Bomber Spirit

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
A strange trend from the Swans games to have been played at Telstra Stadium to date.

2002 -
54,169 v Essendon (who wear black shorts at home games)
34,404 v Carlton (blue shorts)
40,386 v Richmond (black shorts)

2003 -
30,803 v Carlton (blue shorts)
45,917 v Essendon (black shorts)
72,393 v Collingwood (black shorts)
71,019 finals v Brisbane (maroon shorts)

2004 -
33,127 v Melbourne (blue shorts)
50,091 v Collingwood (black shorts)
46,440 v Essendon (black shorts)
40,282 finals v West Coast (blue shorts)

As can be clearly statistically shown, no game involving a team who wear blue shorts has ever got more than 40,282 (no H&A game more than 34,404); while no game that didn't involve a team wearing blue shorts has ever got less than 40,386.
Before people talk about moving the Kangaroos or Western Bulldogs up here, maybe they should heed the statistical warning. Their uniforms just don't appeal to the Telstra Stadium-going classes. ;) :rolleyes:

(Yes, this thread is a ********-take).

very observant. Tell me, perhaps you can extrapolate this to the rest of the AFL.. would you say that the kangaroos and bulldogs may be struggling financially because their fashion tastes dont appeal to the fickle melbourne and sydney markets? :D

stormee said:
very observant. Tell me, perhaps you can extrapolate this to the rest of the AFL.. would you say that the kangaroos and bulldogs may be struggling financially because their fashion tastes dont appeal to the fickle melbourne and sydney markets? :D
Problem solved. Footscray wears its 5404 jumper complete with hooped socks and black shorts.

that is a dead set baseball statistic that one, just very very obscure and proving very little...but i love it...

And which colour shorts have won the most games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bomber Spirit said:
A strange trend from the Swans games to have been played at Telstra Stadium to date.
Do you have any other stats, for example the number of preferred left foot kicking players with tinia (or tinea, don't ask me to spell it, you know what it is) on their right foot that kick 3 or more goals in a game?

I think we could break this theory by having Sydney host Port at Telstra Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back