Sydney vs West Coast - Statement Game Friday Night SCG 15th June

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night's game was obviously disappointing but we weren't disgraced and we came through injury free. Won't be the last team to lose at the SCG against the Swans.

You cannot win every game you play and as long as we learn from this and beat Essendon next week it will be a good experience.

Eagles played decent footy for me. Ryan and Kennedy missed some absolute sitters and we only lost by 2 goals and some change. We dominated the 1st quarter everywhere except the scoreboard and we had 3 rookie forwards. Theres no other team in the comp challenging this year with 3 rookie forwards in their front 6.

Ill take that loss and move on. Our jagganunt midfield of cousins, judd, kerr couldnt even win over there.

But if there isnt a worst field in the league to play on, i havent seen it. Like playing in someones back garden.

The swans really dont get enough credit for how efficiently they evolve the list. Been one of the top 4 teams in the game forever now and it doesnt look like there will be a massive drop anytime soon
Eddie : but but but ...cola, academy
Sydney : 10 players on our team last night were rookie listed fuxxtick

Eddie : but but but ...cola, academy
Sydney : 10 players on our team last night were rookie listed fuxxtick
I really think it is the development that players get at the swans rather than superior scouting or talent spotting. Kids dont get a game at the swans until they have really earnt it and fulfill a role in the team rather than just getting a game because they are young and in form. Florent and hayward are the two biggest surprises on the list. Heeney and mills were two obvious home runs beforw they were drafted

Yeah I didn’t think that game said much except that both teams are very very good and should factor in the finals. I did feel that overall eagles were the better team; they had terrible inside 50s though and missed goals they would have kicked usually. Credit to Sydney they dominated for periods of the game and took advantage of it when it counted.

All in all both teams will feature strongly in finals. Eagles did really miss darling and to a lesser extent barass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Swans are running into good form and its young players are shouldering a lot of the load. Aliir was really important and his athleticism and clean handling could be huge in the second half of the year.
But I wouldn't read a huge amount beyond that. Swans seem to have the wood over Eagles, who were coming off a bye, and especially at SCG. Next two games vs Richmond and Geelong will be Big Statement Games.

Aliir is a massive reason we were able to get the win. He was crucial in the opening term when west coast were all over us. Game could have been out reach at qtr time if it were not for him

Aliir is a massive reason we were able to get the win. He was crucial in the opening term when west coast were all over us. Game could have been out reach at qtr time if it were not for him
He was bog for you guys - an absolute rock.... as in id like to have thrown an absolute rock at his head when noone was looking - the difference between the two sides last night imo

He was bog for you guys - an absolute rock.... as in id like to have thrown an absolute rock at his head when noone was looking - the difference between the two sides last night imo
Unfortunately for us he is out of contract and up until last night out of favour. He is a huge risk to leave and will cost us dearly,unless of coarse Mcgovern comes in

There in part lies the need for academies.
Yes the swans are in a great position with the amount of youth we have but out of mills,heeney,ronke,hewett,hayward,jones,aliir,mccartin,papley...only heeney and mills are from nsw.

If half those players decided to go home,we would be in huge trouble in a year or two

Geez the umps helped the Swans out. Seems they are doing the Bulldogs run and drop the ball when tackled, waiting for a "knocked free, play on" call. If you've had prior op, it should be incorrect disposal.

Your posting Credibility when it comes to anything Swans is ZERO. Hopefully you are not in a straight jacket or making cane baskets in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back