Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - over 6500 days since EFC won a final / AC signs w NM, EFC implode / RIP D2D and T_S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertie22

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ll never forget that day. It was my first ever final. I remember telling my Grandparents that we would probably make another 3rd quarter comeback, like we did multiple times during the season. I really miss that feeling of winning a final on the MCG.
I will never forget it either. Mrs Bertie and I were 'listening in' from Rome. Managed to get back to Melbourne literally just in time to get to the G and celebrate knocking out the Cats. Still remember not knowing where the hell we were at various stages during the match but glad we made the effort. Actually do recall Lindsay's blistering start, Jack Z kicking a steadying goal and Goldy's match saving mark late in the game. These are the moments that sustain us when times are not great. That is what being a North tragic really means.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I will never forget it either. Mrs Bertie and I were 'listening in' from Rome. Managed to get back to Melbourne literally just in time to get to the G and celebrate knocking out the Cats. Still remember not knowing where the hell we were at various stages during the match but glad we made the effort. Actually do recall Lindsay's blistering start, Jack Z kicking a steadying goal and Goldy's match saving mark late in the game. These are the moments that sustain us when times are not great. That is what being a North tragic really means.
Don't forget the clutch Turner smother on Selwood!

We can finish 8th and lose a final or 9th on a constant basis while others rise around us. Sad mate ☹
At least the best of us supporters would stick around while the ******* nutjob morons would surely go and follow wwe or something right?

Whether * win or lose it wont impact Melbourne position.
The only thing that can improve is our 2nd rounder. So watch * win now.

Its funny, GWS win and I would be on the red and black bandwagon but now I couldnt give a flying * if they got done by 10 goals.
Life works in mysterious ways and means I dont have to cheer on one goal

Whether * win or lose it wont impact Melbourne position.
The only thing that can improve is our 2nd rounder. So watch * win now.

Its funny, GWS win and I would be on the red and black bandwagon but now I couldnt give a flying fu** if they got done by 10 goals.
Life works in mysterious ways and means I dont have to cheer on one goal

Not sure that's right. Depending upon how other games fall, Melbourne might be playing for a spot in the 8 vs *. Win and they're in, lose and they're out.

Pretty good reason to hope * win, I reckon.

Not sure that's right. Depending upon how other games fall, Melbourne might be playing for a spot in the 8 vs *. Win and they're in, lose and they're out.

Pretty good reason to hope * win, I reckon.
Demons needs Freo to beat the Dogs. I can’t see Freo kicking a winning score but stranger things have happened.

Woosha demonstrates unequivocally that he's not a fan of * culture. How's this for a backhander ahead of his last game as coach:

"Worsfold raised eyebrows on Saturday when, following his side’s loss to Port Adelaide, he referred to “Essendon people” who expect more from their club than what has been dished up in 2020.

“I understand that Essendon people think that Essendon should be better, but they’ve also got to understand that the competition challenges clubs now to work to the same rules – the draft and the salary cap,” he said.

“No one team has any more right to be successful quicker than any other team, just because they’re a big-name club.

“You’ve got to knuckle down and commit to doing the work. Good clubs will do that and come out of it with success.”

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Woosha demonstrates unequivocally that he's not a fan of * culture. How's this for a backhander ahead of his last game as coach:

"Worsfold raised eyebrows on Saturday when, following his side’s loss to Port Adelaide, he referred to “Essendon people” who expect more from their club than what has been dished up in 2020.

“I understand that Essendon people think that Essendon should be better, but they’ve also got to understand that the competition challenges clubs now to work to the same rules – the draft and the salary cap,” he said.

“No one team has any more right to be successful quicker than any other team, just because they’re a big-name club.

“You’ve got to knuckle down and commit to doing the work. Good clubs will do that and come out of it with success.”

Rutten in for a rough ride then.

Fantastic.

I know for a fact that he has a VERY frosty relationship with one of their most influential coterie groups. During the coaching selection process, some members of this group invited Woosha to breakfast and then proceeded to grill him for a couple of hours about how West Coast had such a poor culture on his watch. They did this without any hint of irony.

Anyway, good luck to him - he's probably taken them for at least $3m over the past five years while ensuring that they remain anchored to the middle of the ladder for the foreseeable future.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back