Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - C.McKenna tests positive (?) for COVID - RIP T_S & D2D

Remove this Banner Ad

SonofSamsquanch

Member of Bushwood Golf Club
Mar 31, 2016
Deep South
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I heard Connor would go to the airport after each training session and welcome all the overseas travelers back into the country with a kiss hello and a pat on the backside. Wonderful human being. I can’t believe the people around here.
Maybe you are OK with his actions (presuming I’ve read your message correctly). His apparent breech of the strict conditions applied for AFL players that allow them to have resumed their competition and earn their salaries came after another member of his team was sanctioned for breaking the rules, and from a club that has been on notice for having poor form in complying to the rules of the competition for years (maybe for the majority of its existence).

I can relate to those who are affronted by the actions of this apparent fool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hear that Essendon is lobbying to have their games deferred until any quarantine period for McGregor's training group is over. This is exactly the reason that the AFL stipulated the teams break up their lists into smaller training groups of 8 or 9, so that if there was a positive test it could be isolated and not blow the season up. Essendon clearly took the risk of organising those groups for the best on-field outcome, i.e all best 22 backs training together, rather than take a risk management approach.

There is no way they should be able to defer their games. It is no different than if a group of players was struck down with food poisoning for example. You turn up and play with the players you have available. It is part of the reason why we have 45 players on a list after all.

big_e

Premium Platinum
Apr 28, 2008
Your Wi-Fi
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers, 76ers
I hear that Essendon is lobbying to have their games deferred until any quarantine period for McGregor's training group is over. This is exactly the reason that the AFL stipulated the teams break up their lists into smaller training groups of 8 or 9, so that if there was a positive test it could be isolated and not blow the season up. Essendon clearly took the risk of organising those groups for the best on-field outcome, i.e all best 22 backs training together, rather than take a risk management approach.

There is no way they should be able to defer their games. It is no different than if a group of players was struck down with food poisoning for example. You turn up and play with the players you have available. It is part of the reason why we have 45 players on a list after all.
Might be giving them too much credit....

SpiderBurton22

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Never change *

Essendon do not believe the weights session conducted by Conor McKenna and his fellow defenders will lead to forced 14-day quarantine periods for those players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flawed Genius

Apr 26, 2008
Bin
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Never change *

Essendon do not believe the weights session conducted by Conor McKenna and his fellow defenders will lead to forced 14-day quarantine periods for those players.

They're going to set the competition back five years

Again

shimaburnsgrieg

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
New York Yankees
As expected they raise doubts, question the testing process, have the ex players protest loudly in the media about the unfairness of it all, put forward alternative and lesser penalties....just no sense at all of accepting the umpire's decision - straight out of the Essendon playbook!

glenn2479

All Australian
Jun 9, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As expected they raise doubts, question the testing process, have the ex players protest loudly in the media about the unfairness of it all, put forward alternative and lesser penalties....just no sense at all of accepting the umpire's decision - straight out of the Essendon playbook!
Sounds like China’s playbook.

Top Bottom