Game Day Sydney V Fremantle match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This year the Swans players seems to have hearts of peas.
Think I prefer spending less time on here to be honest, makes supporting more enjoyable. Sick of reading s**t like this about our players and club. Maybe I ignore the bad performances too much but some of the comments about the players this year have been pathetic. As supporters we got to witness the rare experiencing of a premiership last year because of the hard work of these so called clowns/pea hearts but seems that was easily forgotten for many.

Don't mean to single you out RUNVS but just a general feel about the board this year which I'm hating. Maybe I'm overreacting.

The O'Keefe thing..I do not know what it was????!!!!!....changed everything.....disgusting to fall apart after that....Dockers did not seem to have to even waste much effort after that...pathetic....

Freo kicked 4.3 to 0.0 to finish the game. You just can't let your opponent get on a run like that. Each of those behinds was a chance to regroup and work the ball up the ground maintaining possession. It's pretty basic stuff. I am not a fan of kicking it long and hoping.

Think I prefer spending less time on here to be honest, makes supporting more enjoyable. Sick of reading s**t like this about our players and club. Maybe I ignore the bad performances too much but some of the comments about the players this year have been pathetic. As supporters we got to witness the rare experiencing of a premiership last year because of the hard work of these so called clowns/pea hearts but seems that was easily forgotten for many.

Don't mean to single you out RUNVS but just a general feel about the board this year which I'm hating. Maybe I'm overreacting.

I think people expectations might be to high or perhaps its a feeling of we will just resume where we left off :)

Made it clear the clowns comment was pure frustration. On the whole I would be one of the more supportive posters when it comes to giving the players a go. Match day brings out the worst most of us.

There is a real issue with our ability to fight. That was crap, really poor efforts when we needed to stand up and just seem content this year no hunger. Also... ban Roos from commentating on our games.. he is a deadset moz...really demoralising that one...

Don't mean to single you out RUNVS but just a general feel about the board this year which I'm hating.

all match threads are like this. look at every single website or forum on bigfooty. people's passion always gets ahead of themselves. its not unreasonable to expect that small percentage of persons who actually bother to create internet profiles to be a somewhat crazy subset of the fan base and probably mostly reside at the more psychotic end.

i dont think our players are any different to what they were last year. but i do think we have some serious problems and
more relevantly, i think we are playing really poorly. its got nothing to do with their hearts but there has been a lack of skills all season and we really are getting repeatedly beaten in the midfield - so i dont know whether we can do much more than hope we improve. as well know we more or less won the flag last year without a forward line.

finally for those of you who will watch this game after you return from the scg - i wouldnt be against paul roos shutting up about the swans work rate. the reality was that freo worked just as hard last night, had more scoring shots, more forward entries and we got the rub of the green on the frees. we worked hard but we worked hard because we missed so many targets so often.

Great post.

It's a place to vent more than celebrate. You should know by now that this forum is not the place to be after a loss.

Best off going away and watching the DVD. I always watch the PF 2005 last quarter highlights.

On tonight, we did give up a good lead but in the end (if Carlton beat Port) we will be sitting 4th on the ladder after 8 rounds. Offer me that at the start of any year and I would take it.

Chin up and don't read the BS because that's all it is.

Sam Reid actually...
Is it the same Spud Reid who turned the game into a draw after his no idea kick out off the back line to no body.

Wasn't happy about Tippet but hopefully for our forward line shows Sam how to go about., what a s**t loss , yes a draw i know but we lost it.

Is it the same Spud Reid who turned the game into a draw after his no idea kick out off the back line to no body.

Wasn't happy about Tippet but hopefully for our forward line shows Sam how to go about., what a s**t loss , yes a draw i know but we lost it.

I's amazing how often the player who makes the mistake get bagged on here rather than the player who never had the ball in the first place for spectating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You get that after dropping a game you should have won. Supporting a team is an emotional experience.

I agree some take it too far with their finger pointing but when you lose/draw when you should have won see's plenty of emotion out, particularly before you sleep it off.

Hi, guys, great game. Thought you had us all wrapped up and tied with a bow. You were a lot more accurate when you got the ball and made things count when you kicked. Really relieved we managed to claw our way back and steal at least 2 points off.

All the best to your guys for the rest of the season. Good luck, and fingers crossed, we'll see you guys again deep in September! :thumbsu:

I's amazing how often the player who makes the mistake get bagged on here rather than the player who never had the ball in the first place for spectating.

Well he had the chance to kill the game by opening up his eyes and look around , that my friend was our game costing moment in my opinion, and by the way forgetting how s**t he has played so far this year , very soft..

Also thought you guys were brilliant tonight. Played how we did last week against Collingwood. I thought our team was good defensively but you guys truly have our number in that area, and in clearances. We were lucky to scrape the draw... might end up being a fight between the two of us to make the top 4 at the end of the year!

Well he had the chance to kill the game by opening up his eyes and look around , that my friend was our game costing moment in my opinion, and by the way forgetting how s**t he has played so far this year , very soft..

He floated the kick that was meant for Goodes. But there should have been a pack not a one player. Walsh should have been there for the tall and the sub Bird for the fall of the ball. The skill error it was but there were decision errors made as well in that play.

I thought it was the entire team shutting down for the last 10 or so minutes and allowing freo back in.

Freo's poor kicking covered up the real issue here. We weren't in the game as much as everyone thought. They missed some seriously kickable goals in the first which would have had us 5 goals down at Q time. much like against the Hawks.

We just kicked straighter this time. We were very lucky to get close is my true feelings about tonights game. We should be grateful for 2 points.

He floated the kick that was meant for Goodes. But there should have been a pack not a one player. Walsh should have been there for the tall and the sub Bird for the fall of the ball. The skill error it was but there were decision errors made as well in that play.

Going to bed now,don't make excuses was a bomb to nobody , not swans style , take a few seconds look around and kick it to somebody on the run to space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back