Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - over 6500 days since EFC won a final / AC signs w NM, EFC implode / RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading cryptocurrency to make a living, really? Surely he could have worked with James Hird in his business (?) selling chocolates out of the back of his car at markets and school fairs.

He could have made shitloads doing that. I know of someone who made 10s or even 100+ million out of * all.

Here's a better article. 839gm's of MDMA was found but contaminated by the cops, so DNA couldn't be ascertained.

If you say nothing there is always the chance the cops will * stuff up and the evidence won't be enough to convict. So maybe he got lucky. Or "lucky".

I knocked about with Mark when we were kids. Should have kept in touch.

He and his brother used to be our electricians at the Tabaret I managed back in the early to mid 90's, post his playing career and just prior to him joining North as an asst coach. His bro did all the work while Bomber and I talked footy over a few Winnie Blues at the end of the bar. I too wish I'd kept in touch long enough to grab some of that land acquisition tip.

He and his brother used to be our electricians at the Tabaret I managed back in the early to mid 90's, post his playing career and just prior to him joining North as an asst coach. His bro did all the work while Bomber and I talked footy over a few Winnie Blues at the end of the bar. I too wish I'd kept in touch long enough to grab some of that land acquisition tip.

I was referring to Mark Casey.

I played cricket against Bomber. He was a very nippy bowler. Bomber's not a bad bloke. He's been "recreating" for many years.

I was referring to Mark Casey.

I played cricket against Bomber. He was a very nippy bowler. Bomber's not a bad bloke. He's been "recreating" for many years.

Gotchya. Yeah Mark Casey was the brains behind it.

I agree about Bomber too. He and I got along very well and the fact he’d played with and against mates of mine made for plenty of chatter and laughs. I of course never saw him dabble in the fun stuff but the fact he was so keen on the gaspers showed me there was another side to the bloke I’d seen on field.

True. But if he had been stuck with that 839 grams mdma, he would not have been able to argue personal use.

Isn't it convenient that got "tainted".

Im sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think he was trading it for fun not to make a living.

Trading shares/crypto while chewing your face off on the gear doesn't really sound like a great money making strategy. :think:

Trading crypo sounds better in court than sitting up for 96 hours pulling the wire off yourself to "Dyson Heppell types" pr0n.

Was there anything in the news at the time to indicate any possible conduct issues? Or just dumb luck that a couple of old mates bought a farm together, and next thing, pay day. I can't remember.

Nothing people could get past in-house lawyers.

Armstrong Creek also explains why Dodoro still has a job despite being the worst recruiter/list manager in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd be slinging the pigs.

He would have become mates with them at the ladyboy parlors.

For sure the quids are changing hands. And there would be LOTS of them - talking seven figures here.

This line about "Oh I was just sitting upstairs trading crypto then a random bloke knocked on my door and we started smoking shard and magically a kilo of MD appeared by oh it got tainted in evidence so all good, you see I was depressed your honour coz footy."

I wonder how Sammy from Westmeadows would go would running that defence if he was caught with friggin scales, and deal bags and locked rooms and piles of this and that everywhere.

(FWIW Bomber should have played the "concussion" line from the get go - courts are notoriously susceptible to the media friendly issue of the day ... Munchausen By Proxy Syndrome, Satanic Ritual Abuse, 'gay panic'. If he's splashing cash to skate, surely he could have found a quack to scan his brain and declare he was basically medically not responsible for his actions due to all the head knocks etc)

For sure the quids are changing hands. And there would be LOTS of them - talking seven figures here.

6 figures would get it done.

6 figures and a lifetime pass to Jade's rectum.

6 figures would get it done.

6 figures and a lifetime pass to Jade's rectum.

Six would, but the jacks know Bomber has multiple sevens lying around - he made an absolute squillion on Armstrong's Creek and he's a pretty bright bloke in his own way, so probably did alright with the crypto trading.

And they have him over a barrel.

Tipping there's a USB with a bitcoin wallet on it sitting the current metaphorical equivalent of St Kilda Police Station Roof.

(Along with Jason Ryan's various "statements", the three guns Jedd Houghton pulled at once when he was asleep, the four guns Gary Abdallah pulled when he was put up kneeling against the wall with hands locked behind his head, the Christ knows how much Miechel has stooked away etc etc etc)

Six would, but the jacks know Bomber has multiple sevens lying around - he made an absolute squillion on Armstrong's Creek and he's a pretty bright bloke in his own way, so probably did alright with the crypto trading.

And they have him over a barrel.

Tipping there's a USB with a bitcoin wallet on it sitting the current metaphorical equivalent of St Kilda Police Station Roof.

(Along with Jason Ryan's various "statements", the three guns Jedd Houghton pulled at once when he was asleep, the four guns Gary Abdallah pulled when he was put up kneeling against the wall with hands locked behind his head, the Christ knows how much Miechel has stooked away etc etc etc)

Well, dogs do run in packs.

Well, dogs do run in packs.

Seriously though, if Bomber gets away with no jail, just, the mind boggles.

Even yapping can't get you out of everything with what he was caught with surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back