Sydney under Longmire

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure he gets them in the finals pretty much every year, but much like Geelong from 2012-2021, a decade without a flag. Is he basically coach of Sydney for life? If from now to the end of 2032 he has another 2 grand final defeats, 6 top 4 finishes but no premiership, is he still the coach? Does he get offered another contract?
I’d probably argue he stays. Main objective for Sydney is to stay strong in a market not dominated by AFL.

Like his Geelong counterpart he inherited a great team .

Like Geelong he enjoys a very powerful home ground advantage that pretty much guarantees wins before the season starts . On grounds that are so disgracefully formatted that the outcomes could be considered perverse .
For all the recruiting advantages and AFL leg ups the swans and Horse have been a failure. And to complain about Sydney treatment by umpiring all I can say is FFS .
Time for the blowtorch to apply to Horse , the same way it was applied to Williams, Sheedy , Scott , Clarkson , bevo and is currently on Dimma .
He is abrasive and over hyped .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So on a ground that wasn’t ‘formatted’ you still won a heap of finals plus two GF?

You do realise suggesting he enjoys a huge home ground advantage applies exactly to every single club who has a home ground?

So on a ground that wasn’t ‘formatted’ you still won a heap of finals plus two GF?

You do realise suggesting he enjoys a huge home ground advantage applies exactly to every single club who has a home ground?

Apart from being I’ll informed you’re also prolific .

I said “disgracefully formatted” .

Geelong play home games at the MCg . They also play Krapdinia park as home games so gave the upper hand against a side that may have the misfortune of trekking down to that sh$thole every year .
Now go interfere somewhere else . Really , your comments are the stuff of genius .

Apart from being I’ll informed you’re also prolific .

I said “disgracefully formatted” .

Geelong play home games at the MCg . They also play Krapdinia park as home games so gave the upper hand against a side that may have the misfortune of trekking down to that sh$thole every year .
Now go interfere somewhere else . Really , your comments are the stuff of genius .

Disgracefully formatted, right. Much of a muchness in your critique. Geelong always play bigger MCG tenants at the G, plus it’s never really been an issue for opposition teams beating them come finals prior to 2022.

It’s ironic that you’re banging on about Geelong in typical Richmond sook fashion when Richmond have benefited from a full fixture of finals at the MCG in 17-18-19 and won two premierships in that period.

I think we need a down year and to find a key defender in the draft or trade period.

We won't be winning a flag with Hickey, Buddy, Rampe, Parker, Reid
That's 5 pending retirements..
And a ruckman - they were laughing at Ladhams on ’FirstCrack’

Got outcoached (again) by RTB last night .

Done a good job rebuilding the Swans list, but you get the feeling he is not going to coach them to their next flag.

Unfortunately they signed up him until the end of 2025 and seems like one of the most critic free proof coaches from the media (for reasons I have no idea, maybe because he never seems to lose his temper or lash out at any of them)

Just seems like the Swans are now in a holding pattern with Horse, which I would suggest is infuriating for their supporters.

Got outcoached (again) by RTB last night .

Done a good job rebuilding the Swans list, but you get the feeling he is not going to coach them to their next flag.

Unfortunately they signed up him until the end of 2025 and seems like one of the most critic free proof coaches from the media (for reasons I have no idea, maybe because he never seems to lose his temper or lash out at any of them)

Just seems like the Swans are now in a holding pattern with Horse, which I would suggest is infuriating for their supporters.
How’s this guy sniping other teams’ coaches. How’s crazy vossy working out for you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My problem with Longmire is he doesn't always seem to get where the Swans weaknesses are. We have been a very poor inside team for quite a number of years now, regularly getting our arses handed to us each and every week by all opposition teams, even bottom teams in that area, and yet Longmire really has not done anything about it.

The problem is that we can't win a flag with our midfield situation the way it is, and yet nothing changes.

He’s lost three grand finals.

And his 2023 closely mirrors our 2022. If they’re at the edge of finals next year then there’s no reason he shouldn’t get the same scrutiny as Bevo.

he also flamed out in other finals .

I think any coach going beyond 10 years with one group is a lot anyway. Gets stale

He’s lost three grand finals.

And his 2023 closely mirrors our 2022. If they’re at the edge of finals next year then there’s no reason he shouldn’t get the same scrutiny as Bevo.
He has made 3 GF. He has kept Sydney relevant in a non AFL state and been able to keep them competitive. I am not even going to start on the 2016 fiasco. The WB since their premature GF ‘win’ have been pretty average. Whilst I love LB approach to the clown media, he hasn’t inspired a lot with the club. There are rumours of a Bailey Smith exit. Quite telling.

He has made 3 GF. He has kept Sydney relevant in a non AFL state and been able to keep them competitive. I am not even going to start on the 2016 fiasco. The WB since their premature GF ‘win’ have been pretty average. Whilst I love LB approach to the clown media, he hasn’t inspired a lot with the club. There are rumours of a Bailey Smith exit. Quite telling.
2012, 2014, 2016, 2022.

The last three were losses.

Two of them extremely bad losses.

Now they’ve scraped into finals after a GF and he’s getting an easy run.

2012, 2014, 2016, 2022.

The last three were losses.

Two of them extremely bad losses.

Now they’ve scraped into finals after a GF and he’s getting an easy run.
I think you’ll find that sides that get smashed in a GF don’t quickly recover. They have. Every chance to beat Carlton. Longmire has a far better record than LB over a longer time.

I think you’ll find that sides that get smashed in a GF don’t quickly recover. They have. Every chance to beat Carlton. Longmire has a far better record than LB over a longer time.
What if he loses though? The result would be the same as our 2022 after a losing GF. The vultures were swooping on Bevo before the end of 2022 and they were squawking loudly by round two this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back