Game Day Sydney vs Geelong, 3:35pm Sun 20 September @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't mean they haven't played with flair and challenged most teams all season. Just means they haven't scored highly themselves.

Flair doesn't mean a thing when you consistently get beaten comfortably.
We aren't sitting 8th, we could end the year the highest scoring team in the comp and one of the least scored against while they are about bottom 4/5 for both.
They are trash and their position reflects that.

Gazza is back, playing his last handful of games.

So throw away your doubts, shuffle off your fears and open your hearts to the joy of seeing the GOAT.

For the end is near and it will last forever.
Ablett Snr isn't making a comeback.
My gig with Usher is running deep so I’m gonna be sporadic as best during this one.. pisses me off.. but I’ll get to watch what I can.
Go Catters
You're at the movies during a Geelong game. Wow.

Flair doesn't mean a thing when you consistently get beaten comfortably.
We aren't sitting 8th, we could end the year the highest scoring team in the comp and one of the least scored against while they are about bottom 4/5 for both.
They are trash and their position reflects that.

Mmm, I guess that's looking at it in a much more polarizing way to me. Each to their own, but they're not going to be as easy as you think

Perfect day in Melbourne
The type of weather that makes me really wish we could go to the footy
Must admit I may have jumped onto YouTube and watched the national anthem and ensuing roar from a final just to remind myself of what we’re missing out on at the minute... the trip up the highway for a big MCG final is being missed.

Ditto what i've seen a few others post for what I'd like to see today
- Signs that Gaz and Joel will shore up the team structure and add some grunt and class
- Jack Steven to be given a role to play and do it well, with the players around him he doesn't have to star or take players on
- Something either way with Esava to show he will be a part of the finals series or not, a middling game won't prove much
- Forward line structure working as well as it has in some of our bigger wins
- No injuries
- A win!

Hahaha you guy's just wish you could walk out the door lol
223-18-Fist-Shaking-Tantrum-Gif.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha you guy's just wish you could walk out the door lol
That's the benefit of living in regional Vic - getting the same good weather but can go outside

Though I'm happy sitting inside and watching the footy

The team looks great on paper. I’m concerned about Selwood + Ablett’s match fitness, if they’re a bit rusty. Ablett last played in Rd7 + Selwood has had knee issues since Rd12. The run will do them good.

Perhaps, there’s not need for concern?

I’m probably less concerned about Gaz, as he’s been training at KP with Mackie. Their sessions included running 14km, as he would in a game. Gaz watched Cats’ vision + studied the game style. He kept in touch with coaches, receiving information from Enright, which he + Mackie considered. His gym work, strength + conditioning, was tailored to ensure he maintained condition. Physio focused on this too. Gaz also spent time with former Hawk, Roughead.

Not much information about Selwood. Well, he’s the consummate professional + his leadership is so valuable.

Steven, upped his training loads this week + as a result, impressed enough to be selected.

Great to see Rohan return, our forward line clicks with him. His speed is an asset + would love him to kick a few goals.

Really feel for Fogarty, who’s played well.

Any late changes?

The team looks great on paper. I’m concerned about Selwood + Ablett’s match fitness, if they’re a bit rusty. Ablett last played in Rd7 + Selwood has had knee issues since Rd12. The run will do them good.

Perhaps, there’s not need for concern?

I’m probably less concerned about Gaz, as he’s been training at KP with Mackie. Their sessions included running 14km, as he would in a game. Gaz watched Cats’ vision + studied the game style. He kept in touch with coaches, receiving information from Enright, which he + Mackie considered. His gym work, strength + conditioning, was tailored to ensure he maintained condition. Physio focused on this too. Gaz also spent time with former Hawk, Roughead.

Not much information about Selwood. Well, he’s the consummate professional + his leadership is so valuable.

Steven, upped his training loads this week + as a result, impressed enough to be selected.

Great to see Rohan return, our forward line clicks with him. His speed is an asset + would love him to kick a few goals.

Really feel for Fogarty, who’s played well.

Any late changes?

Hoping for a funky goal rich combination between your boy Miers and my boy Rohan the Red.

I really don’t understand Jack Steven playing ahead of Narkle. Narkle is quick, strong, creative, very good defensively and has speed - easily in our best 22. Stevens is being picked on reputation. Horrible selection imo.

Good luck to Gaz Jr today, hope he slots in just nicely.

Can't have been an easy few weeks and then quarantine
let alone having your Dad airing his hallucinations through the week.

Go get 'em GOAT!
The Boyz must put in their best performance today + the next Finals weeks. this is our Gaz’s last chance for a Premiership!

1600577759974.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back