Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - over 6500 days since EFC won a final / AC signs w NM, EFC implode / RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc.

Fantastic half back flank who goes forward late in his career as a third marking option and kicks 129 goals in the four years from 96 - 99, including two premiership years.

Would have walked into the * team.

You literally have no clue what you're taking about. Not personal abuse or a put down, just fact.

Just imagine if the Doctor was playing for * in the 1999 Prelim rather than Wally. I reckon he would've played a role quite nicely that day.

^^ That sh*t never stops being funny BTW. Judging by your level of sookiness in this thread, you must've been a right mess that night.

That footage always gets funnier and funnier every time I see it. Literally thought he could just waltz past. Ok grandpa time for bed.

Craig Sholl was a gun. Retired when I was 7 years old yet he was still one of my favourite players in my short three years at that time watching footy. In my top 4/5 with Carey as favourite players during that period. Wore my fav number too. In 1999/2000 as a six/seven year old I met a very young boomer in a shoe shop at a shopping centre too young to recall which one he was with someone probably his dad. My brother pointed to boomer and I couldn’t spot him, I at first thought he was telling to look to see one of his friends/someone we know and then I walked closer and thought, “HOLY s**t BOOMER”. I got shy and all but I walked up to him as he was seated and told him he was my favourite player just so I could get a hug. He lapped it up of course. Still remember it clearly. Loved boomer at the time but no way was he my favourite player. I still feeel sinful for the betrayal I gave Carey, grant and sholl that day.

I see young Tom Hird has a navicular injury and is done for the year. That's back luck for the young lad.

I wonder if he'll go down the same route as his old man when he had the same injury and enlist the help of Shane Charters.
Hopefully he won't be sporting a rather orange-toned "suntan" when he stands on the podium to collect his Chas (as is his god given right).

Last edited:
Or the pinnacle of football achievement - the Anzac Day medal.

His dad won three of those, you know. It said so in his challenges against the very mean ASADA rulings.
Ah yes, James Albert Hird.
3 time Anzac Day Medallist
Said as coach he would take full responsibility, said he was shocked to be sitting there, then pushed everyone under the bus - top human being!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird happy to let his players be injected with who knows what? Wonder how he would feel if the same sort of thing was done to his own son? Suspect I'll sue! I'll sue!

They knew what they were giving them and the players did it with full knowledge.

Hird's greatest sins were putting himself ahead of his club when Demetriou tapped him on the shoulder and told him to fall on his sword and disappear quick, then when he turned around and tried to throw Demetriou under the bus when he realised he had painted himself in to a corner with his grand standing narcissistic bullshit.

The most puzzling thing in the washup is how any self respecting scum supporter would have a bar of the bloke now. I suppose if you have no standards to begin with, then you have none to lose.

They knew what they were giving them and the players did it with full knowledge.

Hird's greatest sins were putting himself ahead of his club when Demetriou tapped him on the shoulder and told him to fall on his sword and disappear quick, then when he turned around and tried to throw Demetriou under the bus when he realised he had painted himself in to a corner with his grand standing narcissistic bullshit.

The most puzzling thing in the washup is how any self respecting scum supporter would have a bar of the bloke now. I suppose if you have no standards to begin with, then you have none to lose.

Some bomber fans still tell me hirdy is innocent. Cult like following :D

The most puzzling thing is how any self respecting scum supporter would have a bar of the bloke now. I suppose if you have no standards to begin with, then you have none to lose.
I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron as you'd have to really hate yourself to barrack for *.

I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron as you'd have to really hate yourself to barrack for *.

I meant it in the context as it applies to them.

Still, just how stupid do you have to be to think the bloke is a great clubman?

IMO, what he did is right up in the lowest of the low character traits that someone can exhibit.

1) putting yourself before club and underlings
2) turning the entire scenario in to a spectacle and putting your club on show
3) Turning lagger on its own is unforgiveable, but then turning on the bloke that gave you the heads up in the first place? *******. Deplorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back