Game Day Sydney vs Geelong, 3:35pm Sun 20 September @ Metricon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simples

Win and we are top 4 and double chance

Lose and it’s an elimination final.
We are at closest to our strongest line up in months.
This is not a rehearsal for a final - this is our first final.

Swans would love nothing more than wrack our party and they will try.

Get it doneGeelong.
Go Catters

To be honest my main worry about this game is that it will be Fool's Gold. We win well and the players and coaching team think all is ok.

I'm not convinced by Sav (one good quarter all year, and that against a side easing off), not convinced by Steven (been ok at times, but there are more dynamic options), not convinced by playing both Taylor and Henderson (age is catching up, and having two of them in the side is asking for trouble), not convinced by playing Blicavs on the wing (our best defender not playing in defense? Still can't work this out why this is a permanent change, just hope that the coaches are flexible enough to swing him back if needed).

Anyway, first things first, just win, no injuries, no reports (I am looking at you Hawkins!) and on to finals.

Simples

Win and we are top 4 and double chance

Lose and it’s an elimination final.
We are at closest to our strongest line up in months.
This is not a rehearsal for a final - this is our first final.

Swans would love nothing more than wrack our party and they will try.

Get it doneGeelong.
Go Catters
This! Our intensity has to be ramped up

To be honest my main worry about this game is that it will be Fool's Gold. We win well and the players and coaching team think all is ok.

I'm not convinced by Sav (one good quarter all year, and that against a side easing off), not convinced by Steven (been ok at times, but there are more dynamic options), not convinced by playing both Taylor and Henderson (age is catching up, and having two of them in the side is asking for trouble), not convinced by playing Blicavs on the wing (our best defender not playing in defense? Still can't work this out why this is a permanent change, just hope that the coaches are flexible enough to swing him back if needed).

Anyway, first things first, just win, no injuries, no reports (I am looking at you Hawkins!) and on to finals.

In regards to the bolded, pretty sure Tom Stewart has played in defence all season...

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi everyone, just a quick question, why has Jack Steven played so few games this year? I am obviously aware of the incident before the season started but curious as to why he has only played eight games in 2020.

Munich

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
BVB, LVP
Hi everyone, just a quick question, why has Jack Steven played so few games this year? I am obviously aware of the incident before the season started but curious as to why he has only played eight games in 2020.

Because he's unfit and hasn't been great.

Want to see a 4 quarter effort - something that we really haven't seen since the Adelaide game (maybe not our best game but we were required to put in across 4 quarters)

- against the Dogs we decided to not come out until after quarter time
- started extremely well against the Bombers but seemed to cruise during the second half
- and well last week against the Tigers, it was s**t and what we don't want a repeat of

We need to start well and continue that throughout the match

And, regardless of the score at 3/4 time, I want to see the team playing the last quarter as they want to be playing the first quarter of our first final - get into a good habit now and play the style of football that we will be playing come finals

I like the ins. The forwards look more dangerous than close & Atkins and should get into dangerous positions despite the swans getting numbers back. Rohan, hawk, Ablett, danger (some time) esava & Steven bursting through. Awesome on paper & hope the synergy is there today.
Lower the eyes and choose the best option.
Rip this game apart by half time cats!

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
I like the ins. The forwards look more dangerous than close & Atkins and should get into dangerous positions despite the swans getting numbers back. Rohan, hawk, Ablett, danger (some time) esava & Steven bursting through. Awesome on paper & hope the synergy is there today.
Lower the eyes and choose the best option.
Rip this game apart by half time cats!
They won't be able to keep numbers back if we implement our wave attack gameplan properly, they'll have to come forward to us.

What I would like to see.
1. Lowering the eyes. Not too Tommy conscious. Best option please. Gaz will help.
2. Forward pressure . Gang tackling all over the ground.
3. Esava gets angry and clunks a few.
4. Paddy stints up forward creating chaos.
5. Cats brand with quick movement when the opportunity presents.
6. Jack Steven looking dangerous and ripping it up.
7. Taylor & Hendo looking agile.
Go cats! Bust this open!

I want to see us treat this game like a final. Play the style and structure we'll use in finals. No tricks, no trialling players in new positions and no playing Dangerfield up forward for large chunks of the game. Settle our forwardline, defence and midfield now and prepare for life without Stanley.

Full throttle.

I still think we are too top heavy
I would have liked to have seen Koldjashnij dropped for maybe Clark and leave him out. We need run from the backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back