Review Sydney vs Gold Coast - Rd 18, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Who goes out for Fiorini Swallow and Martin.
Still have Ainsworth Hanley and Bowes as well.
Suddenly looking like some depth after all.
A couple more wins like that and they'll be saying we're a destination Club as well.
My guess possibly only Fiorini and Swallow in. Bowes was average at best, he needs probably another week in NEAFL. Ainsworth and Hanley ill, again NEAFL probably. Martin calf injury - can he recover in 1 week? Out Lonergan (I liked him today), Powell. I would also like Scrimshaw in for Joyce.

I love watching Flog Brown sticking the boot into us predicting Swans to whip us by 60+
Hope he lost his house and his smug face at the same time

That flog Brown was actually on the SUNS side if you really listened. ..and he has sold his house, not lost it. His smug face looks just as handsome as ever imo.

.....and everybody was expecting you to get flogged, 60+ would've been no surprise....but you didn't, you won! Most Lions are pleased for you too.

Enjoy the win and stop worrying about what others think.

Lonergan would have to be very stiff if he misses next week. Lowish possession count but tagged Kennedy for a while and did a few nice and tough things for us I thought.

Heron easily could have kicked 4 goals today but ended up with 1... is he normally a reliable set shot? haven't watched much of him....That mark he took today was insane. If Selwood or Dangerfield did that they'd talk about it for weeks.

Powell will get a rest for sure. I like his class but he didnt get enough of it today.

Bloody great team game today. So many individual efforts and so few passengers. Brodie really stood up, despite not really being able to dictate terms. Miller's absence in the first quarter was when the Swans dominated, but with him on the field the team lifted. May was May, Lyons was Lyons, but without Martin an Swallow, Weller and KK really stood up. I said jokingly on the GCSunscast that Holman and Young were the most likely to help us kick a winning score, but shouldn't have gone away from Sexton and Lemmens who are vital to the forward pressure that turns into goals (even if they aren't so great at converting sometimes).
The NEAFL team helped set up the day, with a brilliant showing of determined football that was very similar after halftime. Fiorini and Dawson were amazing, while Barlow and Rosa were the link players that made the win possible (Barlow's touches came overwhelmingly in the 2nd half during the phase when Suns were dominant and he spent a fair amount of time in the ruck - read what you will, but he's not automatic selection material).

Bloody great team game today. So many individual efforts and so few passengers. Brodie really stood up, despite not really being able to dictate terms. Miller's absence in the first quarter was when the Swans dominated, but with him on the field the team lifted. May was May, Lyons was Lyons, but without Martin an Swallow, Weller and KK really stood up. I said jokingly on the GCSunscast that Holman and Young were the most likely to help us kick a winning score, but shouldn't have gone away from Sexton and Lemmens who are vital to the forward pressure that turns into goals (even if they aren't so great at converting sometimes).
The NEAFL team helped set up the day, with a brilliant showing of determined football that was very similar after halftime. Fiorini and Dawson were amazing, while Barlow and Rosa were the link players that made the win possible (Barlow's touches came overwhelmingly in the 2nd half during the phase when Suns were dominant and he spent a fair amount of time in the ruck - read what you will, but he's not automatic selection material).
He's free!

That flog Brown was actually on the SUNS side if you really listened. ..and he has sold his house, not lost it. His smug face looks just as handsome as ever imo.

.....and everybody was expecting you to get flogged, 60+ would've been no surprise....but you didn't, you won! Most Lions are pleased for you too.

I wasn’t expecting us to get flogged by 60+.... I was expecting us to get flogged by 70+ :D

(Barlow's touches came overwhelmingly in the 2nd half during the phase when Suns were dominant and he spent a fair amount of time in the ruck - read what you will, but he's not automatic selection material).
Agree with this
I stand by my comments that he's a better player than half the current side, but unfortunately for Micky B today's win means he's unlikely to see anymore senior gametime this year
He won't displace Brodie now and Swallow Fiorini Ainsworth have to be ahead of him looking to 2019 sadly
Just loved the bliss on Maysie's face at the end of the game

I thought ST was talking about Campbell Brown.

Agree with this
I stand by my comments that he's a better player than half the current side, but unfortunately for Micky B today's win means he's unlikely to see anymore senior gametime this year
He won't displace Brodie now and Swallow Fiorini Ainsworth have to be ahead of him looking to 2019 sadly
Just loved the bliss on Maysie's face at the end of the game
Powell needs replacing and there are still issues with some players who can't even run out 3 quarters = Ballard, Heron, Lemmens

See, I just named three blokes who just got Gatorade showers. Softens the blow, somewhat.

Winning now means a lot more than hurting a rookie's feelings. Draft position is nowhere near as important as giving these kids days like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree on Dawson. He started slow like Barlow but was really important for Suns domination in the last quarter.

As for your comment SandyToes regarding dishes etc......is that the attitude you show to women? Says a lot about you.
No it doesn't
You had a ping at me on my board about my comments regarding Campbell Brown after a famous win
You brought the misunderstanding thinking I was talking about your favourite son(what a thug he was too)
I had a tongue in cheek ping back involving traditional gender role models
If you venture an opinion on an opposition board be very aware of your facts and be prepared for some decent ad hominem if you aren't- and even some ad womenin

Last edited:
Was he commentating? If so then my apologies.

As for your comment SandyToes regarding dishes etc......is that the attitude you show to women? Says a lot about you.

I'll go now to watch my Lions, but I came in peace, hope to leave the same way.

cheers all.
Thanks for your well wishes, but pass on your trollish whims please. Today is not your day.

Who goes out for Fiorini Swallow and Martin.
Still have Ainsworth Hanley and Bowes as well.
Suddenly looking like some depth after all.
A couple more wins like that and they'll be saying we're a destination Club as well.
No one goes out -winning teams don't change !
Players will soon learn that they'll come back thru NEAFL if injured , rested or sick.
Removal of the ' I'm injured' culture that has blighted us for years will hasten after days like this...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back