Preview Sydney v Essendon SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haywards done it to good effect before
Reckon sending Hayward to Martin would be a great shout. He's capable of nullifying Martin's impact on their offence and he mauling Martin in one-on-ones.

Martin got a lot footy last week but butchered it. Would be good to make sure that's the case again this week, especially with Redman out.

We will see what we missed out on tomorrow night in Ben McKay. I think no key position back warrants over a million a year and hopefully this will be confirmed. Related to this, Barrass was very underwhelming last week and certainly doesn't look to be worth what we were offering. In contrast, Melican is killing it, working seamlessly with the whole defensive unit. Defence is very much about the group as a whole not just the individual contests.

Last edited:
We will see what we missed out on tomorrow night in Ben McKay. I think no key position back warrants over a million a year and hopefully this will be confirmed. Related to this, Barrass was very underwhelming last week and certainly doesn't look to be worth what we were offering. In contrast, Melican is killing it, working seamlessly with the whole defensive unit. Defence is very much about the group as a whole the individual.

He did look good last week against the Hawks b-grade forward line.

Maybe he too is an inbreed, which would explain his level of comfort in his new surroundings.

Reckon sending Hayward to Martin would be a great shout. He's capable of nullifying Martin's impact on their offence and he mauling Martin in one-on-ones.

Martin got a lot footy last week but butchered it. Would be good to make sure that's the case again this week, especially with Redman out.

we seem to be stuck on playing Martin off HB though rather than the wing, and with our backline decimated dont see that changing this week.

he isn't getting up the ground near enough as he does when he plays a true wing role so dunno if he needs a nullifying role played on him is worth it. Hayward is probably the match up but Hayward would probably just need to make martin accountable defensively., if he does that that then we will likely win the matchup.

We will see what we missed out on tomorrow night in Ben McKay. I think no key position back warrants over a million a year and hopefully this will be confirmed. Related to this, Barrass was very underwhelming last week and certainly doesn't look to be worth what we were offering. In contrast, Melican is killing it, working seamlessly with the whole defensive unit. Defence is very much about the group as a whole not just the individual contests.
It's hard to look good when you're working with the Eagles midfield

Bring the pressure & hardness from the 2 previous matches & we'll win comfortably. Only tag the bombers players if they're damaging with the footy. I hope wicks gets a full game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop Perkins. He was very good v Hawthorn last week and delivered from the centre to the forwards very well.

The Dons Board has some very amusing posters.

Don’t know the following poster but this cracked me up

First time I have been confident Buddy won't kick a bag against us.

The only thing stopping us from smashing them should be complacency or not kicking straight in front of goal.
Swans need to make a statement and win this by 40.

legit should spank em. if we lose then a massive issue of complacency or injuries

Huge opportunity for our key forwards tomorrow. I suspect McKay will take McLean and that will leave Amartey and McDonald playing on undersized defenders.

I suspect Heeney will wreak havoc every time he goes forward too. They don't have a suitable match-up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back