Sydney vs GWS qualifying final - good / bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep

Hate them but it's true. I was being nice to the poor little lost guy
Plenty if time anyway when we know for sure. If the Hawks all get food poisoning or something and we end up playing Geelong it would have to be the MCG right?
Can see myself having an awkward conversation about unplanned leave with my boss unless its a Saturday game. Luckily an AFL supporter so I might get some sympathy.

Haha, You bastard :p
Just remember your water supply comes from out West, mods the least of you're worries.
Seriously I get if you finish on top it should be you're call. We'd be, and were, outraged when it was suggested we might play a home game at the SCG. We might be the lovechild but haven't got much infuence in this case.

reckon you need to send a fruit basket to the tigers. We had a training game today.

Nah Tiges need more than a fruit basket.

In the last month NSW Teams 42:23:275 vs Richmond 10:14:74

And 5 of their 10 were kicked in the last quarter this afternoon.

Fruit baskets don't really come into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty if time anyway when we know for sure. If the Hawks all get food poisoning or something and we end up playing Geelong it would have to be the MCG right?
Can see myself having an awkward conversation about unplanned leave with my boss unless its a Saturday game. Luckily an AFL supporter so I might get some sympathy.
Bad news for you in this situation :)

It's being rebuilt, but yeah we would be a small crowd I guess. Comes from supporting one of the more exclusive clubs. Just makes the logistics harder. Rent a car I guess. Then strange roads parking etc all come into play.

I'm sure of it

If they made Freo playing there surely if they played the giants Geelong would bitch and moan that there are not many giants fans they have to fit in

I actually don't have a problem if they play a final against us (or anyone) at Kardi - it's a home final. Yeah u earn that right. Dogs at Etihad, Geelong at Kardi, Us at Spotless - that's the point.

Should Sydney be allowed the SCG? probably. Shouldn't have let the AFL sign the stupid contract in the first place and then agree to the caveat that any final except the Giants could be moved. That's just an hilarious karma bus backing up the the loading dock.

It won't matter next year anyway, it's a freak occurrence. What would Sportsbet be paying if you put a tenner on a 1v4 Swans/GWS qualifying final at the start of the year.

And as I said, at least it's neutral.

Geelong/Dogs in a home final at the MCG against an MCG tennant is ridiculous.

And let's face it - it's only this year. After that and when they convert the stadium so we can't ever use it even if some numpty wants to.

And when the grand histories are written in 50/100 years time it will be a footnote in chapter 15 and the answer to a trivia question "which two teams played the last AFL game at the Olympic Stadium? Bonus points, why was it special?"

If they made Freo playing there surely if they played the giants Geelong would bitch and moan that there are not many giants fans they have to fit in
They only made Freo play there because all 4 finals were being played in Melbourne that week, which meant normally the lowest drawing game would be played at Etihad (as two finals are played on Saturday, MCG could only be used once that day). Cats kicked up a stink when they realized it would be them (as freo are typically a low drawing interstate team) so they asked in advance for it to be held at KP. As you know it was allowed and it backfired on them magnificently.

If you meet in a QF or PF it'll be at the MCG, I guarantee it.

They only made Freo play there because all 4 finals were being played in Melbourne that week, which meant normally the lowest drawing game would be played at Etihad (as two finals are played on Saturday, MCG could only be used once that day). Cats kicked up a stink when they realized it would be them (as freo are typically a low drawing interstate team) so they asked in advance for it to be held at KP. As you know it was allowed and it backfired on them magnificently.

If you meet in a QF or PF it'll be at the MCG, I guarantee it.
Ahhhhhh that is correct. Now I remember

We that sorts that then

Well it's Go Hawks today so we get two home finals. The Crows will just have to do it tough, they've done it before. Until they come up against us of course.

Congratulations on making the top 4. Another Swans fan whose 2nd favourite team is GWS. A massive effort on your part. Hoping we end up playing the grand final together, wouldnt begrudge GWS victory either. Will be a cracker game in a couple of weeks. Hopefully no injuries and both sides get through intact.

All the best.

Absolutely hoping for a good contest that leaves both sides in good shape for the next one.
Hopin the Hawks lock it in today. Dont want to have to crawl for time off and go through the hassle of getting to an interstate game. You guys would have more practice, but I couldn't find Kardinnia Park on a map.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back