Sydney vs West Coast - Statement Game Friday Night SCG 15th June

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking fwd to the game. But not the broadcast. And no im not talking about the pitiful commentary. Thats a given.
Im talking about the low camera angle at the SCG.
The cameras are 4m off the ground in the ladies stand. The front of the ladies stand.
Not up high like all other grounds.
Why cant they install some scaffolding behind the stand with a platform so the cameras can be higher??
They do it for behind goal cameras when they play one off games at like darwin, alice springs, cairns, ballarat etc.
but not at SCG.

I know journos lurk and post here. Please one of you ask this question to SCG trust, broadcasters and the AFL.

Exactly and Buddy is twice the player JK is so you still would've lost by a goal.

Come at me!
Not going to argue there Buddy is a special player but the eagles have improved out of sight since round 1. Saying this game will be bloody difficult

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going to argue there Buddy is a special player but the eagles have improved out of sight since round 1. Saying this game will be bloody difficult

Don't wanna get my hopes up too much but I just wanna see effort and genuine belief. This side seems mentally tough, and wouldn't get intimidated the same way as last year. Course a lot of the list is the same but the mentality is different. This one is hard to predict, but IF we're competitive and believe I can't see us being blown away at least. I think if we lose either the Swans play really well or somehow the wheels come off. If WC plays how they've played this year, and Sydney play the way they usually play, I think we win.

statement games aren't played in June. winning or dropping this means very little in Sept / Oct.

If WCE finish regular season top 2, avoid injuries, then they will have another GF appearance.

I feel it will have an impact going forward. Breaking the SCG hoodoo will tell us that we can challenge anyone everywhere. The Pies at the G will be a really big test. If we were playing Richmond at the G tonight and won don't you think it would send a strong message? I think they'd be intimidated. Of course otoh it is just 4 points and we can still easily finish 1st or 2nd, but it will be a good indicator of the forms of each team. If we start winning away against top sides I think we already have one hand on the cup.

At the very least I just hope we're competitive, win or lose. I don't think we'll fold, but if we do I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

Looking fwd to the game. But not the broadcast. And no im not talking about the pitiful commentary. Thats a given.
Im talking about the low camera angle at the SCG.
The cameras are 4m off the ground in the ladies stand. The front of the ladies stand.
Not up high like all other grounds.
Why cant they install some scaffolding behind the stand with a platform so the cameras can be higher??
They do it for behind goal cameras when they play one off games at like darwin, alice springs, cairns, ballarat etc.
but not at SCG.

I know journos lurk and post here. Please one of you ask this question to SCG trust, broadcasters and the AFL.
Your not alone, they are too low and probably half the reason people still believe the scg is small

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm not writing off the Swans l, they're a good side. I'm shocked the bookies have them so short against the Eagles though.

statement games aren't played in June. winning or dropping this means very little in Sept / Oct.

If WCE finish regular season top 2, avoid injuries, then they will have another GF appearance.
If Swans win it’s expected. If Eagles win on your home turf it’s a statement.

Having said that I’m predicting Swans by 28 points.

It is a statement game. If West Coast win this they will have beaten a formidable opponent on the road and at a very tough venue. They're a good team regardless of the result tonight but win it, and they will be a powerhouse which will take some stopping.

If the Swans win their claim as serious contenders will go up a few notches and announce themselves as good a team as any.

The games might not have any baring on September according to you but they have a baring right now. In any case, they do shape the 8 but more so top 2 & 4.

Don't think you get it.

If we had Kennedy, and you no Buddy. We would have won.
You can't categorically say that. That's an entirely different scenario played out with different players with a myriad of entirely different possibilities.

But yes, you take our superstar forward out and put yours in and it would obviously play out differently. Likewise if Darling was playing tonight you'd be a lot better placed.

It is a statement game. If West Coast win this they will have beaten a formidable opponent on the road and at a very tough venue. They're a good team regardless of the result tonight but win it, and they will be a powerhouse which will take some stopping.

If the Swans win their claim as serious contenders will go up a few notches and announce themselves as good a team as any.

The games might not have any baring on September according to you but they have a baring right now. In any case, they do shape the 8 but more so top 2 & 4.
The thing with the Swans is we've been less than convincing but still winning games. We're still blooding young players and we've still got a lot of injury concerns.

So there's two possibilities:

1. We're just an average to good team and our performances up til now has been indicative
2. We're playing ourselves into form and are a genuine contender

Tonight's match will be a really good indication as will the next month of footy with games against Richmond, Geelong and North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back