Autopsy Sydney vs Geelong. PRELIM

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know what to say about the game really. Cheer squad had the Ole's going after the 2nd goal. 5 goals later I was on board. Completely dominated the first quarter.

When you watch Selwood live, he ducks, sags, sinks and goes limp at nearly every contest in front of goal. He's worse than Lindsay Thomas at it. He ducked his head right in front of us at one contest while driving forward and copped a crunching tackle. He didn't do it again.

Whoever that 16 is, seeing him clearly duck into high contact and cop a pasting was fantastic.

Looked like the walking dead just after half time. Looked spent at 3qtr time but had enough left over to see the game out. I think Geelong knew it was over when Enright fluffed it. 38 at that stage and it hardly changed after with the Swans keeping the ball as much as they could.

Last quarter was probably the shortest I've ever seen, just over 26 minutes.

I love how when we draft elite young midfielders, they're never allowed anywhere near the midfield for the first couple of seasons.

Then we just unleash them in a finals campaign. :)

Heeney has almost been a secret weapon in these finals with this switch to the wing and midfield.

He's scary good in his preferred role.

Don't know what to say about the game really. Cheer squad had the Ole's going after the 2nd goal. 5 goals later I was on board. Completely dominated the first quarter.

When you watch Selwood live, he ducks, sags, sinks and goes limp at nearly every contest in front of goal. He's worse than Lindsay Thomas at it. He ducked his head right in front of us at one contest while driving forward and copped a crunching tackle. He didn't do it again.

Whoever that 16 is, seeing him clearly duck into high contact and cop a pasting was fantastic.

Looked like the walking dead just after half time. Looked spent at 3qtr time but had enough left over to see the game out. I think Geelong knew it was over when Enright fluffed it. 38 at that stage and it hardly changed after with the Swans keeping the ball as much as they could.

Last quarter was probably the shortest I've ever seen, just over 26 minutes.
We held that lead brilliantly and Geelong were probably flattered in the end by our reluctance to let the game open up. Very smart football

How very sweet it is.
No-one can match Sydney when they put the acid on - just relentless.

As usual, big lead - then (like gridiron), AFL Special Team (umpires) come on to help out.
(btw - I wasn't aware that prior opportunity for Sydney is now counted in fractions of seconds. Life's about learning new things).

Great win - and an extra day's rest. Great club.

Not bad for a team rebuilding, eh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-The umpires not calling clear marks to Papley and Rohan inside 50 though (although he did get a iffy one go his way a bit later) to go with Heeney in the GWS game. Can't remember ever being denied so many marks in a season let alone a 3 week period. Umpires need to be seriously better next week, especially if we play GWS and they go the man/snipe again.

-I think Rohan finally played the final he needed to, not only did he have a good game, it was one of his best ever. Papley has been incredible this finals series, never would I have thought he would be leading our finals goal kicking tally after 3 games. McGlynn 3 of his last 4 games have been among his best. These 3 pressure forwards have been as important as anything in these last 2 finals wins, their tackling has been great...how different does the forward line look when these guys are up and going.

- 5 years of top 4 finishes, and now a 3rd grand final...hopefully we can get that 2nd flag to vindicate what has most certainly been the greatest period in our clubs Sydney history under Horse. So exciting!

-The umpires not calling clear marks to Papley and Rohan inside 50 though (although he did get a iffy one go his way a bit later) to go with Heeney in the GWS game. Can't remember ever being denied so many marks in a season let alone a 3 week period. Umpires need to be seriously better next week, especially if we play GWS and they go the man/snipe again.-

That call cost Aliir his knee

Massive call mate atm

The bont is All Aus and playing some awesome footy in a very good midfield
Heeney was awesome last night but he is the 4th or 5th stringer atm

Not saying he won't be better but I don't think he just atm

That's only my opinion mate

I mean overall longer term

Agree bont ahead now and i rate the bont

But if i said you can swap heeney for bontempelli would you do it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back