Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - over 6500 days since EFC won a final / AC signs w NM, EFC implode / RIP D2D and T_S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hear that Essendon is lobbying to have their games deferred until any quarantine period for McGregor's training group is over. This is exactly the reason that the AFL stipulated the teams break up their lists into smaller training groups of 8 or 9, so that if there was a positive test it could be isolated and not blow the season up. Essendon clearly took the risk of organising those groups for the best on-field outcome, i.e all best 22 backs training together, rather than take a risk management approach.

There is no way they should be able to defer their games. It is no different than if a group of players was struck down with food poisoning for example. You turn up and play with the players you have available. It is part of the reason why we have 45 players on a list after all.

Oakleigh Roo

Debutant
Dec 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
0C69D42F-2726-4E1E-9866-BBA9EC304446.jpeg

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
I hear that Essendon is lobbying to have their games deferred until any quarantine period for McGregor's training group is over. This is exactly the reason that the AFL stipulated the teams break up their lists into smaller training groups of 8 or 9, so that if there was a positive test it could be isolated and not blow the season up. Essendon clearly took the risk of organising those groups for the best on-field outcome, i.e all best 22 backs training together, rather than take a risk management approach.

There is no way they should be able to defer their games. It is no different than if a group of players was struck down with food poisoning for example. You turn up and play with the players you have available. It is part of the reason why we have 45 players on a list after all.
Might be giving them too much credit....

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Never change *

Essendon do not believe the weights session conducted by Conor McKenna and his fellow defenders will lead to forced 14-day quarantine periods for those players.

glenn2479

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As expected they raise doubts, question the testing process, have the ex players protest loudly in the media about the unfairness of it all, put forward alternative and lesser penalties....just no sense at all of accepting the umpire's decision - straight out of the Essendon playbook!
Sounds like China’s playbook.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Your sarcasm meter may require a re-tune SoS. I suspect it was posted with tongue firmly in cheek.
I can see that there's a tongue in cheek element to the post so I'll take your counsel on the poster's intent.

But to ensure nobody misunderstands my position, I don't believe a word of anything that comes from the mouth of any football administrator from any club north of Racecourse Road, and also from the vast majority of any football administrators that are located south of there either.

Have they turned on the wee boy McKenna yet.

Imagine being home sick, jumping on a plane back to Ireland cause you don’t want to play for *, coming back cause you have a contract, booting off once again when lockdown was announced cause you’d rather be in Ireland than here with your * teammates - and then to top it all off a you get Coronavirus and possibly rule your teams whole backline out before they take on Carlton.
Not to mention halting the momentum of * undefeated start to 2020.

No wonder their supporters are in pain lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back