Sydney's sponsorship arrangement with suspected Chinese intelligence agent denied citizenship by ASIO

You across our balance of trade, didnt think so. $53 bil pa at last count.

Yeah, you're not exactly that bright are you. It isn't any Chinese sponsorship, it is this individual.

Though you Western Australian scabs would sell us out in a second, that's well known.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Yeah, you're not exactly that bright are you. It isn't any Chinese sponsorship, it is this individual.

Though you Western Australian scabs would sell us out in a second, that's well known.

Clearly oh so principled, slag WA & happily grab any of their footballers.
Isnt it the phone company that is a security threat?
Its ok to take Chinese money to sell anything from coal to baby supplements but not the Swans sponsorship. What is the Swans position on the Sth China Sea?

Clearly oh so principled, slag WA & happily grab any of their footballers.
Isnt it the phone company that is a security threat?
Its ok to take Chinese money to sell anything from coal to baby supplements but not the Swans sponsorship. What is the Swans position on the Sth China Sea?

Huawei is a big threat. Xiangmo is a different person, as his company Yuhu. Try and catch up.

ASIO has banned Sydney's sponsor from entering the country because:

The Australian Financial Review
can reveal that the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) ordered the cancellation of Mr Huang's residency in Australia because he was "amenable to conducting acts of foreign interference".

TWLS

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2015
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Beat you to what? A wildly uniformed take on the issue?

Wow you want to settle down a bit.
I was going to post the same article and ask the question -Do we trust our security agencies - If we dont - Chaos.

Wow you want to settle down a bit.
I was going to post the same article and ask the question -Do we trust our security agencies - If we dont - Chaos.

My apologies.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Huawei is a big threat. Xiangmo is a different person, as his company Yuhu. Try and catch up.

ASIO has banned Sydney's sponsor from entering the country because:

Huawei is a threat, but it is only banned from projects with security implications.

JB HiFi still sell their phones as far as I am aware.

Does being a Swans sponsor carry national security implications?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Huawei is a threat, but it is only banned from projects with security implications.

JB sell the phones because the privacy of owners is most likely not relevant to security implications, hence the govt are happy for Huawei to steal and have access to plebians' phones.

Oh dear. The Swans sponsor has some rather unpleasant things to say about Australia here:

The history of Australia has determined the innate characteristics of a giant baby. This is an objective fact and it does not mean Australia has to feel inferior. The growth of a giant baby takes time, and Australia still has a long way to go. I fully understand this.Australia is a beautiful country. The Chinese are one of the earliest builders of this country and a part of this country that cannot be separated.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1138533.shtml

Does being a Swans sponsor carry national security implications?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Why would the Swans want to be associated with a person who is banned from entering the country?

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Why would the Swans want to be associated with a person who is banned from entering the country?

Mazda produced weapons for the Japanese in WW2, weapons that killed Australian soldiers.

Hobart was the location of some of the worst massacres in Australian history

Coke and McDonalds make people obese.

Carlton and United Breweries help fuel alcoholism

The lines at Chemist Warehouse are a war crime.

New Balance, well I don't know who they are, but they were probably involved in the Holocaust.

Mazda produced weapons for the Japanese in WW2, weapons that killed Australian soldiers.

Hobart was the location of some of the worst massacres in Australian history

Coke and McDonalds make people obese.

Carlton and United Breweries help fuel alcoholism

The lines at Chemist Warehouse are a war crime.

New Balance, well I don't know who they are, but they were probably involved in the Holocaust.

Pathetic whataboutery.

Here's all Sydney's 2018 sponsors. I haven't made any comment on any of them (despite as you say, Coke and Maccas being linked to obesity blah blah blah)

Just the one where the boss of the organisation has been denied Australian citizenship as he's a national security threat. Given how sensitive clubs and sponsors are to each other and behaviour these days (lots of sponsorships have been lost over very minor actions by players) it astounds me that Sydney won't cut this one.

Swans.JPG

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Pathetic whataboutery.

Here's all Sydney's 2018 sponsors. I haven't made any comment on any of them (despite as you say, Coke and Maccas being linked to obesity blah blah blah)

Just the one where the boss of the organisation has been denied Australian citizenship as he's a national security threat. Given how sensitive clubs and sponsors are to each other and behaviour these days (lots of sponsorships have been lost over very minor actions by players) it astounds me that Sydney won't cut this one.

View attachment 618159

All fine and upstanding companies :D:$

All fine and upstanding companies :D:$

Yeah, it would be stupid to say link VWs diesel emissions scandal to footy.

Buy Xiangmo spoke personally about the Swans link

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
With all that's going on in China and with Chinese companies at the moment and what is happening in the South China Sea perhaps it would be wise to take a backward step if in the near future any clubs were offered sponsorship with a Chinese firm. The same with any Russian companies as well i would suggest.

Back