Preview Sydney v the Tigers (Dusty’s homecoming*)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more the case that there's others who have done more, or will do more, like Rowy and Campbell to come back in, and we've named an unexpected debutant. Plus in my case, I think an extra defender in Fox will help us more than having Hayward in.

I'd also argue that Will doesn't seem to do a lot lately, except bob up for a couple of goals that someone else could also do. It's also worth thinking about who, other than Buddy and Heeney, that he's been competing with. Papley who has missed most games? Wicks, Ronke who have been in and out? McLean? Who is he actually competing with and beating in the goal tally?
Another Rohan maybe , so much talent

Ruck stats from July 2021;

View attachment 1409341

As I said at the time "I know lots of caveats...number of contests attended, who he was up against etc, but nonetheless he's keeping decent company in those lists."

Hardly the output of a "s**t ruck".

And I said in my review of last week's reserves game that I thought Reid was our best fwd (at the time I did mention his poor set shots).
Nonetheless I stick by my assessment, better in the air, better bringing the ball into F50 and better pressure.
I also said of Amartey (who had 5 HOs, Reid did not go into the ruck) "Amartey had short spells in the 2nd and 4th qtrs in the ruck and he has an excellent vertical leap, but his bodywork needs a lot of work."

So yep I'm happy to stick with Reid over Amartey with Hickey out.
Im a fan (or at least a defender) of Reid, but also a big fan of Amartey. Prob would of preferred Amartey for this game.
Would've liked to have seen Amarteys form be rewarded. Also would like to see him be developed in the seniors.

Was it a case of swapping experience (Hickey) for experience(Reid) ?? If Ladhams (inexperienced) was out, would've A Amartey (inexperienced) come in??
Would've been a tight call for the selectors

It would be so horse to play Roberts as a small defender

He's definitely in as a midfielder IMO. Last week we were one mid down already and that was with JPK in the team.

Horse must see him as the best mid of the VFL bunch.

Edit: Although JPK was in the team, it was mostly as a half-back, so maybe Roberts won't be guaranteed mid.

Last edited:
Im a fan (or at least a defender) of Reid, but also a big fan of Amartey. Prob would of preferred Amartey for this game.
Would've liked to have seen Amarteys form be rewarded. Also would like to see him be developed in the seniors.

Was it a case of swapping experience (Hickey) for experience(Reid) ?? If Ladhams (inexperienced) was out, would've A Amartey (inexperienced) come in??
Would've been a tight call for the selectors
I think the selectors went for the tried and trusted option in Reid.
In our last two competitive games at reserves level (Rds 7 & 9) Amartey barely rucked and Reid in rd 9 not at all (he didn't play rd 7).
Rd 7 Hickey, McAndrew and Sinclair shared the load, RD 9 McAndrew & Sinclair.

Judging by the ressies we are prioritising McAndrew as our development ruck and Amartey has been earmarked as a fwd.
If it was Buddy or Logan out I think we'd have gone Amartey, but that the selectors prefer Reid as a second ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back