Unofficial Preview Sydney V StKilda unofficial preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying I’d be for that but if that is the case I hope it’s McLean coming in. Aliir’s stellar performance against the Dees didn’t do anything to deter me from the ‘Aliir must be in defence’ stance.

Would be a bit harsh on the kid though as he’s earned his spot in our final 22 for the year

It would seem harsh on face value. But I am pretty sure they would have a chat with him about the reasons. Wouldn’t be bad for his development. Even let him captain the twos!

so I've settled on a compromise. Go to work, but avoid the game, wait till i get home for a few bevvies to toast the boys. Although, to start drinking at 1 am seems a little sad, however! I shall anyway.

This is my regular existence.

Champion Data: "Sydney’s average losing margin this season of 19 points is the lowest ever for a team to lose 14 matches"

So it's official - we are the best 15th placed team of all time! (I probably didn't need this stat to know that)

Small victories folks :)

Champion Data: "Sydney’s average losing margin this season of 19 points is the lowest ever for a team to lose 14 matches"

Yeah made a lot of games a dull slog

Might win more if we took more risks and just lose bigger when we lose

But oh well

Yeah made a lot of games a dull slog

Might win more if we took more risks and just lose bigger when we lose

But oh well

Oh cmon Kingy you can't be pushing this angle again! You really don't think we've played riskier, attacking footy this year? That's probably half of the problem. Our young team hasn't been fit enough or skilled enough to do it for long enough yet! If we'd slowed it down and made things a slog as you seem to think we have, then I reckon we would've won more games, but less would've been gained.

Oh cmon Kingy you can't be pushing this angle again! You really don't think we've played riskier, attacking footy this year? That's probably half of the problem. Our young team hasn't been fit enough or skilled enough to do it for long enough yet! If we'd slowed it down and made things a slog as you seem to think we have, then I reckon we would've won more games, but less would've been gained.

Not pushing anything

Heat map from last week and say v Brisbane at the gabba

Nothing changed

Not pushing anything

Heat map from last week and say v Brisbane at the gabba

Nothing changed

To hell with the heat map, you really don't think we've been playing faster, bolder footy?

I'll admit Horse is like a defence addict who is in recovery and prone to relapses where he tries to protect matches we haven't yet won.

But to me it's clear as day we're trying to be different this year. The Brisbane match at the Gabba you bring up. You don't remember the second quarter where we piled on the goals and were right up with the team that's now second on the ladder? We just couldn't maintain that run and blistering footy. That's not by choice, we just don't have the fitness or the skill to keep it up for four quarters every week atm.

To hell with the heat map, you really don't think we've been playing faster, bolder footy?

I'll admit Horse is like a defence addict who is in recovery and prone to relapses where he tries to protect matches we haven't yet won.

But to me it's clear as day we're trying to be different this year. The Brisbane match at the Gabba you bring up. You don't remember the second quarter where we piled on the goals and were right up with the team that's now second on the ladder? We just couldn't maintain that run and blistering footy. That's not by choice, we just don't have the fitness or the skill to keep it up for four quarters every week atm.

Yeah bugger the stats when it suits :p
No I think longmires trying to teach them defence first and rightly so in all honesty

Dees basically got out of the way and we still pissed around at times

The Gabba we didn’t look like we gave a * mostly

We play to minimise the loss a lot and I am not even knocking it in the cold hard light of day

We have been pretty dull to watch this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah bugger the stats when it suits :p
No I think longmires trying to teach them defence first and rightly so in all honesty

Dees basically got out of the way and we still pi**ed around at times

The Gabba we didn’t look like we gave a fu** mostly

We play to minimise the loss a lot and I am not even knocking it in the cold hard light of day

We have been pretty dull to watch this year

Well we may have to agree to disagree on this one. I've loved our intent this year (minus a few occasions) and part of what's been so difficult to watch is knowing our boys haven't been able to get the reward for that intent because they're just not there yet as players.

I still reckon part of the issue is the older group. If I had to name top 5 blokes in our team who piss around with it and do headless chook things that achieve nothing, three of them would be 25 and older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back