8 Aaron Young (GCFC) = (4/4)
5 Steven May (GCFC) = (5/0) ***** could be 3/2
5 Rory Thompson (GCFC) = (5/0) **** could be 3/2
5 Lachie Weller (GCFC) = (3/2) **** could be 5/0
3 Peter Wright (GCFC) = (3/0)
2 Josh Kennedy (SYD) = (2/0)
1 Luke Parker (SYD) = (1/0)
1 Alex Sexton (GCFC) = (1 / 0)

So one of the coaches thought that Steven May wasn't in the best 5 players on the ground. :think:

Last edited:

5 Steven May (GCFC) = (5/0)
5 Rory Thompson (GCFC) = (5/0)
5 Lachie Weller (GCFC) = (3/2)

So one of the coaches thought that Steven May wasn't in the best 5 players on the ground. :think:
And on the other side of the coin one coach rates Rory b.o.g the other didn't have him in the votes either.

Just finished watching the game replay for a second time it just keeps getting better! :D Brought tears of joy to my eyes. We were so hard at the contest, it just shows if you win clearances you win games! We smashed Sydney in clearances from quarter time onwards. I love how every single player on our team was playing for one another and looking out for their team mates, this was a game of mateship that will last and allow the players to continue to bond from here on in. Something I haven't witnessed at all this season until this game and victory.

5 Steven May (GCFC) = (5/0)
5 Rory Thompson (GCFC) = (5/0)
5 Lachie Weller (GCFC) = (3/2)

Dew has been impressed by his captain, while Horse has given credit to the bloke who gave Buddy the hose.

And on the other side of the coin one coach rates Rory b.o.g the other didn't have him in the votes either.

Actually screwed it up a bit with Weller also getting 5 votes.. Rory / Weller / May could all have been 5/0 or 3/2

Sorry if this is common knowledge

'Buddy sledge backfires'.

And after the Suns pulled off one of the great upset victories of 2018, Steven May revealed a cheeky pre-game sledge Franklin had sent Thompson’s way.

“Buddy said — when he came out, I shook his hand, which he normally doesn’t do, but he did today — and then once I walked away from him to McCartin, he looked at me and he said “Steve, are you serious, you’re going to let this bloke play on me?” May told ABC Grandstand post-match.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/la...r/news-story/1f271c6053c0379520300db54068ddc9

Last edited:
Actually screwed it up a bit with Weller also getting 5 votes.. Rory / Weller / May could all have been 5/0 or 3/2
No, you're overthinking it. You were right the first time.
8 Young (4+4)
5 Weller (3+2)
5 May
5 Thompson
3 Wright
2 Kennedy
1 Parker
1 Sexton

Thompson didn't have the best game, he was the best game manager by keeping Buddy quiet. By the same token, May wasn't the best unless you're Stuart Dew. Weller deserved to get in the votes, but neither coach would have had him top. I could be wrong.

8 Young (4+4)
5 Weller (3+2)
5 May
5 Thompson
3 Wright
2 Kennedy
1 Parker
1 Sexton

Thompson didn't have the best game, he was the best game manager by keeping Buddy quiet. By the same token, May wasn't the best unless you're Stuart Dew. Weller deserved to get in the votes, but neither coach would have had him top. I could be wrong.
Post match I'm pretty sure Dew rated Thompson and 2MP
IMO Dew has given votes to Wright and Rory
Happy Dew is now on the 2MP train.Was getting worried he wasn't buying a ticket

8 Young (4+4)
5 Weller (3+2)
5 May
5 Thompson
3 Wright
2 Kennedy
1 Parker
1 Sexton

Yeah I would think that Weller was likely the 3/2 but can't be definite with the way the final votes landed
I would have given May 5

Sorry if this is common knowledge

'Buddy sledge backfires'.

And after the Suns pulled off one of the great upset victories of 2018, Steven May revealed a cheeky pre-game sledge Franklin had sent Thompson’s way.

“Buddy said — when we came out, I and shook his hand, which he normally doesn’t do, but he did today — and then once I walked away from him to McCartin, he looked at me and he said “Steve, are you serious, you’re going to let this bloke play on me?” May told ABC Grandstand post-match.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/la...r/news-story/1f271c6053c0379520300db54068ddc9
Perhaps Buddy needs to study his opponents more pre-match. Thompson, now finally fit, has been one of our best players this year.

Buddy Franklin AKA Rory's bitch. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps Buddy needs to study his opponents more pre-match. Thompson, now finally fit, has been one of our best players this year.

Buddy Franklin AKA Rory's bitch. ;)
I vividly remember Rory towelling Buddy up during a preseason game at Metricon back when Buddy was still with the Hawks - Made a few of us sit back and go "wow, this lanky ginger might actually be our superstar down back"

For some reason decided to take pics of Gold Coast coming out of the race..premonition? maybe..but it's always worth documenting something that people tend to forget or ignore..Stuart Dew, Mark Evans and co have made a difference despite the win on Saturday. There were obvious signs of a strong club culture from what I witnessed..Assistant coach Shaun Hart (have the experts checked his footy resume? wow!), the NEAFL team were all waiting to greet the team as they walked off the park, they shared in the joy in the sheds..hardly negative behavior from what the mainstream footy pundits think that the Suns are a lost cause. Touk Miller was outstanding in the contest getting underneath and getting the ball out..hassled Josh Kennedy & co all day.. Stephen May stood up bigtime surely he stays....An outstanding effort by the Gold Coast all round..good luck to you folks who stand by a team who will get better. enjoy the pics..

Swans v Gold Coast match report : https://bit.ly/2OavGB3

rrgc.jpg

evebb.jpg

roomscgcwb.jpg

rohdwb.jpg

facesunswb.jpg

joycewb.jpg

sunsshine.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason decided to take pics of Gold Coast coming out of the race..premonition? maybe..but it's always worth documenting something that people tend to forget or ignore..Stuart Dew, Mark Evans and co have made a difference despite the win on Saturday. There were obvious signs of a strong club culture from what I witnessed..Assistant coach Shaun Hart (have the experts checked his footy resume? wow!), the NEAFL team were all waiting to greet the team as they walked off the park, they shared in the joy in the sheds..hardly negative behavior from what the mainstream footy pundits think that the Suns are a lost cause. Touk Miller was outstanding in the contest getting underneath and getting the ball out..hassled Josh Kennedy & co all day.. Stephen May stood up bigtime surely he stays....An outstanding effort by the Gold Coast all round..good luck to you folks who stand by a team who will get better. enjoy the pics..

View attachment 532095

View attachment 532088

View attachment 532089

View attachment 532091

View attachment 532092

View attachment 532093

View attachment 532094
Thankyou!
Sunny_ will be especially pleased with the JJ shot- might update her avatar!

View attachment 532095

View attachment 532088

View attachment 532089

View attachment 532091

View attachment 532092

View attachment 532093

View attachment 532094
Great short interview with Miller after the game in the match report link above. His answer to 'team culture" question is just great. I hope he's vice captain next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back