• 7+

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you see happening? We should beat Sydney if we are on target to win a final. Could be a close one though i reckon.
I'm interested to see the trajectory of Blakey's development and I fear the running power of him and Heeney, so I think we need to shadow the pair of them closely. Redman and Ambrose respectively on those two. Saad to Papley, Hurley to McCartin.

The same issue will persist for us as last year, though; need for defensive pressure through the middle of the ground. No Buddy means a diminished marking capacity, so high pressure on their mids kicking inside 50 will be really important to allow us to collect and rebound. No McKenna hurts us as far as running the ball out, but Ridley and Francis are both excellent kicks so hopefully that works. I actually wouldn't mind seeing McGrath rotate through HB. He can run the ball out and cuts really creative angles running and handballing when he does. If Saad locks down on Papley, a player like McGrath going through HB might take them by surprise; they'll be expecting him further up the ground.

In our forward 50, a lot will depend on what we do. I'd love to see McKernan, Stewart and Hooker there to take advantage of Cutler's long range. We could start to look like 2017 again. Two different midfields though. I'd like to see Phillips. TBell will turn drunken master flat out against Aliir. Our on-ballers need to break even. I think Shiel, Merrett and Parish can cut them up.

Sydney are probably better than I think they are. I don't like them much at all, but there's noone I think is really smug and dislikeable. I'd really like to beat them comprehensively.

I'm interested to see the trajectory of Blakey's development and I fear the running power of him and Heeney, so I think we need to shadow the pair of them closely. Redman and Ambrose respectively on those two. Saad to Papley, Hurley to McCartin.

The same issue will persist for us as last year, though; need for defensive pressure through the middle of the ground. No Buddy means a diminished marking capacity, so high pressure on their mids kicking inside 50 will be really important to allow us to collect and rebound. No McKenna hurts us as far as running the ball out, but Ridley and Francis are both excellent kicks so hopefully that works. I actually wouldn't mind seeing McGrath rotate through HB. He can run the ball out and cuts really creative angles running and handballing when he does. If Saad locks down on Papley, a player like McGrath going through HB might take them by surprise; they'll be expecting him further up the ground.

In our forward 50, a lot will depend on what we do. I'd love to see McKernan, Stewart and Hooker there to take advantage of Cutler's long range. We could start to look like 2017 again. Two different midfields though. I'd like to see Phillips. TBell will turn drunken master flat out against Aliir. Our on-ballers need to break even. I think Shiel, Merrett and Parish can cut them up.

Sydney are probably better than I think they are. I don't like them much at all, but there's noone I think is really smug and dislikeable. I'd really like to beat them comprehensively.
They play Naismith as their first ruck. And IF there's a 5 or 6 player bench I can see both playing a genuine 2nd ruck

I'm looking forward to seeing the teams. Dylan Stephens is pretty skinny but they may play him anyway. I was surprised to read the mixed feedback on his selection on the Swans boards. I think he's exactly what you want from a pick 5 mid. Great citizen, top end speed looks very good and his disposal also looks excellent (plus he's happy to go when it's his turn).

In reference to T-Bell, if by drunken sailor you mean 's**t' then i will struggle to watch that (like my mate who leaves the scene every time Hooker takes a set shot - every time)

Anything less than a solid win in the midfield battle will be less than convincing by us IMO. In part because Sydney are behind us in their push and have just taken 3 pure mids in their last draft accordingly.

As for the rest i'm looking forward to the contest as it should be pretty even.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing the teams. Dylan Stephens is pretty skinny but they may play him anyway. I was surprised to read the mixed feedback on his selection on the Swans boards. I think he's exactly what you want from a pick 5 mid. Great citizen, top end speed looks very good and his disposal also looks excellent (plus he's happy to go when it's his turn).

In reference to T-Bell, if by drunken sailor you mean 's**t' then i will struggle to watch that (like my mate who leaves the scene every time Hooker takes a set shot - every time)

Anything less than a solid win in the midfield battle will be less than convincing by us IMO. In part because Sydney are behind us in their push and have just taken 3 pure mids in their last draft accordingly.

As for the rest i'm looking forward to the contest as it should be pretty even.
I'm just not confident he has the stamina to get around the ground anymore. When the lactic acid kicks in he looks like he can barely keep up, let alone jump at the ball.

I'm just not confident he has the stamina to get around the ground anymore. When the lactic acid kicks in he looks like he can barely keep up, let alone jump at the ball.
Tired Tommy. It's been that way for years IMO. It reminds me of my daily 4k run so I guess at least its relatable

Last edited:
I'd sooner see Phillips and McKernan than either of those and Bellchambers. I think Bellchambers is done.
Bellcho is still better than Phillips.

Well, time will tell.
I think the thing is, Bellchambers got selected ahead of Phillips despite the differences in the amount of pre-season they both completed and our obvious lack of tall options where they could have legitimately selected both. Given the fact Bellchambers has been fit (injury wise) for the past 2 months as far as we know, what makes you think they'd backtrack on this selection, especially given the fact he'll have actual ruck support this game instead of Kyle Langford?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back