Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - over 6500 days since EFC won a final / AC signs w NM, EFC implode / RIP D2D and T_S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne

• Prior to the round 14 match between Essendon and North Melbourne, Kevin Sheedy infamously labeled Kangaroos executives Greg Miller and Mark Dawson ‘marshmallows’, referring to their softness. North would win that clash by 18 points on the Friday night stage, adding to the intensity of when the two would meet again, which would be in the Qualifying Final.
  • This match had all the hype in the lead up, as it was known as the ‘marshmallow match on the back of the round 14 clash earlier that year. Unfortunately for the Bombers sake, North Melbourne triumphed again, winning by 22 points. Remarkable scenes followed, as Roos’ fans hurled marshmallows at Kevin Sheedy as he walked along the boundary line towards the dressing rooms.
How sweet it was, picking up filthy marshmellows from the ground, brought in by dirtbag bummer supporters who had intended to bombard us with their sticky goo, and hurling the stinking things at them and their coach (although to be fair, isn't Sheedy the only * coach to have leadd them to a finals victory in the last 50 or so years???).

Exactly.
You havent been powerhouse since 2013 and arguably 2004
Not sure where you get 2013 from. We haven't been a powerhouse since 2000-01. Your mob a bit before that. Just goes to show what a load of crap it is.

IggypopsTshirt

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
It's your website dick head.

And it explicitly highlights a one way “rivalry” whereby Norfies have taken issue with the EFC who are otherwise unaware of what their ******* problem is.
Your comprehension is on par with your trolling.
E704BB51-464C-40E6-9ECE-4052C1B6C940.jpeg

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You don't know what the word "igniting" means, do you?

Hint: it means you look foolish in using the term "very definition".

He's undertaking a pathetic level of squirming through the semantics of the fine print...........whilst completely ignoring the header.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

1586593547763.png

“Norf fans have long been bitter”
“Arguably igniting a rivalry”

Are you campaigners genuinely this stupid?

Oh dear, the first sentence is context (and true). If a rivalry (like a fire) has been ignited, then by definition, it exists. The source of ignition is irrelevant. Duh.

It's genuinely stupid to interpret it otherwise.

We're never so stupid as when we try to look clever.

On a side note, I personally couldn't give a s**t about the so-called rivalry. I despise Essendon, but I don't see the need to put a broader label on that feeling.

All 17 other teams are rivals at some stage (game day), and I carry varying levels of antipathy for most, and ambivalence to a few.

I actually have a fair few Essendon-supporting mates. Outside of football, they're good blokes / gals.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The North/Essendon rivalry is based on historical factors that the modern day Essendon supporter would be incapable of understanding. They’re the type that prefer their ”rivalries“ manufactured ie Collingwood.

It's no "rivalry" on our behalf.

It's pure ****ing hatred.

As for the average scum supporter, well, you're dealing the materialistic bottom feeders of the afl. These are the type of people who relate to football as a "product".

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
On a side note, I personally couldn't give a s**t about the so-called rivalry. I despise Essendon, but I don't see the need to put a broader label on that feeling.

All 17 other teams are rivals at some stage (game day), and I carry varying levels of antipathy for most, and ambivalence to a few.

I actually have a fair few Essendon-supporting mates. Outside of football, they're good blokes / gals.

Proper deep rooted rivalries get confused with teams who have a moment in time.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
It's no "rivalry" on our behalf.

It's pure ****ing hatred.

As for the average scum supporter, well, you're dealing the materialistic bottom feeders of the afl. These are the type of people who relate to football as a "product".

You’ve summed it up better than I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back