Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - over 6500 days since EFC won a final / AC signs w NM, EFC implode / RIP D2D and T_S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
Very "me, me, me" of your captain, I'm sure you'd agree. Do you think this behaviour is the cause of Essendon's lack of on-field success for the last 2 decades, or just a large contributor?
He's a great leader off the field at least. Have a look at this;

1578362853535.png

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
This is how the big clubs do it;

The Essendon faithful has gone above and beyond in supporting those impacted by the bushfire crisis, helping Dyson Heppell instantly smash his $50k fundraising target.

No-one ever thought there wasn't lots of you and that your club and its supporters aren't generally well-off. Weird post.

Good on Shortsteppel for doing this and good on everyone who contributed to an excellent cuse. And he won't have that do any more which is a win for humankind.

He's a great leader off the field at least. Have a look at this;

View attachment 802794

And what of his abysmal leadership, on the field? It says a lot when Dyson "I wish we'd drafted Shaun Atley" Heppell is made captain. Worrying times for Essendon, I'm sure you'd agree.

SMH at some of this. Surely what Heppell is doing is an honorable and compassionate thing. Like the cricketers, he's using his profile to raise more money than the average Joe could ever achieve, for a cause that we all support. It's not virtue signalling, FFS. (As an aside, has any term been more over-used on this forum in the past year?)

Yeah, on field he's the face of the club we hate and we enjoy his below average disposal skills, plus he was part of the disgraceful cheating program that some are still denying.

But these are two different things and I don't understand how some don't see that.

We’re at different ends of the IQ spectrum - it can’t happen.

Given that you probably believed that the "records were lost", I think it goes without saying that you couldn't intellectually challenge Tex Walker if your life depended on it.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
SMH at some of this. Surely what Heppell is doing is an honorable and compassionate thing. Like the cricketers, he's using his profile to raise more money than the average Joe could ever achieve, for a cause that we all support. It's not virtue signalling, FFS. (As an aside, has any term been more over-used on this forum in the past year?)

Yeah, on field he's the face of the club we hate and we enjoy his below average disposal skills, plus he was part of the disgraceful cheating program that some are still denying.

But these are two different things and I don't understand how some don't see that.
No, we’re raising money in the spirt of the thread... except it’s not going to some virtue signalling middle man.
I’m sure shortsteppal won’t mind being the butt of some jokes if it adds to raising money.
FB523016-F8CE-4DA8-AF27-AB366B6369A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Robust banter between DesertRoo and DapperJong that's been entertaining and resulted in both coughing up some bread for a good cause. Well done lads. :thumbsu:

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm sorry but how cooked are your brains that you're finding a way to spin charity as something to be mocked and derided? This is what a footy club should do.I hate Essendon as much as the next north melbourne person but this is undeniably a good thing.
It must be decidedly uncomfortable watching a Roos game knowing that the cooked brains you are referring to, are actually close by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back