tippett in the forward line and have Buddy up the ground delivering to them at all times imo. Just to see what happens. Let's be honest our chances of winning this one are very low.

Not sure about this. When the ball was dry reid looked very dangerous in the air where as none of our thee forwards can overhead mark for the life of them....except maybe Cameron and Tippett when he plays perm forward.

Just hope he doesn't kick 3 in a quarter, Horse might move him out of there for some reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back