Preview Sydney Vs A Relevant Football Club (They host Fencing Victoria)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd have Parker replace Wicks forward, then have JPK replace Parker in the mids.
I'm not too caught up with JPK and where they play him.

I like a Dynamic setup fwd where the defence really struggles with multiple match-ups.

I'm not too caught up with JPK and where they play him.

I like a Dynamic setup fwd where the defence really struggles with multiple match-ups.

It's probably been easy to not be overly fussed about how we use JPK. In each of the first few games we've had a few walk-up starters in our best 22 missing, so JPK hasn't quite stuck out like the sore thumb that he might just be. But the cavalry is returning and we are going to have to really start asking the question about whether we can actually fit JPK in this team.

FWIW I think JPK is a better mid than Parker and Parker is a better forward than JPK (and Wicks on current form.) That move just seems so obvious and it's frustrating that Horse won't do it, presumably because of JPK's age.

I liked JPK's game against the cats.

However the swans had far better field position during the game.

It was so pressured and stagnated vs the Dogs. Was hard to make anything of game plan.

I liked JPK's game against the cats.

However the swans had far better field position during the game.

It was so pressured and stagnated vs the Dogs. Was hard to make anything of game plan.

True re game plan. We were outcoached IMO. JPK still stunk it up.

Bewdy! Go back to what demonstrably has not worked for years.
Both of those things work though. Parker undoubtedly good up forward. JPK in the mids. As long as the rest of the mid mix contains some dynamism and better ball use (i.e. not having JPK and Parker in there together), it can work.

For me it's temporary though. Once Paps is back, Wicks back in form, less of a need for someone like Parker up forward, can push JPK out of the mids again and we'll discuss his spot.

I'll state first that I like Sam Reid, I think he's had to push through significant injury worries in his career, and been incredibly valuable on many occasions. In form, he's almost unstoppable at contested marking. He displayed some great form earlier last season, and if he was just coming back from injury from that, I'd say bring him in! But he's not. He came back last year and looked completely out of sorts. He still seems that way from pre-season and ressies, dropping easier marks, still shanking shots. He'll give greater ground pressure than say McLean or Amartey, so that's the reason I can think of on a possibly wet day. Personally, I'd have just played Amartey to backup Pete, dropped McLean, then had one of Heeney or Parker up front at all times for the pressure, and keeping some aerial marking ability.

I hope his (Reid's) form suddenly changes and his career ends well, which is possible, but those arguing it's a deserved selection seem to be doing so from distant memories and dreams.
Sounded like a bake was on the way!!

I was an advocate for Wicks but I just want him out. Absolute liability atm and there’s so much better talent that could be doing his job better.
He’s had 4 cracks at it and been poor 4 times.
Not a fan of Wicks 2022. Seems to be down on confidence and not attacking the ball quite like last years version.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like I'm the only one ok with backing in Wicks for another week. Pressure forward is one of the hardest positions to play with any consistency. If he has another poor showing I think he'll have to make way for Papley though

I didn't have a great feeling when I read the original thread title. I'm glad it was changed. A bit more clever and lighthearted now.

It's probably been easy to not be overly fussed about how we use JPK. In each of the first few games we've had a few walk-up starters in our best 22 missing, so JPK hasn't quite stuck out like the sore thumb that he might just be. But the cavalry is returning and we are going to have to really start asking the question about whether we can actually fit JPK in this team.

FWIW I think JPK is a better mid than Parker and Parker is a better forward than JPK (and Wicks on current form.) That move just seems so obvious and it's frustrating that Horse won't do it, presumably because of JPK's age.

That's fine around congested ball ups, but in centre clearances JPK can't be that guy anymore. He just can't

I feel like I'm the only one ok with backing in Wicks for another week. Pressure forward is one of the hardest positions to play with any consistency. If he has another poor showing I think he'll have to make way for Papley though
Hasn't he been top 3 for tackles in each game? I'd suggest that keeps him in the team for now. Though for sure he hasn't hit form in other facets. That can turn quickly though if he snaps two goals in a game and gets his confidence up.

That's fine around congested ball ups, but in centre clearances JPK can't be that guy anymore. He just can't

Why not? I thought he was more than capable last year. He was bloody effective.

Or alternatively: is he going to be different to Mills & Parker, or worse than Florent & Rowbottom on their current form?

Why not? I thought he was more than capable last year. He was bloody effective.

Or alternatively: is he going to be different to Mills & Parker, or worse than Florent & Rowbottom on their current form?

The bloke is dire in transition.

The bloke is dire in transition.
Mills, Parker, some of our other mids not exactly polished either.

And there's an argument to be made if we actually win more in the middle, we may not need to transition as much.

Anyway, Horse will use JPK as he sees fit. He's fallible, so it might just be at half back.

Watching Warriors v NQL.

Brenton Speed is calling . Seamlessly.

Tomorrow he'll do the swans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back