Unofficial Preview Sydney Versus Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone done ant calculations on how much we need to lose by to drop below Melbourne?

He doesn’t think anyone else is ready to play seniors?

There's 2 games to go though. What do we have to lose by giving a few guys a go, whether that be Amartey, Stoddart, whatever. All for playing Jack next week (I guess)...this week just seems overkill

There's 2 games to go though. What do we have to lose by giving a few guys a go, whether that be Amartey, Stoddart, whatever. All for playing Jack next week (I guess)...this week just seems overkill
You serious?
Jack DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT, play the position Amartey or Stoddart play.
He is a two way runner who plays a defensive stopping role & gets forward, though not as well as he used to but still miles better than Stoddart would at this point.

You serious?
Jack DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT, play the position Amartey or Stoddart play.
He is a two way runner who plays a defensive stopping role & gets forward, though not as well as he used to but still miles better than Stoddart would at this point.

He’s a two way runner this year? That’s generous. Play Rose then. Or give someone else a go there. It’s the last two games, try something rather than doing what has failed over and over again this season

He’s a two way runner this year? That’s generous. Play Rose then. Or give someone else a go there. It’s the last two games, try something rather than doing what has failed over and over again this season

I have said this before and I’ll say it again. Maybe the priority here is the “junior” player who’s development will be better served in the NEAFL.

KJ was the one change??? I simply do not get Horse's thinking.
Come on mate. Time to wake up and see the forest for the trees.

Jorse is picking the best side he can to get him the best side he can build in 2021/2022.

If that means pIcking a ruckless team against the best ruck in the comp, and also naming a cooked ex captain to have an MCG victory lap, then so be it.

I wonder if there are salary cap considerations?

Jack would be on a fixed amount I would think? The likes of Amartey, Wicks potentially Stoddart and Rose may be on base pay plus match payments? Given we are likely already paying Bell, McLean etc over and above match payments, I wonder if it is a consideration.

I have said this before and I’ll say it again. Maybe the priority here is the “junior” player who’s development will be better served in the NEAFL.
Exactly. What is a completely raw ruck going to learn from going up against Gawn in a debut he's nowhere near ready for.

I wonder if there are salary cap considerations?

Jack would be on a fixed amount I would think? The likes of Amartey, Wicks potentially Stoddart and Rose may be on base pay plus match payments? Given we are likely already paying Bell, McLean etc over and above match payments, I wonder if it is a consideration.
Id doubt it. only bashing that on the fact that we tried to trade Langdon or Moore last year and failed, so we should have that extra cash at least

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id doubt it. only bashing that on the fact that we tried to trade Langdon or Moore last year and failed, so we should have that extra cash at least

This is true, however, if you’re under the salary cap for a year, you can overspend the following year (or something like that). If we did have targets in mind, this could be a consideration.

Play Rose then.
You mean the Rose who against GWS dropped a chest mark just about in front of goal under NO pressure what so ever, or the Rose that kicked into the man on the mark going for a relatively easy shot for goal.

I'll take a slowed down Jack every day of the week thanks, but by all means, you can take 'Mr Might do this/Might do that"!

Someone said they saw Armatey at the airport but no McLean.
That could make sense.. Similar players (ie.. tall developing KP players and 2nd rucks), McLeans had a crack, give Amartey one, we've nothing to lose

Melbourne have a very, very small line-up in. They don't have one conventional tall forward in. Their forward line will be some mixture of Jake Melksham, Christian Petracca, Bayley Fritsch, Jordan Lewis (probably on Jake Lloyd), Charlie Spargo, Alex Neal-Bullen, the debutant Kade Chandler, and Jay Kennedy-Harris as far as I can see.

Would love to see Amartey get a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back