Unofficial Preview Sydney Versus Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.
North scored 14 points the other day.

FOURTEEN.

... and yes I'm still laughing. The Quinella of Norf 1-8-14 and Dopers conceding 21 goals in a row was extraordinary.

This pisses me off. If it was a Shield Final, Hell, even a Shield match, then ok.

But a meaningless bloody 3 match ODI series against New Zealand? Play it at ******* Dubbo.
Yep, its bloody ridiculous and I can't see us having a home game for at least the first four rounds, the centre will be like concrete. Because of this I hope Buddy plays round 23 - celebrate his 300th before the game, tributes to the retirees after the game.
I'd hate to see Buddy's 300th played away from home.

... and yes I'm still laughing. The Quinella of Norf 1-8-14 and Dopers conceding 21 goals in a row was extraordinary.
Puts it into perspective for me too.

I see the melts about how "bad" we are and how posters can't wait for the season to end because we are so bad etc etc

... Then look at lol.norf

... see how bad Melbourne are after having a list "in the window"

... admire the fact we haven't completely capitulated like Essendon

... thank the footy gods we got moved to Sydney & not the Gold Coast

We are doing pretty good IMO.

I see the melts about how "bad" we are and how posters can't wait for the season to end because we are so bad etc etc

Aside from the bolded bit making a couple of my ulcers explode (and meh, they need to know who is boss), this is a great post.

This is not the worst of our seasons by a long chalk. We have the possibility of our kids delivering two wins on the trot to finish on a (natural) high.

I really feel for Shaw who has copped the Norfies.

I feel nothing but derision for the Dopers, a team always after a quick fix... oh wait! I actually do not want Jo D as I think he may have been infected by the evil that is synonymous with that mob.

As for Melbourne, that Club is still cursed by its decision to sack Norm Smith, the greatest coach in Aussie Rules history. Despite Roosy's sterling efforts, this Club only has a short term future imbued with ignominy.

So as long as we aren’t the worst it’s all good ?

One bad year is not that bad.

This year’s been good as a Swans fan to see how this team and staff used to success has responded to the challenges of being a losing side. They haven’t always got it right but they can absolutely hold their heads up.

It’s also been a sad year filled with quite a number of performances where just a few little things we didn’t get right cost us about five extra wins.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
We'd all love to be premiers year in, year out. With a system that is supposedly designed to have teams go up and down the ladder, we have played finals on a regular basis. I don't want us to be a bottom 4 side but I also don't think it's the end of the world either. We've lost games without getting belted with a makeshift and very youthful side.

I've still enjoyed this season because I love watching footy and I love watching the Swans most of all. I've enjoyed being a contender in years past and I'm now enjoying watching the small victories in each game when one of the youngsters does something good.

We'd all love to be premiers year in, year out. With a system that is supposedly designed to have teams go up and down the ladder, we have played finals on a regular basis. I don't want us to be a bottom 4 side but I also don't think it's the end of the world either. We've lost games without getting belted with a makeshift and very youthful side.

I've still enjoyed this season because I love watching footy and I love watching the Swans most of all. I've enjoyed being a contender in years past and I'm now enjoying watching the small victories in each game when one of the youngsters does something good.

I didnt disagree with GTG point

Yes thank god we arent those clubs

we are a good club

Id like to see us strive to continually be the best club, which I think we are

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Aside from the bolded bit making a couple of my ulcers explode (and meh, they need to know who is boss), this is a great post.

This is not the worst of our seasons by a long chalk. We have the possibility of our kids delivering two wins on the trot to finish on a (natural) high.

I really feel for Shaw who has copped the Norfies.

I feel nothing but derision for the Dopers, a team always after a quick fix... oh wait! I actually do not want Jo D as I think he may have been infected by the evil that is synonymous with that mob.

As for Melbourne, that Club is still cursed by its decision to sack Norm Smith, the greatest coach in Aussie Rules history. Despite Roosy's sterling efforts, this Club only has a short term future imbued with ignominy.

Jesus loves you mate.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
I didnt disagree with GTG point

Yes thank god we arent those clubs

we are a good club

Id like to see us strive to continually be the best club, which I think we are
Agree. Don't want to accept mediocrity. Don't want to end up a Melbourne or a Carlton. We're at the bottom of the wheel right now but it can turn pretty quick with the right moves.

Watched Horse's presser after the Port game and he didn't look like a man who accepts losses lightly. He did look like a bloke who knew what he had in front of him to work with.

We've got some quality youth but we'll need to be very active in the trade period.

Agree. Don't want to accept mediocrity. Don't want to end up a Melbourne or a Carlton. We're at the bottom of the wheel right now but it can turn pretty quick with the right moves.

Watched Horse's presser after the Port game and he didn't look like a man who accepts losses lightly. He did look like a bloke who knew what he had in front of him to work with.

We've got some quality youth but we'll need to be very active in the trade period.

Theres also a difference in club mindset and fan mindset

we should be happy we arent say Essendon

The club doesnt need to think that way though

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Theres also a difference in club mindset and fan mindset

we should be happy we arent say Essendon

The club doesnt need to think that way though
The club has been saying for decades that they can't afford to be uncompetitive in the Sydney market. There's a heap of competition from other codes and now GWS where Gil is apparently their list manager.

Pretty amazing that the club has broken the membership record in a year that we've crashed and burned so there's that.

To get back on topic, I hope the kids get a big win against Melbourne on the big stage of Friday Night Football. They deserve it after going unrewarded for some big efforts the past few months. Bugger the draft position.

This.

As a youngster I went to every game in the year when our two wins were against the Roys. I'd also get their early, like heaps of other Bloods fans, all of us watching the Ressies looking for promise, a potential star. I count that as one of my happiest years following our mob. The bits of joy, the hints of better times, cheering Bobby and the two wins.

Jesus loves you mate.

You are just a naughty, naughty, naughty boy BfB.

"Religion is the opiate of the masses" as a certain caustic German 19thC activist once observed.

It may be a case of a few steps back, 10 steps forward.
I'm hoping anyway.

Wow, an inversion of the famous V I Lenin tract.

medic... medic... medic ... help required for B52.

Nice cast mate... just not sure what you are fishing for really?? That isn't what I said at all. In my opinion, things aren't nearly as bad as some seem to believe it is. I still enjoy watching us & the development of the kids &, while I understand some of the negativity, I personally feel positive with where we are at... particularly in comparison to other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back