Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - MT on drug charges - *Ess loses to CFC - RIP The Scales & Dugdale2Dwyer

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
As opposed to turning your players into nuclear reactors, which other, lesser clubs have stooped to in order to remain competitive.
This is how the big clubs do it;

The Essendon faithful has gone above and beyond in supporting those impacted by the bushfire crisis, helping Dyson Heppell instantly smash his $50k fundraising target.

Engimal v3

Premium Gold
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The Essendon faithful has gone above and beyond in supporting those impacted by the bushfire crisis, helping Dyson Heppell instantly smash his $50k fundraising target.

Very "me, me, me" of your captain, I'm sure you'd agree. Do you think this behaviour is the cause of Essendon's lack of on-field success for the last 2 decades, or just a large contributor?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearts to hearts

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2001
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham

No-one ever thought there wasn't lots of you and that your club and its supporters aren't generally well-off. Weird post.

Good on Shortsteppel for doing this and good on everyone who contributed to an excellent cuse. And he won't have that do any more which is a win for humankind.

LuvtheKangas

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
SMH at some of this. Surely what Heppell is doing is an honorable and compassionate thing. Like the cricketers, he's using his profile to raise more money than the average Joe could ever achieve, for a cause that we all support. It's not virtue signalling, FFS. (As an aside, has any term been more over-used on this forum in the past year?)

Yeah, on field he's the face of the club we hate and we enjoy his below average disposal skills, plus he was part of the disgraceful cheating program that some are still denying.

But these are two different things and I don't understand how some don't see that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DesertRoo

Premiership Player
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
SMH at some of this. Surely what Heppell is doing is an honorable and compassionate thing. Like the cricketers, he's using his profile to raise more money than the average Joe could ever achieve, for a cause that we all support. It's not virtue signalling, FFS. (As an aside, has any term been more over-used on this forum in the past year?)

Yeah, on field he's the face of the club we hate and we enjoy his below average disposal skills, plus he was part of the disgraceful cheating program that some are still denying.

But these are two different things and I don't understand how some don't see that.
No, we’re raising money in the spirt of the thread... except it’s not going to some virtue signalling middle man.
I’m sure shortsteppal won’t mind being the butt of some jokes if it adds to raising money.
FB523016-F8CE-4DA8-AF27-AB366B6369A4.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Bottom