Review Sydney vs Gold Coast - Rd 18, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Was so happy to see Young and Sexton play well
I'd seen nothing in AY to suggest he could influence a game but he did it yesterday and he'll kick more than 20 goals this year
After everything he will have earnt his contract
I've always been a Sexy fan and before he broke his arm he was firing
Both he and Young provided that tall mobile mid-forward a la Breust Gunston that we have never had at the Suns
Neither will probably scale those sorts of heights but they did a great job yesterday

Was so happy to see Young and Sexton play well
I'd seen nothing in AY to suggest he could influence a game but he did it yesterday and he'll kick more than 20 goals this year
After everything he will have earnt his contract
I've always been a Sexy fan and before he broke his arm he was firing
Both he and Young provided that tall mobile mid-forward a la Breust Gunston that we have never had at the Suns
Neither will probably scale those sorts of heights but they did a great job yesterday
Spot on ST. I've been very frustrated with Sexton lately as well as Ah Chee, and Young to a lesser extent. You can see t talent is there with all of them but they haven't been delivering. That play where Ah Chee chased down Buddy and ran around him to get to the ball and earn the free was superb. It's like all three lifted from second gear into fifth yesterday.

There is not much in this world that gives one more pleasure than the truly unexpected win.

Last night and today is for enjoying the thing.
Normal commentary will resume later in the week.

Holmans marking ability is massively under rated too, the last two weeks he has been clunking one grab contested marks in big moments
Is it just me or has his kicking also improved in recent weeeks as well?

Now that he's becoming more comfortable at the this level, his improved skills, big body and hardness at the contest is proving a real asset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you seriously suggesting Martin Swallow and Fiorini don't come back in. Surely you are taking the piss.
All your ding is hurting the team not bringing your best players in the team , doesn’t effect culture at all , I can see your point with fringe players , but not guys who are going to finish top 5 in b&f. I can’t see Richmond not bringing in Dusty because they just had a good win and it doesn’t effect there culture.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You guys are probably right.
The point I was making is that no-one should be dropped after a win like that.
If the club has more wins suddenly positions in the team will be treated with far greater respect - amazing what that can do to an injury list..

Congrats on a great win yesterday guys! Was the best GC win I have watched. Has been a tough season for the suns due to injury, not being able to play at yr home ground etc. Yr players and supporters deserve a good win and hopefully u can knock a couple of teams off before the end of the year. Celebrate hard!

Now that he's becoming more comfortable at the this level, his improved skills, big body and hardness at the contest is proving a real asset.
Holman and Young have a renewed self-assurance in front of goal that has to come from coaching. Jack Martin gets that same look in his eye where you see him block out all distractions and just lock onto the target. They also seem to be chipping into the stands instead of trying to boot the leather off the ball.

Holman and Young aren't the answer, but they are setting a standard that young blokes must meet or exceed to win a spot in the Senior side. Our drafted players are the future, so it is important that they have a higher bar to clear than in previous years. If I could ask the AFL for one concession this year it wouldn't be picks, it would be an expanded list so that the club can keep talent that would otherwise be traded or delisted at season's end. Plenty of people have names like Holman, Hall, MacPherson, Young, Sexton, Lonergan and Lemmens in their scratch list of players to move on at season's end, yet without them the Suns would have zero wins this year. Keeping them AND drafting new talent is necessary to build the list until the apprentices are ready to take over from the journeymen.

he was a great kick prior, Wigg, Weller and he were all great kicks when we brought them in

I rate his ability to read the play, he is one of our best at knowing where to be and now his confidence is there with marking and kicking his tackling is cream however when it comes to signing modelling contracts Weller will win the day over poor old Nick anytime...…………………... he tackles like a junkyard dog and looks like one

Did anyone end up going to the airport to welcome them home?
I didn't had drunk too much and wife didn't want to drive. Saw on a few Facebook pages for suns that a group of about 20 odd cheered when they arrived. All had big smiles on their face and id say a few were surprised i imagine they wouldnt be used to an airport reception.

I didn't had drunk too much and wife didn't want to drive. Saw on a few Facebook pages for suns that a group of about 20 odd cheered when they arrived. All had big smiles on their face and id say a few were surprised i imagine they wouldnt be used to an airport reception.
Saw that too was really cool effort from those fans. Shows the players that there are people who adore this club.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Holmans marking ability is massively under rated too, the last two weeks he has been clunking one grab contested marks in big moments

He’s clunking those marks like lynch was a few years ago when he was at his best.. Holman looked cooked a few weeks ago but the last couple of weeks he looks to be playing more of a role instead of just a tackling bull going hard at everything.. seems to be starting to really settle in now

What page was it on mate would love to have a look

Image1532241726.408522.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In all the years you have been in the league I don't think I have visited your board, it was time.
What a glorious and inspiring victory. Congratulations .
Hopefully after Lynch, I think he has made up his mind, you retain all your players and you grow your team and brand.
Good Luck, onwards and upwards from here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back