Sydney under Longmire

Remove this Banner Ad

Darn good coach. Part of a very good culture they've built at sydney. massive overachievement last year when most expected them to fall out of finals contention, so conversely overrated this year. But for some widely recognised shocking umpiring he would have two flags as he deserves. Very similar record to scott at geelong in keeping his team in contention over a long period.

Like his Geelong counterpart he inherited a great team .

Like Geelong he enjoys a very powerful home ground advantage that pretty much guarantees wins before the season starts . On grounds that are so disgracefully formatted that the outcomes could be considered perverse .
For all the recruiting advantages and AFL leg ups the swans and Horse have been a failure. And to complain about Sydney treatment by umpiring all I can say is FFS .
Time for the blowtorch to apply to Horse , the same way it was applied to Williams, Sheedy , Scott , Clarkson , bevo and is currently on Dimma .
He is abrasive and over hyped .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good side with a bad injury list

Im pretty sure if for example today Demons had to go put Angus Brayshaw on Tom Lynch, Richmond are probably going to give the Demons a ass whipping

It happens in 2023.

He has always had the best of talent at his disposal.
I mean in many ways, it's not too dissimilar to Leon Cameron and his time at GWS.

Sydney right now have an extremely talented list. Gulden, Heeney, Papley, Warner, Florent, Mills, Blakey, Rampe, you can go and on and on.
He's had arguably the greatest forward of the modern era. Not to mention quality defenders and a local academy which keeps on pumping through top-end talent.

One wonders if Alastair Clarkson was at the helm, just how many premierships would they have won by now :think:

I wouldn’t call Tippett great.

Doing a solid job rebuilding the Swans I think, last night was an aberration i thought, it happens.

Not as if there is anyone available right now that could do a better job than him anyway.

It's a bit silly (and annoying) that after one loss (admittedly a bad one) that any losing coach's future is under scrutiny here (happened last week with Vossy)

Like Geelong he enjoys a very powerful home ground advantage that pretty much guarantees wins before the season starts . On grounds that are so disgracefully formatted that the outcomes could be considered perverse .
Ah this old chestnut again. Somebody who doesn’t realise that the SCG is only negligibly shorter and narrower than the MCG, and virtually identical dimensions to the GABBA. Are those two grounds also “so disgracefully formatted that the outcomes could be considered perverse”? :$

From the SCG to Kardinia Park — do ground sizes contribute to the end result in AFL games?

Missing key forwards and backs, obviously you're not gonna go well.
Don't care who was missing. Our mob including the Coach brought disgrace not just upon themselves but upon the game of footy.

We are in the naughty corner.

You'll be fine. Great bunch of kids. That narrow shithole undoes most teams
Ta. True re the kids. Our record at the Litter Box had been pretty good.

I was expecting a heavy defeat but not our worst flogging in 25 years. There are no excuses for last night. Horse threw in the towel sending our best mid to defend a bloke 20 kg heavier. He still thinks he did the right thing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the recruiting advantages and AFL leg ups the swans and Horse have been a failure. And to complain about Sydney treatment by umpiring all I can say is FFS .
Time for the blowtorch to apply to Horse , the same way it was applied to Williams, Sheedy , Scott , Clarkson , bevo and is currently on Dimma .

Still burns does it? Diddums.....More grapes!

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back