Unofficial Preview Sydney Versus Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There would be no greater way to start our 2020 campaign than with Buddy's 300th!

Yeah would be fantastic. Round 1 Franklin fully fit after a full preseason kicking 5 or 6 to start the new season with a win and giving us some confidence to kick off what everybody hopes will be a big improvement on this Year.

At the MCG vs Hawks, no doubt....

I’d rather it were at the SCG ideally, vs Hawks if necessary. That is unlikely to happen in Round One with the SCG often delayed, plus the AFL will have time to put an appropriate FIXture together.

(Not saying that is a reason to play him, just saying)

At least Roughead wouldn't be there to rub salt in to the wound as he usually does.

I'll stop arguing about Rose after this post, but I do genuinely believe most people have skewed opinions of him on here because of our ridiculous treatment on him.

2016: He looked super solid. Like I said, averaging 15 disposals and 6.5 tackles, then has one bad game and is dropped. Fair enough. We were a Premiership contender that year.
2017: Brought back when we were at our worst against Carlton. We're beaten and he's scapegoated and dropped and not seen again for over a year.
2018: Brought back for one game against Richmond. Wasn't great. Dropped again.
2019: Puts in a good month, then gets dropped after one (arguably) below average game where he still managed a goal and was strong in his defensive efforts in forward 50. Gets brought back one month later, gets 56% TOG and dropped after one game.

The reality is when Rose has gotten an extended crack, he actually looks like he can be a handy player for us. But unfortunately all too often he gets dropped after one bad performance, or gets brought in and scapegoated when the team is in a vulnerable state. Unfortunately some here simply refuse to recognise that reality and will write him off before he gets a fair crack. Really just annoys me when people come to a conclusion about a player and it's not exactly substantiated by fact.

Sorry mate but You are flogging a dead horse not that I don't agree he should have been given the opportunity of a consistent string of games this year to prove his case. Can't remember the game this Year at the SCG where he had played a fair game across half forward to be given the last quarter and a bit on ball where he was quite impressive around stoppages and got his hands on the ball first numerous times. The position he has been played in the majority of Senior games is not known as starvation corner for nothing.

I’d rather it were at the SCG ideally, vs Hawks if necessary. That is unlikely to happen in Round One with the SCG often delayed, plus the AFL will have time to put an appropriate FIXture together.

Ugh do we have to play Hawthorn at all next year?

Melbourne have been competitive for 20 odd minutes a quarter

They know exactly how to tank

They will not be giving up pick 2 , they drop this a north

I think we might smash them and go for end of season momentum

We’ve only opened at the SCG 5 times in the last 20 years and prior to 16 and 17 seasons you have to go back to 05. Homebush deal dragged us out there a lot at the beginning of the year for a few seasons. But we must be due a game at the SCG to start the season.

Last edited:
Melbourne have been competitive for 20 odd minutes a quarter

They know exactly how to tank

They will not be giving up pick 2 , they drop this a north

Even if they win this week- North will beat them comfortably, they are a much better side than Melbourne this year

Geezus even James Rose’s NEAFL form is inconsistent! In a year when so many have been out injured you need, at 23yo, to be more than solid.

Robbo and Towers were more solid. Rose won himself an extension on the back of the NEAFL Grand Final. Fair play to him. But he hasn’t taken the next step. In a year where that next step was available to him and vital to the club. Even with an extension he goes back to about 27 or 28 on the list by the start of next season. Then what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are going to have a serious forward line we need to introduce Amarty into the line up. He will give the Melbourne backs all kinds of trouble with his height and athleticism. If we insist on McCartin back then he needs to come in.

I would be a bit in favour of bringing in Cody Hirst too.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we are going to have a serious forward line we need to introduce Amarty into the line up. He will give the Melbourne backs all kinds of trouble with his height and athleticism. If we insist on McCartin back then he needs to come in.

Rubbish, been on the rookie list for 2 years...already overtaken by McLean. Will not make it in the AFL and only a big fish in a little pond.

Rubbish, been on the rookie list for 2 years...already overtaken by McLean. Will not make it in the AFL and only a big fish in a little pond.

The last three weeks have shown he has talent and aggression. Think he should get an extension. Don't know if he will make it or not, but the Club's investment is starting to pay off with an improved run of form - forward, back and pinch hitting in the ruck.

The last three weeks have shown he has talent and aggression. Think he should get an extension. Don't know if he will make it or not, but the Club's investment is starting to pay off with an improved run of form - forward, back and pinch hitting in the ruck.
C’mon, Rose dominates and doesn’t get a gig...a bit of reality please!

C’mon, Rose dominates and doesn’t get a gig...a bit of reality please!

Yeah... and KJ doesn't. I think Rose is a different and sadder case.

Amartey is steadily improving and is a KPP development project.

I like Amartey and Hirst and hope they both get another run next year. McLean needs help from either Grassy or Amartey, neither of whom seem ready (maybe next year) Hirst would get smashed in the seniors! His strength is he's quick, but senior footy is much quicker than NEAFL.

We’ve only opened at the SCG 5 times in the last 20 years and prior to 16 and 17 seasons you have to go back to 05. Homebush deal dragged us out there a lot at the beginning of the year for a few seasons. But we must be due a game at the SCG to start the season.
Won't be next year ground won't be ready, there's an ODI in mid March.

Rose is a spud. He's been lingering around for 5 years and now he starting to smell. He also has lots of those little white root things growing out of him.

Amarty is still raw, like one of those green potatoes. We're just waiting for him to ripen Mick.

It's like saying my potatoe bake has been in the oven for 5 mins and it's not cooked yet. Throw it out and start again.

menw2PSZ2vUzu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back