Unofficial Preview Sydney V StKilda unofficial preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta forward plan

We must generate more revenue than cricket for the SCG

Good luck with that, as it is I'm hoping they don't agree to the stupid drop in pitch idea there. Love both sports. Don't see why they can't co-exist.

Good luck with that, as it is I'm hoping they don't agree to the stupid drop in pitch idea there. Love both sports. Don't see why they can't co-exist.

They do already

Exactly so not playing at home week 1 falls into the "meh, we'll play at home week 2 or 3, it's hardly the end of the world"

Glad you and the Board have it sorted

While I am a ridiculously passionite Swans fan I can certainly see why cricket takes priority at that time of the year.

The AFL has more options whereas the cricket often doesn't really IMO.

Not to mention the significance of the seasons where "finals" & closing a season would usually take precedence over the opening of a long season.

And it is the Sydney Cricket Ground after all right?
Comes down to the dollar for the SCG trust.
During this years cricket season the SCG will be handed over to U2 for two nights because they can sell +45K tickets both nights.

Cricket takes priority during the summer but it also can be bumped in favour of the dollar.

On a serious note Aliir needs to play defence this week.

Sir Dane will give Membrey a bath, but they still have Bruce up forward, and I could see him getting on top of Melican. There will need to be some flexibility down back, and that's limited if Aliir's rucking. We could afford the whole Aliir-out-of-defence thing against the useless Dees and their useless forward line, but Saints are a level up.

McLean should play!

Exactly so not playing at home week 1 falls into the "meh, we'll play at home week 2 or 3, it's hardly the end of the world"

The only references that I’ve seen to the Round 1 game relate to the almost certain opportunistic AFL putting us on the MCG in Round One vs Hawthorn so the ‘heart of football’ can celebrate our players 300th.

* em. They’ll be doing everything they can to have Buddy play against the Saints to ruin that plan that would absolutely occur. As others have mentioned, Tom even alluded to it on the weekend.

Pretty sure everyone understands and accepts why we normally don’t get a home game in Round One.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tempted by buddys actual size guernsey?

the wool one with 23 is stupid

Just silly to have two sets of merchandise on sale in the same week, taking away from each other a bit there methinks (and the pride merch will lose out every time against a legend's 300th merch, which is a shame as some of the Rainbow Swans stuff is pretty cool too.)

Just silly to have two sets of merchandise on sale in the same week, taking away from each other a bit there methinks (and the pride merch will lose out every time against a legend's 300th merch, which is a shame as some of the Rainbow Swans stuff is pretty cool too.)

a lot dont like the pride game anyway judging by comments

If the bib game still exists, Swans instagram would suggest it’s Bell, Clarke and Rowbottom out for Buddy, McVeigh and ?

It wouldn’t surprise me if they dropped Rowbottom back for the week so he qualifies for NEAFL finals. Gives him another game or more for the year and under finals like pressure (at a lower level of course).

It wouldn’t surprise me if they dropped Rowbottom back for the week so he qualifies for NEAFL finals. Gives him another game or more for the year and under finals like pressure (at a lower level of course).

Not saying I’d be for that but if that is the case I hope it’s McLean coming in. Aliir’s stellar performance against the Dees didn’t do anything to deter me from the ‘Aliir must be in defence’ stance.

Would be a bit harsh on the kid though as he’s earned his spot in our final 22 for the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back