Autopsy Sydney vs Geelong. PRELIM

Remove this Banner Ad

My biggest fear last night wasn't anyone in blue and white hoops, but Papley taking someone's eye out with his enthusiastic celebrations. There's a big wind up and follow through on his high fives and tens, and just the smallest slip could end in disaster.

Such an amazing team effort. Looks like Marsh and Laidler are the most vulnerable. They played their roles, but our potential ins are better. Our midfield depth is amazeballs, especially when you compare to Dangerwood. As good as they are, you'd take our boys any day of the week.

Just a thought about the inside 50 count in the end. We had scored more than their final score before they stated to dominate that statistic.

Huge kudos to our defence who weathered the storm.
Yeah it was largely down to the way we played the last quarter. Horse put massive numbers behind the ball and Geelong had no answer for it given they were already having massive issues going inside 50.

It was smart play. Held our lead, took the intensity out of the contest and allowed us to slow the game down and rest up.

My biggest fear last night wasn't anyone in blue and white hoops, but Papley taking someone's eye out with his enthusiastic celebrations. There's a big wind up and follow through on his high fives and tens, and just the smallest slip could end in disaster.

Haha. I'm sure horse will sit down with him and review the tapes of his celebrations during the week. Possibly bring in a coach to help with his technique.

Finally had a chance to watch the replay which reinforced a few things for me ...

The future is very bright, while not all were stupendously good our young kids did not look of place and have stood up to the pressure of finals footy - I think the stage is set for Heeney to show us just how good he is on the biggest stage of all this week! You heard it first, throw a couple of your hard earned on him as a smokey for Norm Smith.

Nick Smith is back to his All-Australian form just when we need him most.

We look so frightening when we bring that ferocious attack at the football and have an even spread across the midfield who all impact the game. CATS showed that you can have 2 absolute guns get nearly 40 touches each but no real damaging impact on the game because the gulf to the next group is enormous.

I reas somewhere Zac had 15 rebounds from 50 which is a League high total apparently. Amazing effort.
Even more amazing when you factor in the fact he was playing on the wing until Aliir got injured.

Can some one help me out the free kick given to Geelong player and he kicked the ball and Rohan cut off , kicking the goal.
I have watched the replay and still cannot work out what the free was for .

Can some one help me out the free kick given to Geelong player and he kicked the ball and Rohan cut off , kicking the goal.

It was a strict interpretation of The Pity Rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed that! after the Stanley goal wonder who Horse was telling to f off.

I actually thought he upset about that and then saw himself on the camera (Tv/screen) and said something to the effects of get the ******* camera off me.

I think one of the footy shows or post match highlighted it?

Could be wrong.

I noticed that! after the Stanley goal wonder who Horse was telling to f off.
I actually thought he upset about that and then saw himself on the camera (Tv/screen) and said something to the effects of get the ******* camera off me.

I think one of the footy shows or post match highlighted it?

Could be wrong.
No I don't think you are. My lip reading is pretty good and he went '...they can go and get @#$%;

Holding against McGlynn on Duncan. Probably there. Tugged his jumper to try to keep up when Rohan kicked the ball into space in F50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back