Preview Sydney Vs Booingwood - 24th of May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good changes. But can't see us winning this unless Collingwood have a really poor night and we pile on the pressure. Grundy is in ridiculous form and their midfield bats far deeper than ours. Could potentially get ugly.

Good changes. But can't see us winning this unless Collingwood have a really poor night and we pile on the pressure. Grundy is in ridiculous form and their midfield bats far deeper than ours. Could potentially get ugly.
Disagree. They have some pretty crucial outs. Collingwood still start favourites but I don't think they will blow us out of the water. Quietly hopeful for a win actually.

I didn't say he was rushed back, I said I hoped he wasn't. Big difference.

And let's not pretend like I'd be wrong to think we aren't above playing Buddy when not 100%. "20 minutes" anyone?

The question still stands. Why would he be rushed back?
How is coming back from a 2 week injury after 5 weeks 'rushing back'?

Last edited:
Longmire if you are reading this, and I know you are, play Hewett as our number 1 midfielder. Kennedy can play as number 2, and I think Kennedy would be thankful for a bit of relief in that area.
Hewett was named before Kennedy in the lineup. Wish granted.

So i'm guessing Clarke will get a run with Steele
Hewett will get a soft run with Treloar I reckon.
JPK with pendles.

Disagree. They have some pretty crucial outs. Collingwood still start favourites but I don't think they will blow us out of the water. Quietly hopeful for a win actually.

They are in the premiership zone. That's the zone where it seems like no matter who takes the field for them, they seem to come in and do a role and do it well. Richmond had it, and still have it, and Geelong have it this year. They have a core midfield group that is more experienced and in better form than ours, with led by Treloar, Crisp, Sidebottom, the most dominant big man in the game, and the best pure midfielder of the last decade. They will win the midfield battle easily, and if you win that, the game is on your terms from there on out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on what? He's not going to be roaming the ground like he was in his prime but he could be a hell of a weapon for us still as more of a stay at home full forward.
Based on age
Injuries
Pre seasons
Surgery’s

The look of his mobility at the start of the year

He isn’t as young as people think and is a kpp

They are in the premiership zone. That's the zone where it seems like no matter who takes the field for them, they seem to come in and do a role and do it well. Richmond had it, and still have it, and Geelong have it this year. They have a core midfield group that is more experienced and in better form than ours, with led by Treloar, Crisp, Sidebottom, the most dominant big man in the game, and the best pure midfielder of the last decade. They will win the midfield battle easily, and if you win that, the game is on your terms from there on out.
Well let's not bother taking the field then. Seems pointless.

Based on age
Injuries
Pre seasons
Surgery’s

The look of his mobility at the start of the year

He isn’t as young as people think and is a kpp
Agreed but doesn't equal retirement. To me that means adapting.

On every basis that's what
When menzel gets a game i expect him to play 67% forward (thanks King), second ruck, and down back when Horse says so. Maybe a bit of time on the wing for good keeping.

Based on what? He's not going to be roaming the ground like he was in his prime but he could be a hell of a weapon for us still as more of a stay at home full forward.

I think the problem with Bud being a stay at home forward is that he can't mark. He's always relied on mobility and roaming around to win his own balls and score from them. When that mobility and capacity to roam is restricted, what's left of him? Guess we'll see in coming years. I think he's still got a lot left to give but I also never subscribed to the "Buddy is an athletic freak so will play til he's 35" hype.

Be surprised if he last another 12 months
Ive got a similar vibe, bit like Greg inglis in the NRL. Hope we're both very wrong btw

I think the problem with Bud being a stay at home forward is that he can't mark. He's always relied on mobility and roaming around to win his own balls and score from them. When that mobility and capacity to roam is restricted, what's left of him? Guess we'll see in coming years. I think he's still got a lot left to give but I also never subscribed to the "Buddy is an athletic freak so will play til he's 35" hype.

The only thing that will stop Buddy from playing until he is 40 is injury. He will still have the same athletic prowess he has always had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back