Unofficial Preview Sydney V StKilda unofficial preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Ticky. Surely you can tell why a round 23 game in which are eliminated from finals is less important than the first game of round 1.
And if he’s injured in round 1 he will miss football. Obvious.

If he’s injured here, which everyone seems to be panicking about like headless chooks, he’ll miss no football. Or, he could have a shorter pre season and may miss the start of the season. Just like he’d have done if he injured himself in round 1.
Again, no different.

If he’s injured here, which everyone seems to be panicking about like headless chooks, he’ll miss no football. Or, he could have a shorter pre season and may miss the start of the season. Just like he’d have done if he injured himself in round 1.
Again, no different.

If he can’t do a pre season it’s a massive difference

How could you miss this game?

Buddy’s 300th
Aliir’s 50th
K Jack - last game
J McVeigh - retirement/ last game
N Smith - retirement
Hanners- returning home to say goodbye to the boyz
Pride game

Last edited:

[

Again, no different.

But round 1 matters. This game does not. It's about risk vs reward.

Again, he's done 2 hammys this year, has never done a preseason with us because of injuries or surgeries, is going to be 33 in January, is our most important player and has 3 years left on his contract where he is making over 1 million each season. All those things considered I'd be extra conservative every chance I get. Even if it's a 1% chance he gets banged up to me that's not worth the risk. As Horse has said for a month we're all about planning for 2020. To me this decision flys in the face of that. This seems like a purely fiscal/marketing decision.

Sorry if I acted like a headless chook! I'm excited to see him play

I think there's a degree of risk in not giving him a run. Imagine if he didn't play a competitive game of footy til round one next year. That would mean about 9 months without playing a match. That wouldn't be ideal for a big fella, and there'd be just as much risk, if not more, of him re-injuring after that lengthy a lay-off as opposed to 8 weeks.
Hahaha...that is probably the most stupid thing you’ve ever written!

[

But round 1 matters. This game does not. It's about risk vs reward.

Again, he's done 2 hammys this year, has never done a preseason with us because of injuries or surgeries, is going to be 33 in January, is our most important player and has 3 years left on his contract where he is making over 1 million each season. All those things considered I'd be extra conservative every chance I get. Even if it's a 1% chance he gets banged up to me that's not worth the risk. As Horse has said for a month we're all about planning for 2020. To me this decision flys in the face of that. This seems like a purely fiscal/marketing decision.

Sorry if I acted like a headless chook! I'm excited to see him play
Oh please, he’s paid to play football! And this game does matter. I’m sure it matters to him to play his 300th in front of his home crowd, he also gets to run out with long time adversaries and teammates to celebrate their final games in the red and white...it ******* matters!

Pros for Bud playing:
300th game at home rather than away.
Farewell game for a bunch of players
More learning experience for the younger players to play alongside him.
We pay him a lot of money to play football, not to protect him so he can play football some other time.

Reasons not to play him:
Some people on Big footy worry he might get hurt.

He's fit. He should play.

Don't care about Jones. IMO if he stays he becomes a 18-28th player on the list.

Would not select him for the last game.

In: McVeigh, Franklin, AOR (any old ruckman)
Out: Ronke, Melican, Clarke
AFL injury list has Zac out for the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Harley has already said we aren't getting home game round 1 next year. fu** the AFL are campaigners
It’s the SCG Trust and Cricket Australia actually. CA have called dibs on the ground and Trust have rolled over like a 6 week old puppy.

It’s the SCG Trust and Cricket Australia actually. CA have called dibs on the ground and Trust have rolled over like a 6 week old puppy.

Well they do have rights to the ground, sort of in the name of it.

Does it matter if our round 1 game is away anyway?

Well they do have rights to the ground, sort of in the name of it.

Does it matter if our round 1 game is away anyway?

Be nice to have the option actually imo

While I am a ridiculously passionite Swans fan I can certainly see why cricket takes priority at that time of the year.

The AFL has more options whereas the cricket often doesn't really IMO.

Not to mention the significance of the seasons where "finals" & closing a season would usually take precedence over the opening of a long season.

And it is the Sydney Cricket Ground after all right?

Oh please, he’s paid to play football!

Yep, for three more years, on over 1 million a year, as a 33, 34 and 35 year old!

I’m sure it matters to him to play his 300th in front of his home crowd, he also gets to run out with long time adversaries and teammates to celebrate their final games in the red and white...it ******* matters!

Thats great. I'm sure it will be of great sentimental value to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back